OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris is best from the corners. Think they underestimated Rudy’s ability to get out there to cover.

I could see that. Just watching the clip right now Gobert started to move in to the paint but Kawhi’s pass wasn’t direct so Goober had time to recover. Surprised Rudy was able to get back up so quick.

watching it again I had the play mixed up now I’m thinking Kawhi could’ve passed it back to PG and set a screen for PG to shoot, or Kawhi dribbled high and PG set a screen for him to shoot.

I could see that. Just watching the clip right now Gobert started to move in to the paint but Kawhi’s pass wasn’t direct so Goober had time to recover. Surprised Rudy was able to get back up so quick.

watching it again I had the play mixed up now I’m thinking Kawhi could’ve passed it back to PG and set a screen for PG to shoot, or Kawhi dribbled high and PG set a screen for him to shoot.

It was a poor possession any way you look at it, but I can’t be mad about Morris getting it if they really thought he had a good look.

Gobert did good but y’all wilding like Mitchell didn’t put the team on his back :rofl:

Offensively...he certainly put the team on his back.

Gobert was better than good tonight. Like the Wayoff P jokes are funny...but neither Kawhi or PG scored a SINGLE basket in the paint tonight when Gobert was around the rim. Not one (the closest Gobert was on a Kawhi make was a semi-contest from behind on last minute help). Every Kawhi make in the paint came when Gobert wasn't in the game or wasn't at the rim. Paul George didn't even WANT to attack the rim tonight.

There's a reason why. Both Gobert and Donovan Mitchell played the exact roles they were supposed to tonight. Take one away and this is an L.

shotchart.png
shotchart (1).png

How so? They blew a huge halftime lead, the Jazz shot about his poorly is it possibly could have in the first half and Utah was playing without their second best offensive player and they still found a way to win. If anything, Utah should feel really good about the fact that they can beat the Clippers without their 2nd best player. I got jazz in six

How so? They blew a huge halftime lead, the Jazz shot about his poorly is it possibly could have in the first half and Utah was playing without their second best offensive player and they still found a way to win. If anything, Utah should feel really good about the fact that they can beat the Clippers without their 2nd best player. I got jazz in six
13 pts isn't a huge lead with the way the jazz shoot the three ball
if anything the jazz should've won by double digits with how poorly the clips played in the second half. should've ran away with the gm
as bad as the jazz was in the 1st qtr, the clips were worse in the second half

I can’t even front I thought the Clippers would dominate with the small ball lineup. Gobert did a great job of holding his own while Zubac wasn’t playing. I actually thought Zubac held his own against Gobert and that Rudy played better when Zubac was off the floor (idk what the Numbers are but I’m just going off my memory / eyes)

It’s only 1 game so we still have to let the rest of the series play out but I trust Lue to make adjustments and for Kawhi to start hitting his mid range shots again. Gobert def protected the paint well and had LAC thinking on every drive.

We’ll see. It’s a long series.

Kawhi only scored once on Rudy in the paint and that was on a rebound off his miss.

Clips gonna have to decide whether they want to keep playing small on offense to draw Gobert out of the paint or unleash Zubac and just let him battle on both ends. If Morris doesn't shoot better it's gonna be an easy decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom