OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly’s other “all-star” :rolleyes is gonna have to actually get some buckets tonight. Hopefully the Wizards will slide Gafford in at the 4 to keep Dwight and Ben off the boards but it’s Scott Brooks so who knows.
Dwight isnt gonna start. Gonna be either Simmons, Scott or Toliver at the 5. If Simmons at the 5, either Maxey, Hill or Korkmaz start (i prefer Kork for more shooters).

I am sure Stevens will pick up where Ainge left off and get the team back on track, all the Celtics fans mad at Kyrie just need to stand back and stand by

Kevin Durant

Embiid is like twice as heavy as KD. Huge implications for Embiid and the organization moving forward, woah......

Trezz can't space the floor, rebound or defend against good teams. He was signed to get through the slog of the regular season. It is what it is.

Doc booked his ticket out from the Clips org by dying on the Trezz and the Lou Will hill. Trezz’s weaknesses were on full display for the bubble and he tried to beat his chest and let Rich Paul fleece him instead of betting on himself in Charlotte. Life comes at you too fast

People always try to stretch to make it the players fault. It’s not his fault... injuries are just bad luck. Nothing you can do about it.

Same for AD.
Injuries are part of the game. You need a lot of luck to win it all.

Agreed with you both. Struggling to understand how Embiid and AD playing 'reckless' - they're historically just injury prone. Maybe their footwear ain't up to snuff?

Agreed with you both. Struggling to understand how Embiid and AD playing 'reckless' - they're historically just injury prone. Maybe their footwear ain't up to snuff?

I've always thought Embiid played sort of reckless in a way that would injure someone else, not himself. The way he jumps on top of people for rebounds. I've seen seen him come down on some people and been like damn that's gotta be a broken neck.

But that's really just him playing hard and probably not recognizing his own size/strength.

Trezz can't space the floor, rebound or defend against good teams. He was signed to get through the slog of the regular season. It is what it is.

Trez can’t guard PnR. I guess he’s an option since street clothes is hurt and Andre Drummond has no idea what’s going on when he’s on the court but Lakers would be better off looking for Lebron to score 50 ppg over the next 2 games then depending on Harrell to be the primary rim protection

Thanks for the insight - surprised that there's no matchup where Trezz is serviceable in this series.

I've always thought Embiid played sort of reckless in a way that would injure someone else, not himself. The way he jumps on top of people for rebounds. I've seen seen him come down on some people and been like damn that's gotta be a broken neck.

But that's really just him playing hard and probably not recognizing his own size/strength.

Agreed with you - I could be wrong but it seems like the cats here were commenting how on how he jumps and lands with regards to himself.

Since this is a sneaker forum I wonder if mid/higher cut shoes with some type of 'active' (non-foam) based cushioning would help them. Feels like these sneaker companies just looking to maximize profits with minimalistic shoes.

Additionally, if I'm Embiid I sit out for the rest of the playoffs. It's not worth jeopardizing your overall playing career for an injury as serious as this.

Aren't Beal and Russ a little hobbled too? Sixers should have enough fire power to close this out and get gentleman swept by the Hawks.

It's crazy how the complexion of these entire playoffs have changed in a matter of days.

The Bucks/Nets series winner basically penciled into the NBA finals at this point.

Clippers looked DOA down 0-2 heading to Dallas, now they seemed poised to go to the Finals.

Now watch they lose tonight. :lol: :smh:

These playoffs gonna be a war of attrition.

RIP season |l

Joel would have been MVP if healthy
Sixers would have had the best chance to make it to the finals with Bucks and Nets grinding it out plus LeBron and AD out, we also would have had court advantage if the Jazz didn't make it.

Hey don't count out Simmons...
Magic became the starting center when Kareem got injured and won the chip :nthat:

It's crazy how the complexion of these entire playoffs have changed in a matter of days.

The Bucks/Nets series winner basically penciled into the NBA finals at this point.

Clippers looked DOA down 0-2 heading to Dallas, now they seemed poised to go to the Finals.

The injuries suck but it’s been entertaining still

I’m not counting the team out because I’ve seen this exact scenario play out before. the guy who should be MVP didn’t win because of games missed due to injury. Team gets counted out and wins it all anyway

Embiid is definitely cautious in how he falls. The reason he falls down a lot is to relive landing pressure on his knees/ankles.

I’m not counting the team out because I’ve seen this exact scenario play out before. the guy who should be MVP didn’t win because of games missed due to injury. Team gets counted out and wins it all anyway

Are you talking about Lebron James though :lol:

I learned from the Twitters today that, with respect to one of the refs working the game tonight, the Clippers are 0-5 in games of theirs he’s called this season, while the Mavs are 7-0 in games with him :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom