OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like Helton agreed to a smaller buyout? Or they only had to pay him $905K in 2021 and will continue paying him yearly until he gets the full $10M+.

Nothing like Texas High School football. Art Briles had those Stephenville teams killing stuff. Those teams did have many D1 prospects beside his son Kendal. He was the real deal at QB. I remember watching them against my high school when I was in college we had them on the ropes but somehow they found away to pull it out.

I remember watching them against my high school when I was in college

kevin-hart-kevin.gif

I know I know but just humor me in the hypothetical discussion:

Could this affect recruiting in anyway for UF, FSU, UCF?

What are the eventual landing spots for everyone?
Completely based on my own logic/need of the conferences here. bet FSU/Clemson SEC. Miami/UNC B1G. Im unclear where NC St, UVA and VTech fall here. UVA makes sense for the B1G from an academic profile and maybe Tech too?

Completely based on my own logic/need of the conferences here. bet FSU/Clemson SEC. Miami/UNC B1G. Im unclear where NC St, UVA and VTech fall here. UVA makes sense for the B1G from an academic profile and maybe Tech too?

I think there’s been a contingent of NCSt boosters that have been wanting to get into the SEC. Idk how influential they are tho.

I feel like UVA’s value is already served with UMD. GT would add something new and the infusion of money might be what that program needs for them to be taken seriously again.

If it took adding Duke to get UNC I’d be fine with it, but I’m not really a fan of adding VT or UVA. I think the ideal scenario for the B1G is UNC, Duke, Miami, and GT.

I think the B1G and SEC both want UNC the most. From what I read the charlotte market is the biggest in the US not owned by the major carriers. B1G also wants a Florida school to get a footprint down there of course

I think there’s been a contingent of NCSt boosters that have been wanting to get into the SEC. Idk how influential they are tho.

I feel like UVA’s value is already served with UMD. GT would add something new and the infusion of money might be what that program needs for them to be taken seriously again.

If it took adding Duke to get UNC I’d be fine with it, but I’m not really a fan of adding VT or UVA. I think the ideal scenario for the B1G is UNC, Duke, Miami, and GT.
I can see the hesitation on UVA/VT, but wouldn’t it be valuable to just take over that whole region from Penn State down to UNC? Charlotte and VA Beach are two rapidly growing areas.

UNC is kind of a wildcard because I’m not sure if they’re moving with the idea of having a partner or just doing what’s best for them. Seems like they’re a better B1G fit than SEC IMO. Miami similar as well. I know they’ve been in contact with both SEC/B1G. Insiders had been suggesting SEC is more likely which makes sense geographically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom