OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go full UGA homer here but it's kind of wild that Stetson Bennett isn't in the top 20. 4-0 in CFP games and the MVP of all 4 CFP games he was in. That being said, that's a tough list to crack with a lot of high school winners and really successful QBs. Not sure who I would take off

This plays perfectly to my question of how they measure this. Stats? Talent?

Like I said Joe Burrow had one of the greatest seasons we’ve ever seen but I don’t think he’s better than someone like Deshaun Watson was in college. People seem to forget his first year at LSU.

Same with Stetson, he’s got all the accolades you could ask for but is he a true better QB than some of those in the top ten?

Like I said Joe Burrow had one of the greatest seasons we’ve ever seen but I don’t think he’s better than someone like Deshaun Watson was in college. People seem to forget his first year at LSU.

Same with Stetson, he’s got all the accolades you could ask for but is he a true better QB than some of those in the top ten?

I totally agree. The word "best" can mean whatever you wanted to. Is it the most accomplished players? Is it based on the eye test? I do defer to players who had more than one great season. Joe Burrow had arguably the greatest season in college football history but the season before that he was average.

Stetson Bennett dominated his CFP games but was never considered a dominant college football player.

Do Jason White and Eric Crouch qualify for that list????

Jason White better than Baker too :lol: :lol:

No Ken Dorsey?
Crouch was 45, Dorsey was 36 and White was 32.
I'm going to go full UGA homer here but it's kind of wild that Stetson Bennett isn't in the top 20. 4-0 in CFP games and the MVP of all 4 CFP games he was in. That being said, that's a tough list to crack with a lot of high school winners and really successful QBs. Not sure who I would take off

AJ McCarron was the starter for 2 national championships. Does he belong in the top 25?

Right and by some measurements (Baker and Stetsons mentioned above) he’d be top 10-15

But we all know he’s nowhere close
AJ is on the list at 67.

Caleb Williams and Drew Brees are not on the list. Nor are some record breaking QBs like Bailey Zappe and Anthony Gordon.
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Cam Newton
  • Vince Young
  • Tim Tebow
  • Joe Burrow
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Kyler Murray
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Marcus Mariota
  • 10 Robert Griffin
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Colt McCoy
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Kellen Moore
  • Sam Bradford
  • Jameis Winston
  • Matt Leinart
  • Andrew Luck
  • Bryce Young
  • 20 CJ Stroud
  • Tua Tagovailoa
  • Philip Rivers
  • Carson Palmer
  • Case Keenum
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Russell Wilson
  • Pat White
  • Ben Roethilsberger
  • Justin Fields
  • 30 Rex Grossman
  • Colin Kaepernick
  • Jason White
  • Troy Smith
  • Graham Harrell
  • Chase Daniel
  • Ken Dorsey
  • Stetson Bennett
  • Mac Jones
  • Laundry Jones
  • 40 Alex Smith
  • Collin Klein
  • Colt Brennan
  • Aaron Murray
  • Byron Leftwich
  • Eric Crouch
  • Brady Quinn
  • Eli Manning
  • Kyle Trask
  • Jordan Lynch
  • 50 Denard Robinson
  • Dan LeFevour
  • David Carr (But no Derek?)
  • Brad Banks
  • Keenan Reynolds
  • Joey Harrington
  • Mason Rudolph
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Todd Reesing
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • 60 Kenny Pickett
  • Matt Barkley
  • Max Duggan
  • Zach Wilson
  • Andy Dalton
  • Kevin Kolb
  • JT Barrett
  • AJ McCarron
  • Brad Smith
  • David Greene
  • 70 Geno Smith
  • Brandon Weeden
  • Dak Prescott
  • Timmy Chang
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • Matt Ryan

AJ is on the list at 67.

Caleb Williams and Drew Brees are not on the list. Nor are some record breaking QBs like Bailey Zappe and Anthony Gordon.
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Cam Newton
  • Vince Young
  • Tim Tebow
  • Joe Burrow
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Kyler Murray
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Marcus Mariota
  • 10 Robert Griffin
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Colt McCoy
  • Johnny Manziel
  • Kellen Moore
  • Sam Bradford
  • Jameis Winston
  • Matt Leinart
  • Andrew Luck
  • Bryce Young
  • 20 CJ Stroud
  • Tua Tagovailoa
  • Philip Rivers
  • Carson Palmer
  • Case Keenum
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Russell Wilson
  • Pat White
  • Ben Roethilsberger
  • Justin Fields
  • 30 Rex Grossman
  • Colin Kaepernick
  • Jason White
  • Troy Smith
  • Graham Harrell
  • Chase Daniel
  • Ken Dorsey
  • Stetson Bennett
  • Mac Jones
  • Laundry Jones
  • 40 Alex Smith
  • Collin Klein
  • Colt Brennan
  • Aaron Murray
  • Byron Leftwich
  • Eric Crouch
  • Brady Quinn
  • Eli Manning
  • Kyle Trask
  • Jordan Lynch
  • 50 Denard Robinson
  • Dan LeFevour
  • David Carr (But no Derek?)
  • Brad Banks
  • Keenan Reynolds
  • Joey Harrington
  • Mason Rudolph
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Todd Reesing
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • 60 Kenny Pickett
  • Matt Barkley
  • Max Duggan
  • Zach Wilson
  • Andy Dalton
  • Kevin Kolb
  • JT Barrett
  • AJ McCarron
  • Brad Smith
  • David Greene
  • 70 Geno Smith
  • Brandon Weeden
  • Dak Prescott
  • Timmy Chang
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • Matt Ryan

That’s my fault I only read the top 20. Is Caleb not on there since he’s still playing?

Going to play TE for them.

Is this his 4th of school? Auburn, Kentucky, UCF and now Louisville.. This COVID year is wild. I remember Joey Gatewood going to camps with Justin Fields, they were both class of 2018.

I remember when he was getting Cam Newton comparisons coming out of high school

Last edited:
I think Pat might actually be my least favorite coach in the country, which is saying something, because there are a lot of a**hole coaches out there. He is like DLK with none of the accomplishments.
Dabo is annoying and surely self righteous, but he almost never takes targeted shots at people and doesn’t ***** and moan like Pat does.

Dabo also defends his kids and coaches to a fault. Narduzzi is an ******* and throws everyone else under the bus.

If you’re not sure who you would take off, then how is it wild at all? :lol: He’s not close

Folks gotta escape this conference while they can

It'll probably be rough for a bit, but it stems from Larry Scott, so... Once the conference is pared down then I guess built back up, it should be fine. Should being the caveat. Need sound leadership and some business savvy, which apparently is a big ask, but not a death knell yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom