OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the game. A huge part of LeBron's legacy is winning the 2016 finals. Imagine how people might look at him differently if he had lost that game. Same goes for game seven of the 2013 Finals

Imagine how we might look at Kevin Durant differently if he wins game 7 of the 2016 WCF

Imagine how we might look at Harden differently if he beats the Warriors in game 7 of the 2018 WCF
I understand what you mean, but we also don't know what can be done after that. I'm just saying, ppl can't call a game a legacy defining game with no knowledge of the future.

Utah made 19 and 17 3’s in games 3 and 4

Mitchell shot 46% on pull up 3’s on over 12 attempts in games 3 and 4

they were down by as many as 28 in each one

need Conley back badly

I understand what you mean, but we also don't know what can be done after that. I'm just saying, ppl can't call a game a legacy defining game with no knowledge of the future.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Before game 7 of the 2016 WCF I knew that the outcome of that game, win or lose, would shape the way I viewed Kevin Durant.

Same goes for game 7 of the 2016 Finals.

I think it's totally legitimate for fans to say "The outcome of this one game will change the way I view XYZ player".

Is it completely fair? No but sports is full of winners and losers.

Did Peyton Manning become a better player the moment he won the Super Bowl? Was he a better player when he went to bed that night than he was when he got up that morning? Of course not but sports is about accomplishments.

need Conley back badly

They need Conley back badly. The clippers are just forcing the ball out of Donovan's hands and forcing the other jazz players to beat them. Can't do that if Utah has another elite ball handler and creator.

Also, the Clippers role players have been shooting a lights out at home, I don't expect that to continue in Utah.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Before game 7 of the 2016 WCF I knew that the outcome of that game, win or lose, would shape the way I viewed Kevin Durant.

Same goes for game 7 of the 2016 Finals.

I think it's totally legitimate for fans to say "The outcome of this one game will change the way I view XYZ player".

Is it completely fair? No but sports is full of winners and losers.

Did Peyton Manning become a better player the moment he won the Super Bowl? Was he a better player when he went to bed that night than he was when he got up that morning? Of course not but sports is about accomplishments.
Peyton was cemented whether he won a Super Bowl or not lol.. But we can agree to disagree then.

Pretty incredible article detailing the last decade plus of Mark Cuban being a weirdo who constantly inserts himself into the news. He has a longer list of weird actions than I remember.

While I don’t think any of these comments100% hurt Dallas in like FA and stuff it certainly doesn’t help

The Kmart comments, sterling comments, the black hoodie comments, the aaa mixtape comment when most of the league is black and have aau mixtapes, just nasty.

Peyton was cemented whether he won a Super Bowl or not lol.. But we can agree to disagree then.

True. I hate to synthesize sports down to simple black and white topics but the idea of single, legacy defining games exists. Imagine how different you might look at Stockton and Malone if they had won the 98 Finals.

Imagine how different you might look at Aaron Rodgers if he had not won that one Super Bowl.

They need Conley back badly. The clippers are just forcing the ball out of Donovan's hands and forcing the other jazz players to beat them. Can't do that if Utah has another elite ball handler and creator.

Also, the Clippers role players have been shooting a lights out at home, I don't expect that to continue in Utah.

clips players not named Reggie Jackson have shot the ball really bad in Utah. Ice cold. Actually think they’re overdue for a hot game on the road this series.

And while they’ve been lights out at home, Reggie, Marcus morris, Batum, they’re all .400 or better from 3. They shoot 41% from 3 as a team. They aren’t shooting that crazy at home

need Conley back badly
conley will help take pressure off donovan being a playmaker on the offensive end
jazz got to find a way to stop dribble penetration. the clips been playing downhill and been able to get rudy on the perimeter by going small. when rudy is out, they are taking advantage of favors

jazz should be confident. they got going at the end of the gm. ball was moving and shots were going down

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Pretty incredible article detailing the last decade plus of Mark Cuban being a weirdo who constantly inserts himself into the news. He has a longer list of weird actions than I remember.

He turned into basketball Jerry Jones in front of everyone's eyes but because he does a ton of press and comes off as "relatable" the national media doesn't touch him nor does the local media.

The one time the man got out of his own way and shut up he won a championship.

I think harden watched will barton hoop with his hamstring looking like baby back ribs and still able to contribute, figures he's give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom