OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deion is saying the quiet part out loud, bet there’s a ton of coaches who feel the same way

With this mindset, Coach Prime would miss out on a lot of elite prospects like CJ Stroud and Lamar Jackson. This is Jason Whitlock, Bill Cosby level respectability politics BS. I expect better from Coach Prime.

A big part of the job is knowing something, and knowing when not to say it out loud. The vast majority of college football coaches are Trump supporters but they're smart enough to never bring it up in public.

I hate to be that guy but if a white coach It said this, they would be catching all kinds of heat for being racist. Coach Prime is parroting the PhD (poor, hungry, and desperate) line of thinking that got that NFL scout fired a couple seasons ago.

20230218_230515.jpg

It's stuff like this that makes me think that Dion Sanders is either going to be a huge success or crash and burn quickly. You don't have to speak every time a microphone is in your face and you don't have say every idea that comes to mind.

Last edited:
You know what, I’m gone double down on what Deion said.

Because it happens DAILY. I remember I had a job interview in Atlanta in 2014. Lady straight up said they’re going to offer me position, but I had to shave and cut my long hair. I thought about it, and said no thanks. Deion is just expressing what really goes on.

If a dudes named Thomas Klein or Marquan Williams submitted the same job application at the same company, who’s application will be pushed to the top? Who’s more likely to get treated with more prejudice during an interview? It DEFINITELY happens and has happened throughout US history.

I had to sleep on it and really read into what Deion said. I’m black and so many employers have tried to make me change my appearance just to work for them. It’s always been hell nall for me…

It’s basically the same thing Deion is implying

You know what, I’m gone double down on what Deion said.

Because it happens DAILY. I remember I had a job interview in Atlanta in 2014. Lady straight up said they’re going to offer me position, but I had to shave and cut my long hair. I thought about it, and said no thanks. Deion is just expressing what really goes on.

If a dudes named Thomas Klein or Marquan Williams submitted the same job application at the same company, who’s application will be pushed to the top? Who’s more likely to get treated with more prejudice during an interview? It DEFINITELY happens and has happened throughout US history.

I had to sleep on it and really read into what Deion said. I’m black and so many employers have tried to make me change my appearance just to work for them. It’s always been hell nall for me…

It’s basically the same thing Deion is implying
Nah, this ain’t it. This isn’t corporate America and Deion is supposed to be building up young men, which Is the opposite of what this is. Also talking about the kid’s home lives and the types of background he seeks kids from is completely out of line and playing on all types of dangerous stereotypes

Nah, this ain’t it. This isn’t corporate America and Deion is supposed to be building up young men, which Is the opposite of what this is. Also talking about the kid’s home lives and the types of background he seeks kids from is completely out of line and playing on all types of dangerous stereotypes

Jobs and COLLEGES stereotype people based on backgrounds be upbringing, it’s definitely true. If you think otherwise, that’s on you.

Jobs and COLLEGES stereotype people based on backgrounds be upbringing, it’s definitely true. If you think otherwise, that’s on you.
So you’re saying that Deion is justified in announcing that he recruits based on harmful stereotypes because jobs and colleges do? I mean if you think that’s a compelling argument then more power to you. :lol: Who needs Black coaches at that point though if that’s the bar we’re going to set for them to live up to. Die on that hill for Deion, bruh :lol:

So you’re saying that Deion is justified in announcing that he recruits based on harmful stereotypes because jobs and colleges do? I mean if you think that’s a compelling argument then more power to you. :lol: Who needs Black coaches at that point though if that’s the bar we’re going to set for them to live up to. Die on that hill for Deion, bruh :lol:

Definitely not. Again. I’m from the same area as Deion, well, a couple hours away. But he’s just open enough to admit what goes on.

If you don’t think a guy like Greg Paulus’ upbringing/family contributed to him going to Duke and Syracuse eventually played a factor, sadly mistaken.

These colleges and coaches definitely stereotype parents.

Why they HECK would the NFL ask a guy like Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute?

These recruiters definitely use your family as a measuring stick...

Watch “Blue Chips” watch the “Program” both those moves gave insight to how these people recruit…. None of these are secrets

Definitely not. Again. I’m from the same area as Deion, well, a couple hours away. But he’s just open enough to admit what goes on.

If you don’t think a guy like Greg Paulus’ upbringing/family contributed to him going to Duke and Syracuse eventually played a factor, sadly mistaken.

These colleges and coaches definitely stereotype parents.

Why they HECK would the NFL ask a guy like Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute?

These recruiters definitely use your family as a measuring stick...

Watch “Blue Chips” watch the “Program” both those moves gave insight to how these people recruit…. None of these are secrets
You just said a bunch of nothing that has nothing to do with what I even asked or addressed. You can die on this hill defending Deion because y’all both grew up in South Florida :lol:

They had no clue when they hired him he’d be holding up the department like a golden goose but that’s where THEY are, Kill is a guy everyone wants to play for.

I’ll never forget that man coming out of the half eating ice cream in a snow storm while Minnesota was giving Ohio State all they could handle :lol:

icecream.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom