OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of that cycle when Nebraska took a boatload of kids from Florida only to have those players either never stepped foot on campus or transfer after a year. This is just a danger in focusing on out-of-state/out of region recruits.

This is an unfinished build from a closed beta. It's not meant for the public to view. A beta is meant to discover these types of issues prior to release so they can fix them (in theory).

I hope you're right. I would legitimately break my controller If I lost a game due to this goofy animation. Patrick Mahomes attempted this move literally once and didn't even complete the pass. Dudes are going to be spamming this online 😭

I can't say what I really want to say about this situation because I would be considered racist towards baby gronk

Here goes. I am only speaking from experience growing up in Ennis,TX. Not to say he can't or won't be a stud. But most Latino players in Texas peak around Jr or early in high school in size. That why you never see a South Texas school or El Paso school win state in Class 4A to 6A. But yet and still latino players are good players and contributors on state championship teams but most of them don't have the DI size but they have plenty of heart. When I was growing up in school all my close Latino buddies were dogs in JR high and high school but they were undersized. There are some that go on to college. But more that likely if his dad is short he will be short too and that has nothing to do with race.

Jim Nagy, the director of the Senior Bowl, had a tweet (that he subsequently deleted) talking about this very topic. He basically said that one a handful of positions (QB, kicker), football is not a skill-based sport.

A parent can train his son child from a very young age to excel in football but at the end of the day elite the genetics and natural ability will win out most of the time. Matt told the story of Ziggy Ansah who literally didn't play football until he was at BYU and turned himself into a top five pick in 1.5 years do superior talent. I can't think of too many other sports where you can take a player (no matter how talented) and they become dominant in less than 2 years.

Nagy said it basically doesn't matter when you begin grooming your kid for football.

Most football positions are unskilled, meaning that superior size, strength and speed will win out over a more skilled (but less talented) athletes so there's no point in grinding your 10-year-old into the ground like this baby Gronk kid's dad.

You compare this with a more skilled sport like golf or you can make the argument that going the Tiger Woods route and training a kid from elementary school makes sense because no amount of physical gifts can close the gap of a far superior golfer.

You can have your son eating a perfect diet and training twice a day for a decade but a more talented, less skilled athlete will still probably get more scholarship offers and be drafted highly.

Last edited:
I'm glad that NCAA football isn't coming out this year because EA has a lot glitches to iron out of Madden. Could you imagine playing NCAA football online and Caleb Williams does this goofy superman throw animation (that Patrick Mahomes has in Madden) and hits a 40-yard touchdown pass?

Considering I’m gonna frozen envelope my way to usc in the NT league, I don’t see the problem…

This reminds me of that cycle when Nebraska took a boatload of kids from Florida only to have those players either never stepped foot on campus or transfer after a year. This is just a danger in focusing on out-of-state/out of region recruits.

Florida kids especially. Going from SFLA to the Plains region has to be a huge culture shock and you’re nowhere near home.

All the top schools recruit nationally though so I’m not really buying the logic on a broader scale. Winning typically is a solve for this.

Can we all just collectively agree not to acknowledge child exploitation in here?

I just hate all the taking pictures in uniforms at every visit you take. Hyped up dudes who don’t “pan”, it can causes depression and psychological issues as they get older.

I wouldn’t want my kid taking pictures at 10 schools, over even be ranked. Because if it doesn’t work out, they may never recover as an adult

Zack Smith said that moronic dad DM’ed him and all these other podcasters talking about “this is my sons top 8 schools he wants to go to” and Zack said he laughed at him and told him he’s an idiot :lol:

Zack Smith said that moronic dad DM’ed him and all these other podcasters talking about “this is my sons top 8 schools he wants to go to” and Zack said he laughed at him and told him he’s an idiot :lol:
When Zack Smith tells YOU that you’re an idiot :lol:

The NCAA really wants to self-immolate huh? I refuse to believe they're this daft.

And LOLOL at "Manchin/Tuberville"
Of ******* course it’s Saban’s buddies stepping in here.

There’s zero shot this bill ever gets off the ground. The SC gonna smack it down in a hurry.

It’s so funny to see the party of free market capitalism try to put restrictions on a sport with the majority of Black kid earning money anyways. Democrats would literally never agree to this stupid bill.

I think the days of national champions regularly going undefeated is going to end. Looking at some of the potential schedules we see for SEC and Big 10, teams in these conferences are going to have to play 5-6 top 25 during the regular season, a conference title game against another top 5-10 team and then win 2-3 playoff games. I just can't imagine a group of college kids making it through a schedule that difficult unscathed on a regular basis.

I think we're going to see a lot more one loss, or even two loss national champions going forward.

I think the days of national champions regularly going undefeated is going to end. Looking at some of the potential schedules we see for SEC and Big 10, teams in these conferences are going to have to play 5-6 top 25 during the regular season, a conference title game against another top 5-10 team and then win 2-3 playoff games. I just can't imagine a group of college kids making it through a schedule that difficult unscathed on a regular basis.

I think we're going to see a lot more one loss, or even two loss national champions going forward.

Yup. A top 4 finish in the B1G or SEC should be enough to get you in the 12-team playoff IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom