OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really too much to ask for from Zion to ask to be sorrounded with better starters than Bledsoe and Adams? Hes playing in a phonebooth i get the frustration.

I get the frustration but he needs to understand that reshaping a roster takes time. The Pelicans screwed up Anthony Davis's time in New Orleans because they made shortsighted free agency decisions to "win now" that blew up in their faces.

It would be foolish for the Pelicans to make short-sighted decisions, trade draft picks in sign Band-Aid free agents in order to appease a second-year player.

I get the frustration but he needs to understand that reshaping a roster takes time. The Pelicans screwed up Anthony Davis's time in New Orleans because they made shortsighted free agency decisions to "win now" that blew up in their faces.

It would be foolish for the Pelicans to make short-sighted decisions, trade draft picks in sign Band-Aid free agents in order to appease a second-year player.
Reshaping the roster takes time but you actually have to try and improve every year. They got worse last year in putting shooting next to him. No shooting and bad team defense.

I don't like David Griffith at all but it's insane to me if Zion really wants out when he's yet to play a full season his two years there in NOLA.

This seems unprecedented :wow:

Last edited:

What time man to reshape a roster ? They surrounded themselves with horrible choices Traded Jrue for two scrubs .
They resigned adams after 18 million he does nothing you can sign javale for 4 million . Look what happened to buddy stef van gundy where’s he at. ? Horrible coach you have two young stars paired with a improving point guard . Who is happy in New Orleans Rn ? Josh hart best bench player is out of there . They tried to pair Lonzo Ingram Zion with reddick Eric Bledsoe and Adams . They literally paid those 3 60 million to have basically their worst season ever .

Nobody's trying to struggle on a bad team even for one year.

These guys aren't trying to pay their dues at all.

Why should they?

They had no say in where they were drafted. Why should Zion, or anyone, be loyal to New Orleans? Or Atlanta? or Dallas?

Everyone wants players to hold up their end of the contract they signed but shouldn't front offices be held to a higher standard?

The front office signs a guy that turns out to be a regretful contract that's eventually traded. Why not stick it out for three more years?

That was a classic devastating Game 5 for Milwaukee and Giannis in particular. If they don’t start out hot fueled by the crowd right away, it’s curtains for the Bucks.

Nets by at least 10.

Why should they?

They had no say in where they were drafted. Why should Zion, or anyone, be loyal to New Orleans? Or Atlanta? or Dallas?

Everyone wants players to hold up their end of the contract they signed but shouldn't front offices be held to a higher standard?

The front office signs a guy that turns out to be a regretful contract that's eventually traded. Why not stick it out for three more years?

It's just not realistic to ask some of the worst teams in the league to immediately turn around and get good. New Orleans, Atlanta and Dallas were among the worst teams in the league the year they drafted their young stars.

Also, these teams get better as their young stars get better. Zion, while a very good young player, is part of the problem in New Orleans and has major holes in his game he needs to fix that will also help the team get better.

Maybe I'm an old man now but I miss the era of top picks drafted to poor teams understanding that this is a work in progress and it takes time to get better. Now the moment a player gets to a rebuilding team they say "this roster sucks and you better fix it immediately".

At least stars from the prior era like LeBron, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Curry, etc took a wait and see approach and gave their front offices time. These young cats are really built different.

2nd and 3-year players giving ultimatums and wanting input into roster decisions. Interesting times.

that approach only worked for steph and the gsw almost traded him . If Kd spoke up sooner doubt the thunder would have traded james

Big men can’t turn teams around

gotta have a guard or really good small forward to help change the direction of the team.

look at the Mavericks and Atlanta, thought they would suck for years but both middle of the pack of their conference and outside of their superstars, team ain’t nothing to write home about

I mean Eric Bledsoe was starting at the 2 for New Orleans, that should say everything about their roster structure :lol: I personally think DiVencezo or however you spell his name, would’ve been a better fit.

"Rings" culture. Cats are worried about their legacy the moment they enter the league. Nobody's trying to struggle on a bad team even for one year.

I remember in Trae Young's sophomore season, they were reports that he was already frustrated with the losing. These guys aren't trying to pay their dues at all.

This is the natural next step of the player empowerment movement. Any second or third year player who shows promise is now given the keys to the franchise and they expect to have their every demand met.

Yeah they were saying Trae was demanding roster changes halfway through his second season :lol:

Trae Young was right to complain because the team got way better. They traded for Clint, signed Bogey and Gallo. We all love Vince but there’s no reason he should’ve been on the roster last year.

I think these young dudes saw Kd & Bron play the “loyal employee” role for their first 7 years of their career and that got them no where. Why should young superstars wait around for their GM to make good moves? People try and act like Trae magically got way better this year. He Improved like any young player does but he’s always been this raw. It’s just his team was ***.

Curious how much having to play with Ingram is factoring into him wanting to leave

I don’t think that’s the issue. They both went to Duke they probably rock with each other. I think trading Reddick (a Vet who is also a Duke alumnus) and him complaining about how Griffin did him was worse.

I for sure Think ingram will request a trade soon but it’s not because of Zion. It’s because the team management is ****ing terrible.

Jokic, Embiid, Giannis
wasn't just embiid

Giannis took long time and revamped rosters

my point was you can't get a 1-2 year turn around from a big guy unless you already have a solid team all around

pelicans are trash

wasn't just embiid

Giannis took long time and revamped rosters

my point was you can't get a 1-2 year turn around from a big guy unless you already have a solid team all around

pelicans are trash

It's rare to get a 1-2 year turnaround with any rookie, no matter how good they are lol. Very few rookies in the history of basketball instantly turned their franchises around. Even those who did turn their franchises around didn't turn it around on their own. Their rosters changed a lot.

Wade got Shaq in his second year, Luka got KP, The Hawks didn't turn things around until they signed a whole bunch of free agents this past summer.

1623974047729.png

RJ was commenting on Booker giving the Suns in 4 dude a jersey and tickets :lol:

It's rare to get a 1-2 year turnaround with any rookie, no matter how good they are lol. Very few rookies in the history of basketball instantly turned their franchises around. Even those who did turn their franchises around didn't turn it around on their own. Their rosters changed a lot.

Wade got Shaq in his second year, Luka got KP, The Hawks didn't turn things around until they signed a whole bunch of free agents this past summer.
KP? :rofl:

and not like either team has stars, that’s my point. Luka or trae could make the pistons a playoff team easily

Zion can’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom