OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand any reason on settling for $8.5m less than you are OWED, especially after getting fired when you’ve been one of the more successful coaches there.

I do wonder if he’s going to coach again, I know his father passed away at a young age while coaching. Paralleled the Bob Stoops situation

I don’t understand any reason on settling for $8.5m less than you are OWED, especially after getting fired when you’ve been one of the more successful coaches there.

I do wonder if he’s going to coach again, I know his father passed away at a young age while coaching. Paralleled the Bob Stoops situation

Chryst is a Wisconsin guy through and through. He grew up in Wisconsin, his dad was an assistant coach at Wisconsin, He attended UW as well. Maybe he feels some type of loyalty. Also, who knows what type of handshake deal he has. Maybe they're sweetening the pot for him

Chryst is a Wisconsin guy through and through. He grew up in Wisconsin, his dad was an assistant coach at Wisconsin, He attended UW as well. Maybe he feels some type of loyalty. Also, who knows what type of handshake deal he has. Maybe they're sweetening the pot for him

Loyalty can never be a one way street. They treated dude like a 🤡 and fired him in the middle of the season like he was Scott Frost levels of bad. Hopefully there is more to the story but this looks awful.

Directly from my boy who played for him: “Paul doesn’t give a **** about money” :lol:

I was talking to dacomeup dacomeup about this. Wisconsin is a good job but a traditionally frugal program. Bielema left because they refused to pay his assistants and wouldn't fund the support staff he wanted. They build facilities but their fan base has been complaining for years about them refusing to "play the game" because they have their Barry Alvarez Wisconsin way of doing things.

Ironically, it was them aggressively pursuing Caleb Williams and hiring a new offensive staff including Bobby Engram as OC that signaled the new AD may be trying to change how things are done. It was also an early sign to people that he could be looking to make his own coaching hire. There were rumors going back to late last year as well that the parties may be looking to mutually part - with Chryst's name popping up for some of the openings and rumors of Leonhard looking around. Those were agents and school officials maneuvering.

Directly from my boy who played for him: “Paul doesn’t give a **** about money” :lol:

If that's da case he should donate the remainder of the buyout to da NT College Football Thread scholarship foundation.

Bomani with another terrible college football take.

Bomani would take the lowest rated passer in the conference who has more interceptions than TDs over the game manager and proven winner. Anthony Richardson is infinitely more talented and has much higher upside than Stetson Bennett but if we're trying to win college football games, I'm taking the game manager who can hit wide open receivers and make simple reads over the ultra talented guy with NFL upside.

The same way AJ McCarron's was a better college football player than Josh Allen, Stetson Bennett is a better college football player than Anthony Richardson.

Bomani with another terrible college football take.

Bomani would take the lowest rated passer in the conference who has more interceptions than TDs over the game manager and proven winner. Anthony Richardson is infinitely more talented and has much higher upside than Stetson Bennett but if we're trying to win college football games, I'm taking the game manager who can hit wide open receivers and make simple reads over the ultra talented guy with NFL upside.

The same way AJ McCarron's was a better college football player than Josh Allen, Stetson Bennett is a better college football player than Anthony Richardson.

College coaches get paid to win, not develop NFL ready QBs so yeah, to your point I agree. Stetson wins game and when you have a team that is talented like GA has been the last couple of years all he really has to do is not lose games for them.

College coaches get paid to win, not develop NFL ready QBs so yeah, to your point I agree. Stetson wins game and when you have a team that is talented like GA has been the last couple of years all he really has to do is not lose games for them.

The thing that makes Anthony Richardson so interesting as a prospect is that he makes so many eye popping, "wow" plays that show off his athleticism that people forget that he's completely missing on routine throws.

You don't need him to break multiple tackles and scramble for a first down if he can just hit a wide open receiver.

If you master the routine plays, you need the outstanding place a lot less often.

20221005_121944.jpg

Last edited:

The thing that makes Anthony Richardson so interesting as a prospect is that he makes so many eye popping, "wow" plays that show off his athleticism that people forget that he's completely missing on routine throws.

You don't need him to break multiple tackles and scramble for a first down if he can just hit a wide open receiver who's wide open.

20221005_121944.jpg

If you squint even a little bit, it almost looks like he's playing quarterback for Jimbo.

Contextually speaking, isn’t Napier’s offense not known for being QB friendly? Meanwhile Bennett is in a Monken offense that’s loaded with talent everywhere. Kirby clearly has decided that he prefers the floor raisers over the ceiling raisers, and it worked out for him last year but backfired in other years where UGA was loaded with talent.

Is this a hot take for me? After coaching, Barry Alvarez has done nothing but hold Wisconsin back by doing things “his way”
I think he's done amazing things for their athletic program in general but has held things back on the football side.

Last edited:
I think he's done amazing things for their athletic program on general but has held things back on the football side.
Hard for me to look at how consistently good they've largely been in both football and basketball and place any real blame anywhere.

Should Wisconsin, in theory, be any better than they really have been?

Just feels like a job that's probably got a ceiling and it feels like they've pretty consistently been close to it.

Hard for me to look at how consistently good they've largely been in both football and basketball and place any real blame anywhere.

Should Wisconsin, in theory, be any better than they really have been?

Just feels like a job that's probably got a ceiling and it feels like they've pretty consistently been close to it.

Wisconsin has a great varsity sports program in both women's and men's sports. Their basketball and football teams are good, their hockey team is great, their volleyball team is great. their soccer teams are very solid. You can't ask for more than what they're doing given the cold weather. Alvarez is a huge part of their success. I would stack up UW's sports programs against any in the country.

Wisconsin has a great varsity sports program in both women's and men's sports. Their basketball and football teams are good, their hockey team is great, their volleyball team is great. their soccer teams are very solid. You can't ask for more than what they're doing given the cold weather. Alvarez is a huge part of their success. I would stack up UW's sports programs against any in the country.

Yeah they are consistently good for sure. I always feel anytime there are bad things it’s attributed to doing things “his way” (spending money, recruiting, etc.). Then again this is an outsider perspective

Yeah they are consistently good for sure. I always feel anytime there are bad things it’s attributed to doing things “his way” (spending money, recruiting, etc.). Then again this is an outsider perspective

I agree with you. I think the "His Way" thing is really an excuse he's not like Tom Osborne ruining programs from the shadows.

Is this a hot take for me? After coaching, Barry Alvarez has done nothing but hold Wisconsin back by doing things “his way”

He mendeled with Andersen, but given how Andersen flamed out at both Oregon St, and Utah St, it was probably justified.

I don’t have any insider info but if I had to guess if he still had that level of influence Chryst wouldn’t have been fired. As nako xl nako xl pointed out, I think the AD is running the show there now.

CJ Strouds career rushing yard total is 36 yards

He has a career long rushing TD of 49 yards

The punter now has more rushing yards (22) on the season than Stroud ( 8 )

:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom