OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Californians are ready to fly out to Michigan and Ohio State in late November for a game?
nope.gif

When you've reached the "Hey, why go to Bama where you aren't good enough to play now?!?" stage of your tenure, you know times are tough.

Yeah that’s usually the card you pull out behind the scenes, not in front of cameras for all to see

Pac 12 issued a statement today, the gist of which was, “USC does not control its destiny. Oregon or Utah would have to lose a 2nd conference game.”
Lol These CLOWN 12 fools are desperate. The USC hate is ridiculous.

Pac 12 issued a statement today, the gist of which was, “USC does not control its destiny. Oregon or Utah would have to lose a 2nd conference game.”
What’s the current tie breaker/why does Oregon have to lose a second conference game?

If it’s true that Stoops wants out of UK, idk how you don’t make that move if your Iowa.

I wonder what kirks buyout is now, I think he just got a big extension a couple of years ago. It seems he will be mediocre for a few years, have a good 8-10 win season and get an extension, then suck before repeating the cycle

What’s the current tie breaker/why does Oregon have to lose a second conference game?

Pac 12 stopped the North vs South thing for the championship game. It's just the two best teams record wise.

Oregon and Utah will fix one thing and USC vs UCLA should fix the other thing.

The winners of those two games more than likely will play in the pac 12 championship.

Doesn't Oregon play Utah? So that will take care of itself, no?
Oregon's currently undefeated in conference. If Utah beats Oregon then they both win out, they rematch in the conference championship game. We need Wazzu and Oregon State to do the lord's work.

Tie breakers go in order: head 2 head (Utah would have beaten both teams so they get in) then common opponents, then would go to strength of schedule of uncommon opponents. ASU is 1-3 vs. Oregon's uncommon opponent Washington who is 3-2, so they would go to the championship game over USC.

Last edited:
If it’s true that Stoops wants out of UK, idk how you don’t make that move if your Iowa.
I wonder what kirks buyout is now, I think he just got a big extension a couple of years ago. It seems he will be mediocre for a few years, have a good 8-10 win season and get an extension, then suck before repeating the cycle
I saw on CBS that it's a fully guaranteed $42 million buyout through 2029. Base salary is $7M per year.

"If Iowa decides it’s had enough of its head man, it can fire him without cause. But if that’s what the university decides, it will owe Ferentz 100% of his remaining base and supplemental salary, and he’s under contract through 2029. So, if Iowa wants to move on after this season, it would need to pay him $42,000,000, paid out in monthly installments."

He's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom