OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

That sounds like something that a drunk booster said in a fit of rage, I very much doubt that would happen
They’re starting to plant the seeds for “youre hiring a ******* coordinator” conversations in December.

They aren’t paying $75m’s for him to just go away.

They could, but they’re not gonna.

Yeah, I know TAMU has **** it money, But putting out 75m right now would be crazy even for them.

That’s aside from the fact that it would be open season on that recruiting class they just landed and barring them hiring someone incredible most of that class would dip

They’re starting to plant the seeds for “youre hiring a ****ing coordinator” conversations in December.

They aren’t paying $75m’s for him to just go away.

They could, but they’re not gonna.
You think they’re actually going to be able to force him to?

Yeah, I know TAMU has **** it money, But putting out 75m right now would be crazy even for them.

That’s aside from the fact that it would be open season on that recruiting class they just landed and barring them hiring someone incredible most of that class would dip

You think those recruits are beholden to Jimbo Fisher? 😂 You think it was Jimbo Fisher's electric personality and long track record of success and winning and national championship when these recruits were in elementary school is what took them to college station? You think Jimbo fishers offense is what got two five star receivers excited to play for the Aggies?

20221002_165036.jpg

Those recruits are there for the check, I don't think Jimbo Fisher leaving would matter unless the money stopped flowing. Texas A&M would not have any retention issues if they fire Jimbo and got someone else.

Last edited:
You think they’re actually going to be able to force him to?
How much does he like everything he could ever ask for being funded no questions asked?

And he, as well as anyone, knows they can LOL at $75m if they really wanted to.
You think those recruits are beholden to Jimbo Fisher? 😂 You think it was Jimbo Fisher's electric personality and long track record of success and winning and national championship when these recruits were in elementary school is what took them to college station? You think Jimbo fishers offense is what got two five star receivers excited to play for the Aggies?

20221002_165036.jpg

Those recruits are there for the check, I don't think Jimbo Fisher leaving would matter unless the money stopped flowing. Texas A&M would not have any retention issues if they fire Jimbo and got someone else.
My thing with this graphic is always how stupid it looks and how much other context it actually ignores.

NIL is a factor. Sure.

But are we supposed to look at that and think “MAN THESE IDIOTS JUST WOKE UP ONE MORNING FOUR YEARS IN AND DECIDED THEY HAD TO WRITE SOME CHECKS?”

Is the implication A&M wasn’t cheating before NIL? And just now decided to? It’s stupid to try and pin all the recruiting success on that.

Especially when those same people spun the narrative that Saban killed it for them this year and that isn’t really holding its water because in what was always going to be a smaller class they’re still landing as much QUALITY as essentially anyone else in the country.

Jimbo recruited well at Florida State, too, so what’s the excuse for that?

4 big 12 teams and no Oklahoma or Texas to be seen :lol:

Those LA programs are looking like the better conference additions rn

How much does he like everything he could ever ask for being funded no questions asked?

And he, as well as anyone, knows they can LOL at $75m if they really wanted to.

My thing with this graphic is always how stupid it looks and how much other context it actually ignores.

NIL is a factor. Sure.

But are we supposed to look at that and think “MAN THESE IDIOTS JUST WOKE UP ONE MORNING FOUR YEARS IN AND DECIDED THEY HAD TO WRITE SOME CHECKS?”

Is the implication A&M wasn’t cheating before NIL? And just now decided to? It’s stupid to try and pin all the recruiting success on that.

Especially when those same people spun the narrative that Saban killed it for them this year and that isn’t really holding its water because in what was always going to be a smaller class they’re still landing as much QUALITY as essentially anyone else in the country.

Jimbo recruited well at Florida State, too, so what’s the excuse for that?

1. I think that every top program has been paying players for years but the ability to pay them above board and provide direct payment makes things easier for resource-rich programs. No more bag men necessary, these are legal checks now.

2. Jimbo Fisher was recruiting well at Florida State...because it's Florida State. Jimbo is a very good recruiter, I don't think he's some type of bum

No need to get worked up, it's just a meme. What I'm getting at is that Texas A&M wouldn't have to worry about player attention if they got rid of Jimbo

1. I think that every top program has been paying players for years but the ability to pay them above board and provide direct payment makes things easier for resource-rich programs. No more bag men necessary, these are legal checks now.
You’re delusional if you think bag men aren’t still necessary :lol:. The NIL money going around mostly isn’t even as much as it’s been hyped up to be from all accounts.
. What I'm getting at is that Texas A&M wouldn't have to worry about player attention if they got rid of Jimbo
we’re in an era where kids get one free transfer. I think you’re completely wrong here

2. Jimbo Fisher was recruiting well at Florida State...because it's Florida State. Jimbo is a very good recruiter, I don't think he's some type of bum

No need to get worked up, it's just a meme. What I'm getting at is that Texas A&M wouldn't have to worry about player attention if they got rid of Jimbo
Not worked up at all. Just think it’s kind of a brain dead argument to point at and the data in the screenshot stripped of any actual context
is just silly.

But I guess my point is even Florida State didn’t recruit at any point in their history like they did with Jimbo and they haven’t come close since.

He’s an elite recruiter regardless of how we feel about his coaching ability/rigidity and those data points were moving up and to the right collectively even before NIL.

You’re delusional if you think bag men aren’t still necessary :lol:. The NIL money going around mostly isn’t even as much as it’s been hyped up to be from all accounts.

we’re in an era where kids get one free transfer. I think you’re completely wrong here
I think we’re in a place where any firing/forced coaching change, regardless of where it’s at, is going to be a problem for retaining talent on the roster.

Most guys, not all but most, aren’t going to Texas A&M or Georgia or Alabama because they love the school/program/whatever.

They’re going for coaches and relationships. Money is a factor, but they can get money at most any major program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom