OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want some of what McMurphy is smoking :lol:. Can’t be a Top 10 preseason with that lack of depth on Oline and no proven playmakers at WR. Think this team probably ends up between 8-4 and 10-2. I’d be disappointed with 8-4 though to make things clear (barring any crazy injuries affecting the team - just not enough depth yet).

Anyone who was saying that needs to get their eyes checked.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter really.

Kelly always plays 2 or more QBs in a season, even during several games. It’s his system. So I’m sure they all have varying strengths and they’ll all play.

I want some of what McMurphy is smoking :lol:. Can’t be a Top 10 preseason with that lack of depth on Oline and no proven playmakers at WR. Think this team probably ends up between 8-4 and 10-2. I’d be disappointed with 8-4 though to make things clear (barring any crazy injuries affecting the team - just not enough depth yet).

We want Bama. :pimp:

Dude really is Belichick lite :lol:, they'll be coaching until they die or physically can't

Last edited:
Cristobal hype x a winning the ACC coastal x a potentially down Clemson. He probably thinks you all win the ACC this year so with that thought that would be a top 4/top 5 type ranking
Yea, DJ stinks and Clemson’s offense could be rough again. DL is elite though but we’ll see how the unit looks without Venables. I just don’t think there’s enough depth behind the top talent to pencil Miami in that high.

I don't understand the Cristobal hype. He's shown himself to be an incredible recruiter but he's barely a . 500 coach

I don't understand the Cristobal hype. He's shown himself to be an incredible recruiter but he's barely a . 500 coach
Dumb talking point. He was 35-13 at Oregon with 2 conference titles.

He built the FIU program from nothing. They were literally borrowing old equipment from other teams so they could play games. Pete Garcia stupidly fired him there.

Mario has his warts as a coach for sure but the “.500 coach” talking point makes no sense if you actually have context for what he took over at FIU and what he was able to accomplish there.

We want Bama. :pimp:

PTSD_Chihuahua_Banner.jpg

7B6F9172-D119-4EAC-8DF5-4861A633D262.jpeg

Yea, DJ stinks and Clemson’s offense could be rough again. DL is elite though but we’ll see how the unit looks without Venables. I just don’t think there’s enough depth behind the top talent to pencil Miami in that high.

That Clemson DL is supposed to be 2018-esque so when you’re trotting out that kinda talent you can’t completely write them off.

I think if you're thinking of the 4th ranked team in the nation being someone who can legitimately challenge Bama/OSU for a Chip then I can why UM being there is very far fetched. But there is a rather large drop off from 1/2/3 to that next group of teams IMO so I can definitely see a scenario where, if things go right and the stars align, you guys could be in that discussion. And when you get to that point it’s really just about having some luck and having the ball bounce in your direction.

Last edited:
I think if your thinking of the 4th ranked team in the nation being someone who can legitimately challenge Bama/OSU for a Chip then I can why UM being there is very far fetched. But there is a rather large drop off from 1/2/3 to that next group of teams IMO so I can definitely see a scenario where, if things go right and the stars align, you guys could be in that discussion. And when you get to that point it’s really just about having some luck and having the ball bounce in your direction.
That’s completely fair. Need to see some of that luck in action before projecting it though :lol:

Buckeyes could contend with Bama if they have something that resembles a decent defense

But that hasn’t been the case since 2014 :smh:

I’d need to see how Michigan is going to generate a pass rush first before I’m confident in that game.

They are going to blitz a lot more and that is going to put a lot of pressure on the secondary to hold up, and OSU is still incredibly talented at WR.

I’d need to see how Michigan is going to generate a pass rush first before I’m confident in that game.

They are going to blitz a lot more and that is going to put a lot of pressure on the secondary to hold up, and OSU is still incredibly talented at WR.

How’s the D line for you guys looking?

For once I haven’t heard much about OSU having a crazy D line. I think after last year people have chilled with that hype train

How’s the D line for you guys looking?

For once I haven’t heard much about OSU having a crazy D line. I think after last year people have chilled with that hype train
They have some options but obviously none are at Hutch or Ojabo levels as of yet... I would think they will have to be creative to get to the QB... Mazi Smith at DT is getting hyped up but again, not a lot of production from... Unless he becomes a Mo Hurst type, its gunna have to be a collective effort... Morris, Upshaw, Harrell, Jenkins, McGregor, Welschof... one will have to be at least solid for them to collapse the pocket
Secondary has guys back there that should give them some time and praying that Moore/Moten are actual ballhawks at S that Michigan needs... Turner staying healthy will be key because you dont worry about his side of the field

I think Morris has a really good chance to be a top 100 guy, but I’m honestly not a fan of the weight gain. People keep bringing up Wormley but forget Worm really wasn’t much of a factor on the edge as a rusher. In the 280’s or even 270’s Morris still would have had position versatility.

It sounds like there’s some confidence that Mazi and Jenkins (son of NFL Kris Jenkins) could be factors up front this season, but they are going to need another guy to at least be serviceable on the other side of Morris.

Would Cal clean up any silly political nonsense USC and UCLA might have faced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom