OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be tough with a new Big Ten. UCLA and USC will knock Nebraska down even further in the conference parking order. Could I see them becoming a more competent team going forward? Sure but I wouldn't have been on it.

If I'm Dylan, I definitely go to Ohio State. You play for a coach with a proven track record of putting players in the league, the best receivers in the nation and you might actually have a chance to win at the highest level.
The conference will be reconfigured so they’ll play SC and UCLA regularly, but also will take away them playing a team from out East.

If every top ranked kid just picked the blue bloods, then that’d be boring. Dope to see a highly ranked kid Buck the trend. Especially when the two best QBs in the NFL went to Texas Tech and Wyoming. There’s actually little correlation between high level NFL success and going to a school like OSU for QBs, so meh.

47 FBS teams won 8 or more games. An even smaller number of these teams were P5 schools. 8 wins for most teams is a good season.

Well obviously they all can't win every game. 8-4 solid to average programs.

Good point about Mahomes and Allen tho. Very true.

The goal is to maximize on your name and get to the next level. Doesn't matter where you go to school. I'm just saying from Dylan's perspective it seems like a dumb move but I understand.

That's very average. If your goal is to finish in the top 20 or worse then good for you.

66% is beyond average.
8-4 with a Top 25 finish being average :lol:. I don’t think you understand the broader CFB landscape outside of the bigger programs. Most programs would kill for consistent 8 wins.

I agree... I think Rhule is good enough to get them back to a contender in the conference... They were just a horribly coached team under Frost... They always seemed to find a way blow it in the end... I think Rhule is 10x the head coach Frost is

I’m willing to bet a lot of money that Nebraska is not going to be a contender in the next 3 years. If contender means the 5th or 6th best team in the conference then sure. Even some of the historical doormats and average teams in the B1G are getting better.

The conference will be reconfigured so they’ll play SC and UCLA regularly, but also will take away them playing a team from out East.

If every top ranked kid just picked the blue bloods, then that’d be boring. Dope to see a highly ranked kid Buck the trend. Especially when the two best QBs in the NFL went to Texas Tech and Wyoming. There’s actually little correlation between high level NFL success and going to a school like OSU for QBs, so meh.

There is no piece of data showing correlation between going to certain schools/conferences, or playing a certain schemes or playing for any specific coach and NFL success.

Look at the top QBs in the NFL, it's a scrap shoot a different schools, conferences and schemes.

I think QB more than any other position is based on the individual prospect and their development. This is why I always use the metric of being drafted highly. Once you in the NFL, it's completely on you and the situation you're in.

Ohio State would put Dylan in a much better position to be drafted highly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom