OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alford slander cracks me up especially if you look at the RB room now. I hate my fan base sometimes

Henderson (No. 1 ranked RB)
Williams (No. 45 ranked RB)
Hayden (No. 24 ranked RB)
Pryor (No. 2 ranked RB)
That's a pretty impressive room. I don't like the Day slander but he got Lemon Bum Bum in that GA game which is think is why their mad.

The Alford slander cracks me up especially if you look at the RB room now. I hate my fan base sometimes

Henderson (No. 1 ranked RB)
Williams (No. 45 ranked RB)
Hayden (No. 24 ranked RB)
Pryor (No. 2 ranked RB)
Alford is probably one of the best at recruiting the position in the country :lol:. Weird for OSU to lose a Moeller kid though in this day

Or option 3. The talent finals plays up to its level and he's more rested because he doesn't have to CEO and gameplan.

Eventually, talent will overcome coaching ineptitude. It always does in college.
I think your Option 3 rolls into my Option 1.

I just think he's going to be miserable either way at this point because his ego had to take a punch in the balls on the eventual path there.

I don't think he wants to just be a CEO.

Alford is probably one of the best at recruiting the position in the country :lol:. Weird for OSU to lose a Moeller kid though in this day
That's a pretty impressive room. I don't like the Day slander but he got Lemon Bum Bum in that GA game which is think is why their mad.

It’s always funny with fans like that because the coaches/recruiters will build rooms like that and the second they miss a recruit those morons want them gone :smh:

I’m sure all fan bases are like that but Ohio state fans are so outspoken and annoying about it

Hmm so you like Ryan day.
I absolutely like Ryan Day. I say this without trolling. He has tOSU on the cusp of winning a National Championship. All of his playoff losses other than the Bama loss were games that they led and had a legitimate shot to win. You can’t ask for more as a fan.

I absolutely like Ryan Day. I say this without trolling. He has tOSU on the cusp of winning a National Championship. All of his playoff losses other than the Bama loss were games that they led and had a legitimate shot to win. You can’t ask for more as a fan.
No concerns about his non-playoff losses?

Can OSU do better?

The pipe dream of Mike Vrabel isn’t happening , and even then we really have no idea of how he’d do at the college level.
Urban's literally still right there in the building. As is, they're lining things up to rehire him if Day loses to Michigan and fails to win a title again. They're not slick.

Would that be "better"? I don't know. I have my opinions about Urban as a coach (currently) and as a human being, but you can't argue with his resume.

No concerns about his non-playoff losses?
Not really, I think Harbs has found a style of play that has worked in recent years against Day but these things go in cycles. No trolling but I have several teams that I truly like and I don't get too worried about losing to Michigan if that doesn't result in missing out on the playoffs. With the expanded field I think the goal should be to just make the playoffs and cook from there. Not that anyone asked but teams that I actually like are as follows.

1. CU (family connections and the fact that their program has been part of my life since the early 90s)

2. UWyo (family connections and went to their games as a kid)

3. tOSU, Miami, FSU and USC- These are my backup teams that I root for when 1 and 2 are irrelevant which has been my life since the early 00s.

Urban's literally still right there in the building. As is, they're lining things up to rehire him if Day loses to Michigan and fails to win a title again. They're not slick.

Would that be "better"? I don't know. I have my opinions about Urban as a coach (currently) and as a human being, but you can't argue with his resume.

Urban’s said it himself that his health nowadays precludes him from being the same micro-manager he was at UF and OSU, he’s not going to be the same guy. You’re getting at best a Washington Wizards version of what he used to be.

And as it pertains to Fickell who seems to be 2B after Vrabel, I’m really interested to see how things shake up with him and Longo.

I know they are friends but I still find it kind of hard to believe a defensive guy signed up to play with that offense, and Longo’s **** is not going to work with a speed limit. Wisco could easily start off going sideways.

Not really, I think Harbs has found a style of play that has worked in recent years against Day but these things go in cycles. No trolling but I have several teams that I truly like and I don't get too worried about losing to Michigan if that doesn't result in missing out on the playoffs. With the expanded field I think the goal should be to just make the playoffs and cook from there. Not that anyone asked but teams that I actually like are as follows.

1. CU (family connections and the fact that their program has been part of my life since the early 90s)

2. UWyo (family connections and went to their games as a kid)

3. tOSU, Miami, FSU and USC- These are my backup teams that I root for when 1 and 2 are irrelevant which has been my life since the early 00s.
Well if 3 is true, you need to get down or lay down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom