OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that one of Utah's players was hospitalized this week with COVID complications and their game against UCLA may be canceled.

A fan of a opposing team (maybe ASU) commented on Olijah Griffin’s locker room celebration video on social with death threats and hard r N words.

———

Side note it’s looking like Devon Williams is not good and the stories about Drake running him outta town a la Ricky are true. casper90403 casper90403 tupac003 tupac003

Last edited:
All but one SEC game is postponed this week. There's a non-zero chance that we don't finish the SEC schedule. We all knew that things would get worse as we move into winter weather. I'm surprised we made it this far to be honest

Whelp, last year was great and all..

but we can’t never have nice things

look like coach O gotta get up out the paint

All but one SEC game is postponed this week. There's a non-zero chance that we don't finish the SEC schedule. We all knew that things would get worse as we move into winter weather. I'm surprised we made it this far to be honest

I mean it’s not shocking that a bunch of football coaches would believe in herd immunity.. but yea it’s always shocking how far these dudes are willing to go with kids lives who are being paid

The entire attempt to have a college football season was a House of cards if you think about it. You're reliant on not only your team, but a dozen other teams in your conference following the rules. If even a handful of players at one school gets sick, games get canceled and schedules get thrown off. there's a decent chance we don't have a national champion this season like we did in basketball.

The entire attempt to have a college football season was a House of cards if you think about it. You're reliant on not only your team, but a dozen other teams in your conference following the rules. If even a handful of players at one school gets sick, games get canceled and schedules get thrown off. there's a decent chance we don't have a national champion this season like we did in basketball.

It's really not even following rules. You could follow all the rules/precautionary measures that you want and could still get it unless you're in a "bubble" situation.

It's really not even following rules. You could follow all the rules/precautionary measures that you want and could still get it unless you're in a "bubble" situation.

Then that idiot Paul finebaum has the audacity to call out these college athletes for being irresponsible and putting games in jeopardy. So let me get this straight, these college kids were expected to follow protocols, not visit friends and family, not party all while not getting paid? That was the plan?

Then that idiot Paul finebaum has the audacity to call out these college athletes for being irresponsible and putting games in jeopardy. So let me get this straight, these college kids were expected to follow protocols, not visit friends and family, not party all while not getting paid? That was the plan?

Yeah that's clown stuff :lol:

House of cards is the perfect way to put this season. I'm honestly surprised we even got this far with it.

You were also adamant about players wanting to play, it being safer for them to play, having the ability to opt out and accusing posters in the thread of wanting to see this fail. So this about face is pretty hilarious coming from you. :lol: This was the expectation from the jump. We knew a second wave was coming in the middle of football season. Just below, you said that schools may take drastic measures to play football... Is it oochie wallie or?

I feel like you guys don't want them to figure something out. I feel like you guys don't want them to play just so you can say "I told you so". You guys don't want them to play yet the majority of them do want to play lol. Some of y'all are weird.

Yes, things are going to look different this season and schools might take drastic measures to play football (players being sequestered to dorms, constant testing, games and practices being canceled due to outbreaks, etc). Also, the players who don't feel comfortable taking those measures or have health concerns for them or their families shouldn't play. I don't understand what you guys are arguing about.
Some of you guys are framing it like "these poor young black men are being dragged from their homes and forced to play college football for our entertainment when they clearly don't want to" (I'm black by the way so miss me with that "you don't get it" stuff)

Most of these guys want to play and for those who don't want to play they can easily opt out. Just because they're not making the decision you want them to make or that you would make yourself, doesn't make it a bad decision.

You were also adamant about players wanting to play, it being safer for them to play, having the ability to opt out and accusing posters in the thread of wanting to see this fail. So this about face is pretty hilarious coming from you. :lol: This was the expectation from the jump. We knew a second wave was coming in the middle of football season. Just below, you said that schools may take drastic measures to play football... Is it oochie wallie or?

I like dude but his takes on COVID-19 have been trash just to watch his Dawgs get washed again.

I mean has this dude heard some of the sec coaches.. especially the newest one

IdenticalUniformCockatoo-small.gif

“Some of y’all are weird.”

You were also adamant about players wanting to play, it being safer for them to play, having the ability to opt out and accusing poste tors in the thread of wanting to see this fail. So this about face is pretty hilarious coming from you. :lol: This was the expectation from the jump. We knew a second wave was coming in the middle of football season. Just below, you said that schools may take drastic measures to play football... Is it oochie wallie or?

I don't understand how anything I said there isn't any way contradictory to what I'm saying now. We all knew the season would look different and it certainly has. We all knew that practices and games would be canceled and that's happened. I also know that the majority of these guys did, and still do want to play and finish their seasons.

What I don't like is these highly paid members of the media calling out these college kids for not being responsible

I don't understand how anything I said there isn't any way contradictory to what I'm saying now. We all knew the season would look different and it certainly has. We all knew that practices and games would be canceled and that's happened. I also know that the majority of these guys did, and still do want to play and finish their seasons.

What I don't like is these highly paid members of the media calling out these college kids for not being responsible
If you don't understand how that's contradictory then I don't know what to tell you man. :lol: You acknowledged that there would be drastic measures required to play football for NO MONEY, yet now you seem confused about commentators criticizing kids who are being forced to follow drastic measures for NO MONEY. Being fine with this set up opens the doors for these criticisms, all on the backs of the free labor of the kids. So your point about Finebaum is looking extremely funny in the light, among other posts of yours that I didn't even post.

It just comes off as you changing your viewpoint after your team is out of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom