OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised but not totally surprised Penix Jr. got the starting job at UWa
Huard and the other backups were terrible last year (Huard wasn't done any favors by that trash offensive scheme and play caller) and Penix is more of a playmaker and has experience in Deboer's offense from Indiana.

He was always gonna be the starter there.

Penix had a great year and then was very mediocre, I can’t remember if he got hurt or something

Welcome to the party

Whoever is running this generic *** program has to be making bank. There have been so many teams with the exact same “Player Statement” under a generic “Region-Specific NIL Club” name all off-season.

I’m really curious know what percent of the contributions actually end up in the pockets of the athletes.

Huard and the other backups were terrible last year (Huard wasn't done any favors by that trash offensive scheme and play caller) and Penix is more of a playmaker and has experience in Deboer's offense from Indiana.

He was always gonna be the starter there.
Wasn’t Huard supposed to be U-Dub’s savior?

Whoever is running this generic *** program has to be making bank. There have been so many teams with the exact same “Player Statement” under a generic “Region-Specific NIL Club” name all off-season.

I’m really curious know what percent of the contributions actually end up in the pockets of the athletes.
The percent thing was an issue with usc actually. We had a massive nil program but the fine print said you could only designate 50% of your donation to a specific sport and not to a specific athlete. The other 50% went to a general NIL fund that paid athletes in other sports and for NIL staff salaries and overhead.

Boosters revolted and started a separate collective and the USC fund/program immediately changed it where you can allocate 100% of donations to a specific sport or athlete.

The percent thing was an issue with usc actually. We had a massive nil program but the fine print said you could only designate 50% of your donation to a specific sport and not to a specific athlete. The other 50% went to a general NIL fund that paid athletes in other sports and for NIL staff salaries and overhead.

Boosters revolted and started a separate collective and the USC fund/program immediately changed it where you can allocate 100% of donations to a specific sport or athlete.
This group in particular with the new UCLA “collective” has a pretty clear copy/paste website where all of the money goes directly to the football team.

Looks like the group is called YOKE and takes an 18% cut of all proceeds.

AA7F70E7-7FA9-478D-B147-A2237068B207.png

394F3D4C-E602-4754-A1F1-998F5CFC5B0E.png

Looks like USC’s isn’t live yet based on the look of the page, but they have their own version coming soon.

F3D23AD6-FC25-4D7F-B16D-27C5816D4E90.png

Attachments

• F56A9E14-A2B0-4013-B21E-DF85E50173BE.png
    F56A9E14-A2B0-4013-B21E-DF85E50173BE.png
    352.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 807483D6-3E76-411D-A781-2A335C241A6C.png
    807483D6-3E76-411D-A781-2A335C241A6C.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 5
This group in particular with the new UCLA “collective” has a pretty clear copy/paste website where all of the money goes directly to the football team.

Looks like the group is called YOKE and takes an 18% cut of all proceeds.

AA7F70E7-7FA9-478D-B147-A2237068B207.png

394F3D4C-E602-4754-A1F1-998F5CFC5B0E.png

Looks like USC’s isn’t live yet based on the look of the page, but they have their own version coming soon.

F3D23AD6-FC25-4D7F-B16D-27C5816D4E90.png
Hmm. Los Angeles NIL club isn’t our big NIL program. We have two: “BLVD” and “Student Body Right.”

I’ve never heard of Los Angeles NIL club so it could be something a random collection of fans or boosters put together. It could also be a scam. Those all could be, as I’ve heard some of the SEC schools have already been hit by those.

I sure was about to buy tickets to Ohio State/Notre Dame to go with the homie that’s a ND fan. $450 for nosebleeds before all the extra fees :smh:

Michigan players just launched their YOKE website as well... Interesting to see if it will work

Hmm. Los Angeles NIL club isn’t our big NIL program. We have two: “BLVD” and “Student Body Right.”

I’ve never heard of Los Angeles NIL club so it could be something a random collection of fans or boosters put together. It could also be a scam. Those all could be, as I’ve heard some of the SEC schools have already been hit by those.
Exactly why I said “whoever is running this generic *** program has to be making bank”…this “NIL Club” isn’t anybody’s big or main NIL program.

It’s not even boosters or fans putting these together, it’s just some random company trying to get fans to donate at least $50k per month and taking 18% off the top.

Looks like Penix's biggest issue will be staying on the field, I'm looking forward to seeing him open the season as I haven't seen any highlights of his from Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom