OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man what was he doing for all those years :lol:. Dude couldn’t grab a general studies degree or something?

I can't even defend Stetson on this one. The craziest part about it is most football players are on campus and taking classes through the summers so he had even more time than a regular student to get a degree.

This is why it's common for athletes to graduate in 2.5 or 3 years so they can grad transfer. It's literally difficult to not get a degree in 6 years of college. If he's taking the minimum course load to be considered a full-time student, he would have graduated a year ago 😂.

Stetson is in the NFL now and his family has some money so it's not a big deal regardless but it is funny.

Don’t athletes have to take 12 course hours a semester to stay eligible? It seems impossible he’s not graduated.

Don’t athletes have to take 12 course hours a semester to stay eligible? It seems impossible he’s not graduated.

Yeah, the math ain't mathin'. I've been out of college for over a decade now but when I was in school, you needed to be taking 12 academic hours per semester to be considered a full-time student. If you do the math, you should have your degree in 5 years at the longest.

This doesn't even include the summers where he might have had even more opportunity to take a couple of classes.

Stetson was in junior college for a year so maybe his credits didn't transfer? Maybe he failed a bunch of classes?

There are some non very bright athletes I've met who find a way to graduate in 3 or 3.5 years so for Stetson to not graduate in six is pretty incredible.

1684114867106.png

1684126347861.jpeg

It does if he’s failing those courses or switched his major enough that he didn’t get the minimum credits needed to complete a degree. Or he’s missing a mandatory core class.

That POS Pat Narduzzi was the only coach willing to go on the record in The Athletic’s article about tampering.

He says he went to the NCAA and they still haven’t done anything about USC tampering with Addison.

I wonder if he asked for a timeline on a tampering ruling on Slovis, Jurkovec, and those WRs who jumped to pitt on day 1 of the portal opening.

That POS Pat Narduzzi was the only coach willing to go on the record in The Athletic’s article about tampering.

He says he went to the NCAA and they still haven’t done anything about USC tampering with Addison.

I wonder if he asked for a timeline on a tampering ruling on Slovis, Jurkovec, and those WRs who jumped to pitt on day 1 of the portal opening.

This the same guy who said Pitt could win the B1G after blowing a 21-10 lead at the half to Michigan State

What people have been saying is that it's 8 schools. Brett really became a mouthpiece though huh?

I feel like Brett has been more credible than most but yeah I believe they need 8 schools. Not sure who the 8th would be. FSU’s AD has been outspoken about wanting out. Should be an interesting summer.

I feel like Brett has been more credible than most but yeah I believe they need 8 schools. Not sure who the 8th would be. FSU’s AD has been outspoken about wanting out. Should be an interesting summer.
The need for 8 also seems a bit exaggerated. That’s why I think you see them comfortable coming out with the 7

The need for 8 also seems a bit exaggerated. That’s why I think you see them comfortable coming out with the 7

Don’t you need a majority of schools to be on board to dissolve the conference? Isn’t that is the only way out?

NC State and Virginia Tech must feel good about having a landing spot because I don’t see either of those schools getting a B1G/SEC invite.

Don’t you need a majority of schools to be on board to dissolve the conference? Isn’t that is the only way out?

NC State and Virginia Tech must feel good about having a landing spot because I don’t see either of those schools getting a B1G/SEC invite.
It’s a lot of murky legal theory tbh. The issue here is purely the GOR not dissolving the conference. I think that their bet is having 7 schools calling the validity of it into question is enough

If the Conference gets blown up I see the GOR getting negotiated down and bought out and the teams who get to go to major conferences get to offset those costs a bit by these huge pay days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom