OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuffling through his notes, almost assuredly having to repeat the play call because he rambled through it too fast, the yells at the quarterback for delay of games or not having enough time to check out of a bad call or shift protections to mitigate pressure

:lol: :lol:

Some things never change

1664772897668.png

Jarret Doege, the younger brother of Seth Doege, Graham Harrell’s bff and former inside receivers coach at TTU and SC. Currently on staff at Ole Miss with 2-3 of the other former TTU/SC folks. Jarret isn’t terrible so I’m shocked he’s having so much trouble sticking anywhere.

Seems like Leonhard has the defensive scheme to get them to their normal 10 wins but they need an offensive intervention like Bobby said.

Jimbo’s offense is getting a lot of blame but TAMU also has maybe the worst run defense in the SEC.

Miss State ran on TAMU for 6 yards per carry for almost 150 yards.

The defense is really bad. It’s not just the QB.

Jimbo’s offense is getting a lot of blame but TAMU also has maybe the worst run defense in the SEC.

They’re down about 6 starters with injuries now, including the three tenured DL guys they were counting on coming into the year. Their entire DL rotation is true freshmen.

They’re just getting shoved around physically as a result.

There’s an element there to where you look at what Durkin’s doing and wonder if Jimbo hasn’t mandated “safe” defensive play calling to just try and keep games close.

You’re gonna give up yards but it works when you can make teams kick - which they largely were able to against Arkansas and Miami and even App State.

But you blitz a Leach offense 5 times on 50 drop backs and he’s going to murder you.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize how bad the academic restrictions are at Wisky. My boy played there under Bielema and sent me this. He said that their admissions are more restrictive than ND and any team in the conference behind NW.

I didn’t realize how bad the academic restrictions are at Wisky. My boy played there under Bielema and sent me this. He said that their admissions are more restrictive than ND and any team in the conference behind NW.

Not only recruiting but really tough to work the transfer portal... Unless the school loosens restrictions for credits that transfer in, no chance at using that... Michigan has the same issue... Only guys that are coming in are grad transfers because admissions will not budge

And here I thought the Huskers job was going to be the one to watch. Now Wisky is open….

Welp. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope Wisconsin didn’t just pull a Nebraska and get rid of a 8-10 win a year coach and going to fall apart now

Gonna be honest with you, and this is nothing to do w/ Jimbo or aTm, but any Durkin failure is a good thing IMO

Big10 still acting like we're here to play school. :smh:
In Michigans case, I understand it, I dont like it but the worst is that they are willing to bend on admissions for freshman enrolling but not kids that are transferring as undergrads... I get that not all credits transfer over but its 2022

Gonna be honest with you, and this is nothing to do w/ Jimbo or aTm, but any Durkin failure is a good thing IMO
Jimbo played with fire with two hires this past offseason, and neither is having much early success with A&M right now.

Durkin/the defense is probably fine long-term as the two-deep grows up, but Durkin's still a sack of **** human being that I hope is away from A&M one way or another sooner than later.

Adazzio's work with the offensive line has been... abhorrent. Two freshmen All-Americans playing like dog ****, regression from an NFL Round 1-2 right guard, constant shuffling at left guard because he can't decide on who to play.

It's been a mess.

Wisconsin definitely needed to get younger and hipper in a way, but the firing (now) is a bit of a shock. We know the back room stuff though - Leonard's agent could have told them he was finally gonna bounce this offseason, so Wisconsin bites and says you know what we're going nowhere let's elevate him now and see what happens. Somethin probably happened though that hasn't come out.

Either way the program has been dipping on and off the field (recruiting) and it's funny how it all almost exactly aligns with this Mertz trainwreck. If I was the new HC I'd make a move from him today just to prove a new starting point.

Wisconsin definitely needed to get younger and hipper in a way, but the firing (now) is a bit of a shock. We know the back room stuff though - Leonard's agent could have told them he was finally gonna bounce this offseason, so Wisconsin bites and says you know what we're going nowhere let's elevate him now and see what happens. Somethin probably happened though that hasn't come out.

Either way the program has been dipping on and off the field (recruiting) and it's funny how it all almost exactly aligns with this Mertz trainwreck. If I was the new HC I'd make a move from him today just to prove a new starting point.
The D also doesn't have any guys off the edge from what I have seen... There is usually always a LB/EDGE that can get to the QB... Not seeing it which reflects a downturn in recruiting... Same can be said on O... Not a playmaker on the outside, but maybe Mertz being a zero is the reason.

Gonna rewatch games from this weekend while I work. Which are worth watching?

I already watched USC, TCU, UCLA, in full.

Doubt it’s Leonhard’s agent saying that he was going to leave from what my boy told me. People around the program are pretty surprised and Leonhard had a GREAT set up.

So I just realized that the Favre USM scandal stems from him promissing to fully fund the $4M project then trying to get out of spending any of his own money. I thought it was a situation where he was just fundraising illegally but didn't realize it was a donation he promised but never intended to actually be on the hook for.

And then he tried to get football facilities done the same way while all the heat from this was still building. What a POS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom