OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see this coming.
rogers.png
Sucks. Hope it doesn’t lead to Dalton Brooks leaving too. With Jayvon Thomas and Toviano visiting LSU a couple weekends ago, Rushing is gonna have his plate full closing out the class.

Luckily don’t need a ton of guys in the defensive backfield after last year’s haul, but obviously have to stack talent.

Glad to see B1G makin big TV moves - RIP to their coverage on anything ESPN though :lol:

Sucks. Hope it doesn’t lead to Dalton Brooks leaving too. With Jayvon Thomas and Toviano visiting LSU a couple weekends ago, Rushing is gonna have his plate full closing out the class.

Luckily don’t need a ton of guys in the defensive backfield after last year’s haul, but obviously have to stack talent.
Word is from a Aggie rumor is Thomas and Brooks maybe next to decommit. Not try to stir the pot

There’s been some talk that Michigan boosters are starting to feel the same way.

Yeah this has been coming for a while. Last week an insider involved basically said the school is asking them to not and he was like “yeah, there’s nothing they can do to stop it.”

Wait, N41D N41D y’all are expecting Max Johnson to be good?
He threw for almost 3000 yards on a 26/7 TD-INT ratio in a train wreck year at LSU behind a bad offensive line with that coaching situation and guys just leaving the team left and right.

He's without a doubt considerably better than what A&M ran out last year. He's a better thrower than Mond ever was - albeit not the athlete Mond was.

It also helps with Evan Stewart's a freak of nature and they're just in general flat out better at the skill spots than they've been at any time in the last decade-ish.

Does that translate to anything serious? Don't know - but it's undoubtedly better than what they've had. That said, there's still a chance King wins the job again.

11238141.jpeg

Is he elite? Nah, probably not.

But I just don’t think he’s nearly as bad as some have made him out to be. Not by a long shot. If he's at A&M last year, they win 10 running away.

*Edit* Do the image/media/other text buttons not work for anyone else in browser mode? I gotta go to mobile every time to post a pic.

He threw for almost 3000 yards on a 26/7 TD-INT ratio in a train wreck year at LSU behind a bad offensive line with that coaching situation and guys just leaving the team left and right.

He's without a doubt considerably better than what A&M ran out last year. He's a better thrower than Mond ever was - albeit not the athlete Mond was.

It also helps with Evan Stewart's a freak of nature and they're just in general flat out better at the skill spots than they've been at any time in the last decade-ish.

Does that translate to anything serious? Don't know - but it's undoubtedly better than what they've had. That said, there's still a chance King wins the job again.
Yea, it just dawned on me that you mentioned him being a first 2 day pick. That would SHOCK me. Jimbo’s system is also pretty complicated so outside of being Jameis, I’d be bearish on a guy coming in and playing that well in his first year.

Y’all expecting Stewart to be that good this year?

Yea, it just dawned on me that you mentioned him being a first 2 day pick. That would SHOCK me. Jimbo’s system is also pretty complicated so outside of being Jameis, I’d be bearish on a guy coming in and playing that well in his first year.

Y’all expecting Stewart to be that good this year?
The system thing is the biggest reason it appears King is really hanging in the race. He just knows more and it sounds like some of his mechanical/footwork issues have improved pretty drastically. But King's had those types of showings in practices and camps dating back to high school and when the bullets start flying it all kinda breaks down and he makes bad decisions with bad footwork which snowballs into weak throws... Scrimmages should tell a lot.

Johnson's got arm talent, without a doubt, and he's the kind of mentally tough leader Mond was. I think he's a player - the only thing I hedge on with regards to him at A&M is he's absolutely not a runner and Jimbo seems to prefer that above all else lately.

All that to say, if Weigman had more time in the system he probably wins the job running away. He's just on another level than either of the other two guys physically.

Stewart had a really good spring game. He's supposedly been incredible all summer and into fall. Granted, clearing A&M's low bar at receiver isn't an insane feat, but he's supposedly their best guy on the outside already by a significant margin. And I think I'd be surprised if Noah Thomas doesn't steal the other outside spot at some point this season, too.

Wait… the player whose iPad Cale read off of might have also been white…? That’s why they’re keeping it buttoned up?

EDIT

Deleting the Deadspin article because it libelously names Drake Stoops, but OU college Twitter is spreading a rumor it was a white player and it’s why the Gundy’s are reacting like they are.

Must be nice to have a QB battle lol. I’m over here hoping our mediocre guy doesn’t get hurt.

Wait… the player whose iPad Cale read off of might have also been white…? That’s why they’re keeping it buttoned up?

EDIT

Deleting the Deadspin article because it libelously names Drake Stoops, but OU college Twitter is spreading a rumor it was a white player and it’s why the Gundy’s are reacting like they are.

I'm hoping that player was white. Would be great for racial harmony and reconciliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom