OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Was this written by Mario's PR team?
1671318710944.png

I mean… 🤔 Recruiting like this off a 5 win season.

But what will recruiting look like off back to back 5 win seasons?
Since Miami hadn’t won 5 games before last year since 2007, let’s just say I’m not worried about that as a possibility. I know you’re trolling but Mario was still giving you nightmares from beating SC and taking all your recruits, so let’s not act like you weren’t excited to get him out of the PAC 12 :lol: — we have a text chain you know

Will wait until signing day before giving credence to these rankings.

News flash — signing day is 4 days away and the class is only adding more recruits :lol:.

I think he means he'll wait to assess disrecruiting class based on how they perform on the field. Mario crystal ball is not particularly known for developing players. Heck of a recruiter though.

For all we know, Miami could become like Texas and Texas A&M were they stack top five classes yet never accomplish anything on the field.

I think he means he'll wait to assess disrecruiting class based on how they perform on the field. Mario crystal ball is not particularly known for developing players. Heck of a recruiter though.

For all we know, Miami could become like Texas and Texas A&M were they stack top five classes yet never accomplish anything on the field.
That’s literally not what he said :lol:. He said he’ll wait until NSD. Mario has had first rounders in each of the last 3 drafts. I wasn’t even trying to talk about this I was just excited about an elite recruiting class after an awful year: Georgia was literally known for stacking recruiting classes and never winning the big game prior to last season, so that’s RICH coming from you.

I know you have to pivot to trolling now because you were wrong but it’s ok :lol:
How many times have you said Miami is Byke? You were wrong about that as you were also wrong when you said they were losing no more than 3 games this year. I stand by what I said as I don't think that recruiting ranking holds. Miami is a dumpster fire and it shows when you're hyped about mythical recruiting rankings that don't matter. When Miami isn't getting dudes hemmed up for Pell grant fraud what have they accomplished recently? Besides, when has recruiting ever been a significant Miami problem once Larry Coker got fired?

Aye I feel you. Hopefully the pain keeps coming and we take Shemar from you in a few weeks
Surprisingly the 17 5* DL we took last year seem to be the most committed to the program outside of Weigman and Evan Stewart. Figured a couple would have bounced already (still pending Lucas potentially being dismissed by the school).

Still gotta get through winter without a bowl game and spring practices. Gonna be a long offseason.

When did the win 7 games?? They have to be devolved. 8-4 with Freshman and Sophmores. The problem Texas don't keep their coaches long enough. 3 years is not enough. I agree with you about Murphy. I have a feeling he will have something to say about the QB competition

Yea, 8 games, not 7 but that’s still underachieving for Texas. Totally agreed about not giving the coaches enough time but the boosters want more. It just doesn’t make sense given the level of talent they bring in…

Yea, 8 games, not 7 but that’s still underachieving for Texas. Totally agreed about not giving the coaches enough time but the boosters want more. It just doesn’t make sense given the level of talent they bring in…
Red is getting old man, he doesn’t have time to **** around with coaches that don’t provide an IMMEDIATE impact anymore. He’s Jerry on steroids.

It’s kinda crazy (at least in my mind) that Red McCombs (UT) and Lowry Mays (A&M) cofounded a huge communications company. Red went on to become one of the biggest donors to UT athletics. Mays really didn’t give a **** about A&M athletics. Both have highly ranked business schools named after them.

And on a side note, A&M fumbled T. Boone Pickens. Had him on scholarship on the basketball team but wouldn’t play him. He peaced out after one year. Side note to the side note: one of my first apartments in Dallas my buddy and I met T. Boone’s grandson in the apartment across the hall. My buddy did coke with him in the bathroom before we went out for the night. We found out a year later the same kid died from a heroin overdose.

Last edited:
They have haven't been developing players in the past. Sark has put together a nice staff. 8 wins is not our standard. But in year one we lost so many players. We started 2 walk ons last year on defense. I feel like this staff and the players we got and recruiting we will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom