OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
208463841_4875243462504139_5067703855814494217_n.jpg

even kobe Brick-Layer bryant would shoot better than 31% better in the Finals. Not a whole lot better, but better nonetheless.

No doubt in my mind. I don't think the sneakers are doing what their supposed to do which is to help these athletes perform at the highest level. What's the last significant development anyone can remember on the shoe front? Last development I can think of is Nike's Shox technology but I don't know whether that was more of a gimmick than utility.
Gimmick. There was some science behind the design of the Shox providing an “energy return”, but it’s was nothing I noticed actually wearing them. I’m guessing most others felt the same since Nike stopped making Shox basketball shoes (except for retro-ing the BB4s).

There really haven’t been any significant performance developments in hoops shoes that I’m aware of. Continued use of lighter weight materials; trying to incorporate post-consumer materials. Experiments with adaptive lacing. Nothing close to game changing.
Everything these shoe companies do is a gimmick.

Vast majority of the footwear is terrible for our physiology In the long run.

Shox were a mixed bag - there were simply not good at energy absorption, if you had a lighter build it would return the energy to your knees. VC had a bad injury with the full length Shox but switched to the low profile Zoom/Shox after and had a lengthy career.

I legitimately wish sneaker companies would go back to leathers, with both active cushioning 'Air/Gel' and a mid cut.

PHX definitely got it right with Ayton considering they already had Book. If they hadn't drafted Booker, then Luka would be the right pick, hindsight being 20-20.

Ayton will be an All-Star for years to come. And imo, DA been the Suns' most consistent and most valuable piece in their entire playoff run thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom