OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

I always thought that four teams was the perfect number, just enough to have all of the true title contenders playing but few enough for the regular season to still matter.

Even with a 4 playoff, we have a ton of semi-final blowouts. Now we're just going to have two additional rounds of blowouts

I think that college football is playing a dangerous game here. Not trying to sound like a boomer but college football is losing what makes it special. College football seems to be trying to replicate what the NFL. The issue here is that if college football just becomes NFL lite (players signing contracts, 12 team playoff, etc) why would fans watch college football when they can just watch the NFL at that point?

Can’t wait to see 3 loss teams competing for a title :smh:

💯💯💯

The beauty of college football is that regular season games matter. Look back to some of the biggest regular season games ever: The kick 6, Alabama versus Auburn in 2013 would have been rendered meaningless because both teams would have made the playoffs.

Michigan versus Ohio State last year would have been meaningless because both teams would make the playoffs.

This is just a way to get more of the Super Conference Teams in the playoffs to make more money. They should call the playoffs the SEC/B1G Invitational and call it a day.
Soon we'll just have the CFB Super League with 12 of the most popular/revenue-generating teams competing amongst themselves for the title :pimp: Can't wait for the new Big 12 featuring USC, Texas, Notre Dame and Clemson losing to the same 4 teams from the old SEC every year.

Nobody should be complaining about 12 teams, 10 teams, 18 teams, 64 teams, stop it.

It's more than 4.

More playoff games, more fun, more trash talking. Y'all stalk 17 year old boys for a living, enjoy the hell out of a couple extra playoff games. See? It's fun. :lol:

Soon we'll just have the CFB Super League with 12 of the most popular/revenue-generating teams competing amongst themselves for the title :pimp: Can't wait for the new Big 12 featuring USC, Texas, Notre Dame and Clemson losing to the same 4 teams from the old SEC every year.
That's what I want to see.

Nobody should be complaining about 12 teams, 10 teams, 18 teams, 64 teams, stop it.

It's more than 4.

More playoff games, more fun, more trash talking. Y'all stalk 17 year old boys for a living, enjoy the hell out of a couple extra playoff games. See? It's fun. :lol:

I mean if I wanted to watch a meaningless season I’d invest my time in pro sports. Teams can legit have a losing record and make the playoffs, #trash

It's more than 4.

🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣

This opens the door for more parity. NIL, more teams in meaningful late-season games, etc.

Over time it’ll spread talent out more.

Dudes gonna sit here and say they won’t be interested in a potential playoff that has Bama, Georgia, A&M, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Clemson, Miami + whoever wins the two/three misfit conferences.

Stop it.

This is just a way to get more of the Super Conference Teams in the playoffs to make more money. They should call the playoffs the SEC/B1G Invitational and call it a day.

The sad thing is you’ll have a 9-3 Arkansas make it after getting their doors blown off by Bama, A&M, and LSU for “good losses” meanwhile beating 2 FCS teams and bottom feeder SEC teams :lol:

“The regular season means something!” is a stupid barometer to set IMO when the expectation for all but like 2 teams every single year is you have to be perfect or you’re playing for nothing.

Yea having the first round played on campuses has potential, those game atmospheres are gonna be ELECTRIC

Also sets up potential match-ups with SEC squads going up North in winter :pimp:

im intrigued by this, can't lie. good call outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom