OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ACC grant of rights doe
Questions on whether it’s even enforceable. I’m sure there are a lot of people smarter than me focused on this, but yea it’s ultimately not going to keep the conference together

So why exactly does FSU think they should be paid more than the other schools? Based off of what?

I’m wondering if they do eventually leave the ACC who will take them between the B1G and SEC. There was previous animosity between the SEC and FSU when FSU turned down joining the SEC. That was like 30 years ago and nothing forgives better than time and money. As for the B1G will they overlook the non AAU status?

So why exactly does FSU think they should be paid more than the other schools? Based off of what?

I’m wondering if they do eventually leave the ACC who will take them between the B1G and SEC. There was previous animosity between the SEC and FSU when FSU turned down joining the SEC. That was like 30 years ago and nothing forgives better than time and money. As for the B1G will they overlook the non AAU status?
From an academic standpoint…I think that answer is pretty obvious.

If (or when) the ACC blows up the B1G will take UNC to get access to the Charlotte market which is one of the fastest growing metros in the US. I still think the B1G should grab a school in Florida. FSU isn’t AAU but it’s still a very solid school and not the FSU from the 80’s/90’s

Georgia Tech, Duke, UNC, Washington, and Oregon all make sense from the B1G’s research over athletics perspective. Oregon might be the one from that group to get left in the dust from an overall academics perspective if the ACC blows up.

Georgia Tech, Duke, UNC, Washington, and Oregon all make sense from the B1G’s research over athletics perspective. Oregon might be the one from that group to get left in the dust from an overall academics perspective if the ACC blows up.

Yeah Oregon has the lowest research spending in the PAC-12.

1677480651359.png

The amount of eyeballs they draw. FSU accounts for roughly 15% /3.17M (70% higher than the ACC average) of ACC football viewership and Clemson 10% (I read that percentage somewhere, so I don’t know if that math works out in the Tweet below) . So between the 2, they make up a quarter of what the conference draws. The period accounted for was from ‘14 to current, which a vast majority of the time, FSU was trash. And football supposedly accounts for 80% and 20% basketball when the networks make their decisions. Clemson also sounds like they’re asking for a big piece of the pie, too.

I know FSU striving for AAU status, and currently, they’re #19 in U.S. News & World Report public university rankings. Certainly better than what they used to be. And if we’re strictly going of the U.S. News & World Report’s list, 5 B1G schools public schools are ahead of them (Michigan #4, Wisky #10, Illinois #13, tOSU #16, and Purdue)

The B1G doesn’t want Oregon.

It’s always been ND, UNC (for sort of Charlotte), Miami, and less likely Stanford and TCU for academic prestig/SF and (sort of) Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom