OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the chief of staff at Miami. Call what you want he coulda stayed there for money.

But again this is why Deion left and why in the future dudes will be hesitant to take these jobs. The program is already janky. The corruption is rampant and if you don't do everything that everybody wants you to do they'll rip you for it.
He wasn’t the chief of staff anymore.

HBCUs don’t need these dudes to take the jobs though. That’s the entire point. Deion NEVER was planning to stay at JSU, regardless of what he said publicly. There’s plenty of SWAC/MEAC lifers who are good coaches. These former players/coaches are taking these jobs because it allows them to skip the process of cutting their teeth and coming up at the other levels, going straight to running their own programs.

Ed:

BareWarmBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

tight-as.gif

He wasn’t the chief of staff anymore.

HBCUs don’t need these dudes to take the jobs though. That’s the entire point. Deion NEVER was planning to stay at JSU, regardless of what he said publicly. There’s plenty of SWAC/MEAC lifers who are good coaches. These former players/coaches are taking these jobs because it allows them to skip the process of cutting their teeth and coming up at the other levels, going straight to running their own programs.

So they taking pay cuts to skip the line?

Hearing Tee Martins name thrown around a little to come to Michigan to be QB coach/ Co-OC… Hard to see him coming down from the NFL but would love to have him on the recruiting trail

Do these big name people REALLY care about HBCUs or is it just a jump start for their career? Miss me with the “Deion bought the kids suits!” Line, that dudes already a millionaire of course he’s going to make his kids look good.

Bethune and Ed were probably both in the wrong but Ed came across as a straight clown after all of this. It’ll be a lot harder for him to get a job than it will for Bethune to get a coach

So they taking pay cuts to skip the line?

Is it really a pay cut?

Go to a HBCU for 2 years and immediately to a P5 school

Go to a G5 school and coach against much harder competition and potentially be stuck there for several years

Let’s not act like these dudes are average Joe Blows and need the paycheck anyway

Everything can be true.

Ed Reed went about it in the wrong way.
Ed Reed wasn’t necessarily wrong.
HBCUs are severely underfunded.
HBCUs has a larger issue with misappropriated funds and campus revitalization relative to PWIs due to being underfunded, understaffed and overworked.

Is it really a pay cut?

Go to a HBCU for 2 years and immediately to a P5 school

Go to a G5 school and coach against much harder competition and potentially be stuck there for several years

Let’s not act like these dudes are average Joe Blows and need the paycheck anyway

Let's not act like there is some pipeline from HBCU to P5. Isn't Deion the first HBCU head coach in history to land a P5 head coaching job?

Uh, yea :lol:. With the hopes of cashing in shortly afterwards. Absolutely. They’re not broke career coaches who had to grind their way up. These are rich HoF guys who’ve made a ton of money.

Bruh these dudes ain't about to lose money on a gamble of possibility of "cashing" in years later. How many HBCU coaches have "cashed in"?

Deion BEEN mentoring and a father figure to college players and NFL players since he retired. That's what he does. Same with Ed. You can't tell me these dudes are just money hungry.

Do these big name people REALLY care about HBCUs or is it just a jump start for their career? Miss me with the “Deion bought the kids suits!” Line, that dudes already a millionaire of course he’s going to make his kids look good.

He did a helluva lot more than that but keep pocket watching. Like I said this type of **** is exactly why you probably won't see dudes in the future try to help these schools.

"Of course he did that, he rich"

That sound crazy. Somebody that's in position to help is doing the work and people on the sideline still wanna find a way to hate. :smh: :lol:

He did a helluva lot more than that but keep pocket watching. Like I said this type of **** is exactly why you probably won't see dudes in the future try to help these schools.

"Of course he did that, he rich"

That sound crazy. Somebody that's in position to help is doing the work and people on the sideline still wanna find a way to hate. :smh: :lol:

Why isn’t he still there then?

Man’s just said he read the Ed Reed stuff and is now an expert :rofl:

Nobody hating on Deion because we’d all take the next job, but you sitting there praising him like he did something to change HBCUs is hilarious

Lincoln definitely Conservative if we’re using (over) cooked/dry meat as a barometer lol. BBQ sauce sauce ain’t saving those disasters lol. Not sure if they know what seasoning is either. Them sh*ts look dry and tasteless lol

Last edited:
Why isn’t he still there then?

Man’s just said he read the Ed Reed stuff and is now an expert :rofl:

Nobody hating on Deion because we’d all take the next job, but you sitting there praising him like he did something to change HBCUs is hilarious

What? Man you not making sense. He ain't there because that's what coaches do, move on to other jobs.

Bruh these dudes ain't about to lose money on a gamble of possibility of "cashing" in years later. How many HBCU coaches have "cashed in"?

Deion BEEN mentoring and a father figure to college players and NFL players since he retired. That's what he does. Same with Ed. You can't tell me these dudes are just money hungry.
I don’t even know what you’re saying or asking at this point. How are they losing money? They don’t have more lucrative coaching options at this point. They obviously want to make it to coaching a P5 program, as evidenced by Deion

I don’t even know what you’re saying or asking at this point. How are they losing money? They don’t have more lucrative coaching options at this point. They obviously want to make it to coaching a P5 program, as evidenced by Deion

Deion is the only one to do it is my point :lol: :smh:

So giving somebody their credit = putting then on a pedestal to you?

Again this is hater talk.

You’ve made like 6 posts with multiple paragraphs my man and acting like he did HBCUs a favor. And if someone questions it that means we are haters :lol:

So what point are you trying to make?

I’ll ask again, what did Deion do that he needs credit for that any other coach hasn’t done? Aside from buying suits

This is like arguing with a 4 year old

I’ll ask again, what did Deion do that he needs credit for that any other coach hasn’t done? Aside from buying suits

This is like arguing with a 4 year old

If you need to ask that you really don't know what you talking about. I hope you trollin.

This is like arguing with a bitter female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom