OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell did this Kansas fan come from. lol Jk. It was a matter of time before yall became competitive. Kansasa has a Juco, Texas pipelines with some players from the boot.

There weren’t many of us KU football fans around over the last decade. It has been some really dark days.

Biggest difference is KU has a real football coach and finally has it scholarship numbers back in order. This year they played the portal really well and are 100% ahead of schedule from where I thought they would.
langfor5 langfor5 a ooooold head in here maaaaan. :lol:
Haha I been on NT for a long, long time, brother. #Washed

I think langfor5 langfor5 been here since the mid aughts “is it gonna be Kansas vs. Mizzou or West Virginia for the chip” days at least.
Yup, last time KU was actually relevant was the KU vs MU game at Arrowhead.

Haha I been on NT for a long, long time, brother. #Washed

Yup, last time KU was actually relevant was the KU vs MU game at Arrowhead.
We're this old man:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_01_at_8.32.23_PM.png

I remember watching this **** in my dorm room and in the moment thinking how nuts the year was.

Elias Ricks got benched at Bama? Dude ruined his draft stock by going there. Saban didn’t let him play Vs. Texas.

Jermaine Burton looking like some mid too.

Feels like I was just reading an ESPN piece about Mario speaking Spanish so the U was going to be back. Yikes.

‘It was all good just a week ago’.

Elias Ricks got benched at Bama? Dude ruined his draft stock by going there. Saban didn’t let him play Vs. Texas.

Jermaine Burton is definitely good but I didn’t see him as an elite WR. Plus there were rumors that Saban wanted to shift back to a more run heavy approach anyways

He's gotten some playing time throughout the season but Eli has been a rotation player and not the day one starter many expected him to be.

Burton is just a good, but not great college receiver. He certainly contributor but I think he was set up for failure when people expected him to become an all-American just because he put on an Alabama Jersey. He looks like the exact same receiver who left the Georgia last year.

“The University of New Orleans is considering launching an American football team that can play at a new purpose-built stadium.

Tim Duncan, UNO’s fourth-year athletic director, last week signalled his intention to add American football, women’s golf, women’s soccer and a marching band to the college’s athletics offering.

UNO currently fields teams in baseball, basketball, men’s golf and volleyball, but Duncan believes that adding a dedicated football team and stadium would boost the college’s wider athletics program.

“We want to enhance the student experience here on campus. Our students love being on a peaceful, serene campus right on the lake. But as a 21-year-old, sometimes you want to be able to have some fun that’s really close to you, and they don’t necessarily have that in our area. This is a way we can change that experience.”

Still made no sense why he went to Missouri even though it’s home. What was he expecting?

Kid can ball. Was a nightmare for Bosco to handle last year

I see a lot of players hinder their careers because they're so focused on staying close to home. Oftentimes, it's their parents advocating for this. Same thing happened with Jordan Burch, five star defensive lineman who chose South Carolina over Georgia because his mom wanted him to stay close to home and look what's happened to his career.

---

“The University of New Orleans is considering launching an American football team that can play at a new purpose-built stadium.

Tim Duncan, UNO’s fourth-year athletic director, last week signalled his intention to add American football, women’s golf, women’s soccer and a marching band to the college’s athletics offering.

UNO currently fields teams in baseball, basketball, men’s golf and volleyball, but Duncan believes that adding a dedicated football team and stadium would boost the college’s wider athletics program.

“We want to enhance the student experience here on campus. Our students love being on a peaceful, serene campus right on the lake. But as a 21-year-old, sometimes you want to be able to have some fun that’s really close to you, and they don’t necessarily have that in our area. This is a way we can change that experience.”
Coach O

Last edited:
Sitting at a bar in ATL and a UGA fan was telling me about Stetson Bennett’s story. Never paid him any mind or read anything about his background until last year. How can anyone root against that man?

Kind of hoping Lane goes to Auburn, and OM picks up prime.
You think a black man is going to become head coach at a school whos fanbase is still crying over Colonel Reb not being the official mascot? HAHAAAAAAAA

I can't post the video because I'm at work, but Deion Sanders did an interview yesterday with the "Earn Your Leisure" podcast and made it known that he's sticking with JSU. His idea is to help push JSU into one of the Power 5 conferences somewhere down the line. He's also in constant talk with other HBCU head coaches like Hue Jackson, Fred McNair & Eddie George about how they can help improve recruiting/finances at those particular programs.

Wouldn’t wish a head coaching job for one of those Mississippi schools on any Black HC, word to Sylvester Croom
I wouldn't mind Mississippi State because they at least try. Shout out to them for releasing jerseys earlier this year to honor the first black football players to play at the school. Ole Miss would never. HAAAHAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom