OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 teams with losing records have made the NFL playoffs.

This has had a devastating effect on the popularity of the NFL playoffs.

Did I say the NFL? Or did I say pro sports?

Reading is fundamental
Reading is fundamental
Reading is fundamental

It is? The NFL is a pro sport? Damn learned something new

Crazy. I don’t recall saying that it hurt the popularity of the sport. I recall him talking about college football and me saying how I find pro sports regular seasons almost boring due to the fact there’s so many games (NBA/MLB) and you can make the playoffs (all pro sports) with a losing record. But keep going on explaining whatever point you’re trying to make

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne have you heard if Cade or JJ is gonna start this year? i assume we'll see both from time to time but last i read and heard, sounded like Harbaugh hasn't committed to a starter yet. i wonder if the loser of that decision sticks around

Them joining was never going to be because of access to the playoffs.

It’s only going to happen when the gap between what they are getting $$$ as a Indy and what they could get as a B1G gets too big.

What is the gap now? B1G teams will get $100MM each when it’s all said and done after bowl game revenue. I think ND is gonna get $70MM all in or something? My numbers are probably off but if the gap is $25MM-$30MM, surely that’s meaningful.

What is the gap now? B1G teams will get $100MM each when it’s all said and done after bowl game revenue. I think ND is gonna get $70MM all in or something? My numbers are probably off but if the gap is $25MM-$30MM, surely that’s meaningful.

I think those numbers are either close to or about right.

It’s meaningful but in their calculations they still think they can compete, and accomplish their goal of being a “national” program.

I think they’ll join but it’s going to be at the behest of the tv networks rather than something they want themselves.

I’m curious how it’ll work if the 4 highest ranked conference champs get a bye where that would put ND.

Let’s say the conference winners are:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Michigan
4. Clemson

But an undefeated Notre Dame finishes ranked 3rd. Do they still get that first round bye?

I’m curious how it’ll work if the 4 highest ranked conference champs get a bye where that would put ND.

Let’s say the conference winners are:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Michigan
4. Clemson

But an undefeated Notre Dame finishes ranked 3rd. Do they still get that first round bye?

Some on that side seem completely cool with it though. Guaranteed playoff spot without a conference title game and hosting a playoff game in South Bend

Some on that side seem completely cool with it though. Guaranteed playoff spot without a conference title game and hosting a playoff game in South Bend

That’s not a bad deal after all with the revenue from the home game and they’ll be playing one fewer game than conference winners/losers by not having a CCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom