OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Nebraska AAU before they got in the B10? I thought they weren’t even though it’s supposed to be a requirement

Was Nebraska AAU before they got in the B10? I thought they weren’t even though it’s supposed to be a requirement

They were but they got voted out shortly after. Michigan and a couple of other B1G schools voted for them to kicked out IIRC, because of the med school being on a satellite campus and not the main one.

"may just take"

:lol:

I'd be cautiously pessimistic about anything Swaim posts. All these rumors create a feeding frenzy though and will make it tougher for the Pac to negotiate a deal when potential partners think what they're buying and what they'll get are going to be different, which will lead to defections if it drags on. That's not lost on the "sources" I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Bookmark this way too early 2024 mock draft for next April when only a dozen of these guys go in the first round and a handful go undrafted. I love Brock Bowers but he's not going in the top five.

Miami better be good if they have three first round picks 😂

Bookmark this way too early 2024 mock draft for next April when only a dozen of these guys go in the first round and a handful go undrafted. I love Brock Bowers but he's not going in the top five.

Zion Nelson hasn’t played football in a year and might have a degenerative knee. Would not bet on him coming close to being a first round guy

Pitts went fourth, I don’t see why Bowers who is a better football player can’t go as high.

Pitts went fourth, I don’t see why Bowers who is a better football player can’t go as high.

Where you get drafted is based on potential and projection, not entirely on past production. Bowers is a better player but he doesn't have the elite measurables that Kyle Pitts does. Pitts is taller and (I believe) faster than Bowers

Where you get drafted is based on potential and projection, not entirely on past production. Bowers is a better player but he doesn't have the elite measurables that Kyle Pitts does. Pitts is taller and (I believe) faster than Bowers
Dalton Kincaid just went 1st round and had like 10 games production to show he was worth that. Bowers being the best TE for 3 years would probably get him in the top 15. Especially since its a copy cat league and everyone wants the next Kittle/Kelce.

Can't believe I'm defending an overrated Dawg. Just realized this is reverse psychology from you.

Drafting a TE that high just isn’t smart regardless

Even if he projects to be an elite one? I agree with the adage that you should be drafting premium positions with premium picks but anywhere he goes he’s going to basically be a pseudo-WR like Kelce.

You can tell by Bowers ability after the catch he’s going to do well in the agility drills. I don’t think there’s a gap between those two as athletes.

Even if he projects to be an elite one? I agree with the adage that you should be drafting premium positions with premium picks but anywhere he goes he’s going to basically be a pseudo-WR like Kelce.
Kelce was a 2nd rounder. The vast majority of the elite TEs in the league weren’t 1st rounders. I just don’t think the position is valuable enough to spend a Top 5 pick on, elite or not. QB/EDGE/WR/CB/OT are the ones that you should be looking at that high IMO.

Kelce was a 2nd rounder. The vast majority of the elite TEs in the league weren’t 1st rounders. I just don’t think the position is valuable enough to spend a Top 5 pick on, elite or not. QB/EDGE/WR/CB/OT are the ones that you should be looking at that high IMO.

I'm a Georgia fan, Brock Bowers is one of my favorite players in the country but looking at things objectively it just doesn't make sense for any tight end, even one of the best tight ends in college football history, to be drafted that highly.

I'm also a Falcons fan and I will admit that Kyle Pitts was a reach at number 5 and he is considered one of the greatest tight end prospects ever.

Brock will 100% be a first-round pick but I doubt that he will go in the top 5.

Isn’t Hall the bigger surprise? Not to be a homer but I’d take Jenkins and Graham if he was draft eligible over him right now.

Yeah I don’t see him and Emeka as first round picks but I also think Emeka got overshadowed by Marv Jr and if I remember correctly put up somewhat similar stats. I say that about JT because he was pretty quiet most of the season and then had that insane game against PSU but didn’t build off of it really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom