OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, some of these games should've been eliminators. Michigan/OSU for starters...

If you're not your conference champion, you shouldn't be eligible in a 4 team playoff scenario.

Media bias has totally led to imbalance and schools feeling like they need to abandon shop and join mega conferences.

So… How bout them Wolverines??? Sainristil might have become my fave player in a while… Kid has some major stones… Edwards and JJ were nails today… I have no voice… pouring the hood stuff tonight… ✌️

Mikey is a legend, for sure. After the Illinois game, I half-joked that he should play both ways vs. Ohio State because you can count on him to make a play.

That pbu was the play of the game.

Imo, some of these games should've been eliminators. Michigan/OSU for starters...

If you're not your conference champion, you shouldn't be eligible in a 4 team playoff scenario.

Media bias has totally led to imbalance and schools feeling like they need to abandon shop and join mega conferences.

Agreed, but once it expands it won't matter.

However. If Purdue somehow won Michigan is still in. Same with LSU and Georgia.

So assuming that happened who would you have in your 4?

Doesn't work like that man.

Agreed, but once it expands it won't matter.

However. If Purdue somehow won Michigan is still in. Same with LSU and Georgia.

So assuming that happened who would you have in your 4?

Doesn't work like that man.
I should've been a little bit clearer, my bad.

Of course Michigan should still get in if they lose to Purdue... Likewise with Georgia if they lose to LSU.

But voters/media shouldn't be having conversations about Alabama and OSU getting in over usc and tcu if/when they win out. They (OSU and Alabama) didn't even make their conference championship games.

Maybe it won't matter after playoff expansion. But did we have to see the destruction of the big 12 and the PAC 12 in order to get to that?

Imo, we wouldn't have had to be where we are now, on the cusp of 2 mega conferences and then everybody else. We are here because, when Alabama loses a game they go from ranked #1 to #3 in the polls... if another non SEC/big 10 team loses they go from rank #2 to #9 and are out of playoff contention.

Nah man. No one can ever argue that.

USC and TCU win they are easily in.

If they lose I still think they get in still. USC for sure.

Ohio State might get in over TCU but who knows.

I don't see a 2 loss team ever getting in. Only exception would've been if LSU beat Georgia but them losing last night ruined it.

I should've been a little bit clearer, my bad.

Of course Michigan should still get in if they lose to Purdue... Likewise with Georgia if they lose to LSU.

But voters/media shouldn't be having conversations about Alabama and OSU getting in over usc and tcu if/when they win out. They (OSU and Alabama) didn't even make their conference championship games.

Maybe it won't matter after playoff expansion. But did we have to see the destruction of the big 12 and the PAC 12 in order to get to that?

Imo, we wouldn't have had to be where we are now, on the cusp of 2 mega conferences and then everybody else. We are here because, when Alabama loses a game they go from ranked #1 to #3 in the polls... if another non SEC/big 10 team loses they go from rank #2 to #9 and are out of playoff contention.

Literally nobody in the media is talking about OSU/Bama getting in if TCU/USC win out

So I see USC has moved up to #4 in the AP poll. Do we expect this to stick with the CFP ranking? Or does the not so unexpected happen and they get pushed to #5 later this week? I want USC in the CFP and they should be in with a win over Utah but I'm not getting my hopes too high and OSU could be rewarded for not playing in their conference championship.
Doesn’t matter.

0-0. Back to practice. Focus is Utah. No one should be talking Playoff.

giphy.gif

Literally nobody in the media is talking about OSU/Bama getting in if TCU/USC win out

I realize you have to report what folks say, but this is the media machine working for Ohio State and Alabama already.

Imo, if Oregon or Baylor were in the same position, ESPN wouldn't bother to run the same articles.

Nah man. No one can ever argue that.

USC and TCU win they are easily in.

If they lose I still think they get in still. USC for sure.

Ohio State might get in over TCU but who knows.

I don't see a 2 loss team ever getting in. Only exception would've been if LSU beat Georgia but them losing last night ruined it.
I hope so. But in the history of the cfp media/voters have had a strong SEC and a slight BIG 10 bias. That's for sure

I realize you have to report what folks say, but this is the media machine working for Ohio State and Alabama already.

Imo, if Oregon or Baylor were in the same position, ESPN wouldn't bother to run the same articles.

I mean yeah you’re talking about coaches and conference commissioners, they’d say 4 SEC and 4 B1G teams should be in. I don’t think anyone not affiliated with either program is saying they should be in

Bama has absolutely no reason to be in. They’ve beaten nobody of note. Their “good losses” got blown out by South Carolina and the other lost to A&M last night

OSU shouldn’t be in either unless TCU/USC lose. They’ve at least got wins over PSU and ND and their loss is to the (assuming) #2 team.

As an OSU fan I’d rather not see them in and get run off the field again

I mean yeah you’re talking about coaches and conference commissioners, they’d say 4 SEC and 4 B1G teams should be in. I don’t think anyone not affiliated with either program is saying they should be in

Bama has absolutely no reason to be in. They’ve beaten nobody of note. Their “good losses” got blown out by South Carolina and the other lost to A&M last night

OSU shouldn’t be in either unless TCU/USC lose. They’ve at least got wins over PSU and ND and their loss is to the (assuming) #2 team.

As an OSU fan I’d rather not see them in and get run off the field again
Seems like you're debating points that I already stated and agree with.

Otherwise the point I'm making is, if TCU and USC were in the exact positions that Alabama and Ohio State were in now, ESPN wouldn't have ran those articles to start.

In fact, I'm not just talking about this current situation. The systemic SEC/BIG 10 bias has led to a major imbalance.

It was an unintended consequence of the cfp selection process.

If certain protocols were in place preventing certain bias', and more than 1 team getting in from the same conference we wouldn't have Texas/a&m/Oklahoma and USC/UCLA jumping ship for "better" situations.

Imo

Bama gon **** around and really get in.

No. I believe The committee would put in a one loss Ohio State over a two loss Alabama.

I highly disagree. The goal of the committee is to select the four best teams, sometimes those teams aren't conference champions. Would you rather the committee choose a three loss conference champion over a one loss non-conference champion with a better resume?

In the last decade or so we've had three non-conference champions when the national title

2011 Alabama (in the BCS era)
2017 Alabama
2021 Georgia

Are you staying the committee made a wrong choice putting those teams in the playoff?

No. I believe The committee would put in a one loss Ohio State over a two loss Alabama.

I highly disagree. The goal of the committee is to select the four best teams, sometimes those teams aren't conference champions. Would you rather the committee choose a three loss conference champion over a one loss non-conference champion with a better resume?

In the last decade or so we've had three non-conference champions when the national title

2011 Alabama (in the BCS era)
2017 Alabama
2021 Georgia

Are you staying the committee made a wrong choice putting those teams in the playoff?
First off, don't add 2011 Alabama to your short list to bolster your point. The bcs era isn't the topic of conversation and the cfp replaced the bcs due to issues like that...

And that's why the playoff will be expanded again.

Secondly under no circumstances am I saying that a 3 loss conference champion over a better team just because they won the conference.

Don't be silly.

What I am saying is if LSU beats Georgia, yes Georgia should still be in and heaven's no, not LSU.

But if USC and/or TCU loses, that's doesn't mean that Alabama, who is currently ranked 6th should leapfrog both teams.

Ohio State, ok... Cool. But not Alabama.

Last edited:
The SEC bias is real but also valid. Y'all act like the conference hasn't dominant in the Playoff as well as the BCS era. If other conferences would show up then their wouldn't be nearly as much bias, bottom line.

Screenshot_20221127_155436_Chrome.jpg

Seems like you're debating points that I already stated and agree with.

Otherwise the point I'm making is, if TCU and USC were in the exact positions that Alabama and Ohio State were in now, ESPN wouldn't have ran those articles to start.

In fact, I'm not just talking about this current situation. The systemic SEC/BIG 10 bias has led to a major imbalance.

It was an unintended consequence of the cfp selection process.

If certain protocols were in place preventing certain bias', and more than 1 team getting in from the same conference we wouldn't have Texas/a&m/Oklahoma and USC/UCLA jumping ship for "better" situations.

Imo

Why would the PAC, whose gone like 5-6 years without a playoff team, get any benefit?

Why would the B12, who hasn’t won a playoff game in 4 appearances, get any benefit?

It’s not the playoffs fault Larry Scott ran the P12 into the ground. It’s not the playoffs fault Texas/Oklahoma left the B12. It’s not the playoffs fault the ACC has been down recently besides Clemson. How could leaving the B12 for the SEC benefit Texas/Oklahoma in getting in the playoff? Oklahoma coasted through the B12 for years and now the SEC will be easier? Come on now, it’s all about money

I understand them (SEC) getting teams in the playoff if they’ve earned it but as I’ve said before I don’t like how their losses in the regular season are treated better than wins in other conferences

Last edited:
There is no way either of you are dense enough to believe Ohio state will be in if TCU and USC both win out

Tell me y’all ain’t serious.

And where do these percentages even come from? :lol:
You said no one is talking about Bama and Ohio State getting in regardless of the championship game outcomes. I showed you the largest sports media company is talking about it. I’m not telling you I agree or care, because espn says a lot of biased and uninformed things (and I’ve heard you parrot their talking points more than once which makes your stance now all the more funny) but yes people are talking about it.

But idk I’m dense so I’m probably not reading it right.

You said no one is talking about Bama and Ohio State getting in regardless of the championship game outcomes. I showed you the largest sports media company is talking about it. I’m not telling you I agree or care, because espn says a lot of biased and uninformed things (and I’ve heard you parrot their talking points more than once which makes your stance now all the more funny) but yes people are talking about it.

But idk I’m dense so I’m probably not reading it right.

Tell me where the percentages come from then that’s what I wanna know.

I’ve said all along all of their rankings are to get people talking and tuned in on a Tuesday night and it still is. The only one that matters is next Sunday after the conference title games

#NeverWrongNako

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom