OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me doesn’t want Apple TV’s programming to include sports but I would be happy with this deal.

Part of me doesn’t want Apple TV’s programming to include sports but I would be happy with this deal.

Casual fans aren’t streaming PAC-12 games on Apple TV. If they go with a majority streaming deal they’re basically irrelevant at that point.

Visibility still matters.

Casual fans aren’t streaming PAC-12 games on Apple TV. If they go with a majority streaming deal they’re basically irrelevant at that point.

Visibility still matters.
Larry Scott's vision (lol)/plan from the start was for them to be on a streaming platform that the PAC owned full rights and royalties to. It's why they originally had their headquarters in San Francisco. They were convinced digital streaming was the future and traditional live TV would become archaic.

They're not entirely wrong... but people aren't going to Apple TV and Amazon for sports. This is evidenced by the fact even the NFL is struggling to do numbers on Amazon which has a larger subscriber base than Apple TV does. I think Apple TV accounts for 7% of streaming subscribers while Amazon Prime is at 19%.

Still... at least it's better than pac 12 network which you couldn't get even if you wanted to.

Larry Scott's vision (lol)/plan from the start was for them to be on a streaming platform that the PAC owned full rights and royalties to. It's why they originally had their headquarters in San Francisco. They were convinced digital streaming was the future and traditional live TV would become archaic.

They're not entirely wrong... but people aren't going to Apple TV and Amazon for sports. This is evidenced by the fact even the NFL is struggling to do numbers on Amazon which has a larger subscriber base than Apple TV does. I think Apple TV accounts for 7% of streaming subscribers while Amazon Prime is at 19%.

Still... at least it's better than pac 12 network which you couldn't get even if you wanted to.

I forgot about how Larry got **** from everyone for that expensive SF office. :lol:

Question is, what amount do the remaining schools need to stay put? If the Big 12 schools are getting $36MM/year, do the PAC-12 schools stick together if the payout ends up being $25MM/year? At $25MM/year and having most of if not all of my games streamed (depending on the final deal), I’m jumping ship bruh.

I forgot about how Larry got **** from everyone for that expensive SF office. :lol:

Question is, what amount do the remaining schools need to stay put? If the Big 12 schools are getting $36MM/year, do the PAC-12 schools stick together if the payout ends up being $25MM/year? At $25MM/year and having most of if not all of my games streamed (depending on the final deal), I’m jumping ship bruh.
Pac 12 was going to get $50M/year WITH SC and UCLA. Kliavkoff was delusional and convinced that number would only dip to $45M/per even without the two LA schools. Allegedly (according to him leaking) they were talking to Amazon and ESPN about a number in the high $30Ms-$40Ms. Then the Big 12 took less and set the market at that lower number which ****** the Pac. The Pac 12 at best is going to get the same the B1G got which the remaining schools could live with unhappily. At this point Kliavkoff is probably going to have to get them the best financial deal he can, sacrificing the exposure aspect, and then resign.

I’m sorry but the Matt Rhule D riding is so irritating.

Cooper Petagna and Andrew Ivins said “he’s been to the top of the highest mountain in the NFL” and compared his player evaluations and development at Temple and Baylor to what Alabama and Georgia do. Ivins said outside of UGA and Bama he’s the only guy roster Building like the NFL teams do.

sub-buzz-17326-1561045722-8.jpg

Cooper Petagna and Andrew Ivins said “he’s been to the top of the highest mountain in the NFL” and compared his player evaluations and development at Temple and Baylor to what Alabama and Georgia do. Ivins said outside of UGA and Bama he’s the only guy roster Building like the NFL teams do.

Do these national guys really think 2023 Mehbraska is anything more special than what Rhule had at Baylor?

And we’ve seen Rhule “roster build like the NFL” and I don’t think I can say it went well…

I'm a Rhule guy.

But putting him in Saban/Kirby territory as a roster builder is... um... dumb.
Huge Rhule guy here. He’s been amazing with giving Texas HS coaches a launching pad. Really hoping Coach Wager is the next to take the leap from Rhule’s tree.

Like I said, these cats have 1-2 good years at bad/mid schools and everyone wants to crown em immediately

“BUT BUT he won 7 games at ______!”

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 rumor that Ohio State is going to be USC’s protected rival and that’s why they canceled UW.

Mich, PSU, and SC, that’s a scary sight.

And Michigan gets UCLA I’m assuming?

OSU, MSU, UCLA is fine but I don’t see the benefit from OSU’s side of playing SC every year when they already play PSU and Michigan.

I’m still on the pro division side.

That’s pretty rough. Some of the better teams are going to get an easy pass with these protected rivalries while others will be shafted

And Michigan gets UCLA I’m assuming?

OSU, MSU, UCLA is fine but I don’t see the benefit from OSU’s side of playing SC every year when they already play PSU and Michigan.

I’m still on the pro division side.
Recruiting LA

SC would be facing something like UCLA, tO$U, Wisconsin every year. That’s on top of Notre Dame.

I wonder if we’d try to keep the Stanford game too… tupac003 tupac003 casper90403 casper90403

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom