OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1625768729152.jpg
LMAO :rofl:
another ____ in china next season meme?
why is this even a "thing"

because china is seen as the minor leagues so when someone messes up or runs out of talent they get sent to the minor leagues aka cba. it has noting to do with asian hate
Because it's funny
NO CAP :lol:

LeBron would've gotten Ben traded by the All-Star break if they ever ended up on the same squad.

I can't think of a worse pairing than LeBron James and Ben Simmons. Offensively, what value would Ben Simmons add to a LeBron James team? LeBron would still be the primary ball handler and Ben doesn't stretch the floor, he doesn't post up and he doesn't move well off ball.

Lakers already have an elite defense so it's not like Ben would make the Lakers better on that end either.

Most people's point is that Ben Simmons is a massive underachiever. People expect a generational talent, he said he wanted to be the best in the game. Being a good to sometimes great role player is not enough especially for the price.

Not faulting Ben for taking what the market said he could get, but if you are gonna compare him to something like Green we gotta remember the market said Green was worth much less than 30 million a year.

Bens Simmons is not a scrub, but his where is at as a player, given the money he is making, is unacceptable and frankly a bit ridiculous

A PG that can't shoot, won't shoot, and has made no progress on the problem in 5 years to the point and needs to be benched in the fourth because of it.
Don't forget he clogs up Embiids space on offense.

Not sure, I usually ignore emails from them.

I'm trying to point out we're prisoners of the moment with Ben Simmons. Some of ya'll making it seem like Popeye Jones was a better ball player than Simmons. Someone even went as far as to say there's role players in the NBA who do what Ben Simmons does.

For me, it's all about expectations. After Ben Simmons rookie year I legitimately thought he had the potential to be a top five player in the league and win MVP one day. He was easily the best player in his draft class early on. I was thinking "This guy is averaging 16-8-8 as a rookie with no jump shot, imagine how good he'll be in a couple of years!"

Fast forward 4 years later and he's only slightly better than he was as a rookie and has regressed in some areas. They're multiple players in his draft class who have passed him up now. Jaylen Brown, Ingram, Jamal Murray, and Sabonis have all passed Ben Simmons because they've made major improvements in Ben Simmons is basically the same player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom