OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Exactly. Your options are: You can have your name and likeness in the game (which is pretty cool in and of itself, something to tell your kids about later) and to get $500 you didn't have to work for or you can be RG #76 without $500 and no one will miss it"

Electronic Arts has PLENTY money…. $500 is a joke. So what that it’s 12,000+ guys that need to be compensated. $500 is a joke….

“Didn’t work for…?” So grinding throughout high school and little league isn’t hard? work? What hard work is EA sports putting in besides not wanting to pay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y’all love defending billion dollar corporations who have plenty money. If the NFL guys get 17k, college athletes should get no less than 5k.

“Tell your kids about it later?” Man hell nall. Pay up. Nobody wants bragging rights, talk money first

No less than 5k for +12000 players.

So they should spend upwards of 60 million on NIL?

EA’s not worth billion because of ncaa video game sales.

Electronic Arts has PLENTY money…. $500 is a joke. So what that it’s 12,000+ guys that need to be compensated. $500 is a joke….

“Didn’t work for…?” So grinding throughout high school and little league isn’t hard? work? What hard work is EA sports putting in besides not wanting to pay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y’all love defending billion dollar corporations who have plenty money. If the NFL guys get 17k, college athletes should get no less than 5k.

“Tell your kids about it later?” Man hell nall. Pay up. Nobody wants bragging rights, talk money first

Not even going to argue with you, all I'm going to say is the math isn't in your favor.

No less than 5k for +12000 players.

So they should spend upwards of 60 million on NIL?

EA’s not worth billion because of ncaa video game sales.

The company still nets 700+ million per year. Again, they’ve got plenty money. Don’t want to compensate, don’t make the game.

Not to mention, they made free money from 1993 up until 2014

If y’all were collegiate football players currently or had a child or relative playing, y’all cool with him only making $500?

Last edited:
Eh look at the names on that players board and you’ll see why they’re advising them to boycott. A bunch of nobodies that never made it. Same with the last time this happened.

Give the kids $1500 or something each and if they don’t want it, cool they don’t gotta be in the game. Fact remains there’s going to be roster downloads anyway so they’ll be in it regardless if they take the money or not

I assure you people who play the game will not care that the third string tackle from Marshall isn’t in the game because he felt $500 wasn’t enough

Last edited:
The company still nets 700+ million per year. Again, they’ve got plenty money. Don’t want to compensate, don’t make the game.

If y’all were collegiate football players currently or had a child or relative playing, y’all cool with him only making $500?
Why should they overpay athletes based of a game that contributes a small portion towards that 700,000,000?

That’s a silly *** argument. How much they make elsewhere has zero to do with NIL payouts for this game.

$500 for 90+% of these guys is already an overpay.

Why should they overpay athletes based of a game that contributes a small portion towards that 700,000,000?

That’s a silly *** argument. How much they make elsewhere has zero to do with NIL payouts for this game.

$500 for 90+% of these guys is already an overpay.

…. Yet they want to use the likeness of these guys who they don’t want to compensate. Make it make sense.

Pay up or keep it shelved like it has the past 10 years. It’s that simple. I hope those young cats boycott and take them to the cleaners.

EA sports has been crying, begging and pleading to bring the game back, yet doesn’t want to pay dudes.

Plenty NFL bench warmers, NBA benchwarmers getting paid by 2K and EA Sports.

People playing Madden to use CASE KEENUM or Matthew Slater and his 64 rating?

How about Haslem and his 67 2K rating??

So the argument is moot.

Tons of dudes in FIFA, madden, 2K, etc who fans don’t give a damn about and they still play the game. Dudes still get paid, but I guess the argument is only different in regards to college football…..

Last edited:
…. Yet they want to use the likeness of these guys who they don’t want to compensate. Make it make sense.

Pay up or keep it shelved like it has the past 10 years. It’s that simple. I hope those young cats boycott and take them to the cleaners.

EA sports has been crying, begging and pleading to bring the game back, yet doesn’t want to pay dudes.

Plenty NFL bench warmers, NBA benchwarmers getting paid by 2K and EA Sports.

People playing Madden to use CASE KEENUM or Matthew Slater and his 64 rating?

How about Haslem and his 67 2K rating??

So the argument is moot.

Tons of dudes in FIFA, madden, 2K, etc who fans don’t give a damn about and they still play the game. Dudes still get paid, but I guess the argument is only different in regards to college football…..
Do you think Case Keenum is making the same on Madden as Patrick Mahomes?

Alternatively - is the NCAA game making as much revenue as Madden? Never mind there’s 10000 fewer players to parse the revenue split between.

It’s a dumb *** argument, man.

If me or my kid were part of the 99% of college athletes who make no money from NIL then yes, I would be cool with only making $500. Like we said earlier in this thread, there may be five college football players in the entire ocean that genuinely move the needle for a marketing perspective.

It makes sense for that small group of players to hold out for more money. The rest of the nation has no leverage, fans are going to buy the game If it has their real name or #RG 76. Honestly, it's borderline charitable that EA is giving backup players at G5 schools any money at all.

If EA is basically say "If you want to opt in, will pay you $500 and give you a digital copy of the game. If you don't opt in, the game is coming out anyway and you won't get $500".

Do you think Case Keenum is making the same on Madden as Patrick Mahomes?

Alternatively - is the NCAA game making as much revenue as Madden? Never mind there’s 10000 fewer players to parse the revenue split between.

It’s a dumb *** argument, man.

It’s a “dumb” argument, but the argument wouldn’t be had, if Electronic Arts just kept the game scraped. Their the ones who want to use those 10,000+ players, therefore pay or hush up.

They know they won’t make much revenue from an NCAA football game so why release it?

Every NFL player gets $17,000….

Essentially, you said nobody cares about the 90% of college rosters … same can be said for the NFL and NBA

You keep making up excuses first it was they have to pay to many guys, then it was the game doesn’t generate much money, then it was “Case KEENUM doesn’t get as much for the game” as Mahomes. Either way, you keep coming up with silly excuses

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

94D6EFD6-65CA-4188-91E9-A064DA80FC83.jpeg

Last edited:
If me or my kid were part of the 99% of college athletes who make no money from NIL then yes, I would be cool with only making $500. Like we said earlier in this thread, there may be five college football players in the entire ocean that genuinely move the needle for a marketing perspective.

It makes sense for that small group of players to hold out for more money. The rest of the nation has no leverage, fans are going to buy the game If it has their real name or #RG 76. Honestly, it's borderline charitable that EA is giving backup players at G5 schools any money at all.

If EA is basically say "If you want to opt in, will pay you $500 and give you a digital copy of the game. If you don't opt in, the game is coming out anyway and you won't get $500".

Y’all do understand with most of the new laws, EA can’t do the player “#77” or like player “#99” like they did with Jordan or Barry Bonds, they’d definitely get sued again.

Again, they may as well scrap the game. $500 ain’t s****

Every NFL player gets $17,000….

Essentially, you said nobody cares about the 90%… same can be said for the NFL and NBA

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

94D6EFD6-65CA-4188-91E9-A064DA80FC83.jpeg
Brother you’re talking yourself in circles.

If they’re paying NFL guys $17,000, at ~1700 active players that’s less than $30,000,000. Madden makes over $450ms a year.

If they’re paying out a lump total of 10% of projected revenue to college players, they’re coming out ahead. :lol:

Brother you’re talking yourself in circles.

If they’re paying NFL guys $17,000, at ~1700 active players that’s less than $30,000,000. Madden makes over $450ms a year.

If they’re paying out a lump total of 10% of projected revenue to college players, they’re coming out ahead. :lol:

First of all, I’m not your brother, second of all like I said, if they can’t afford to give those guys $5000 each, scrap the game.

No one is clamoring for the game, except Electronic Arts.

“Hey, we’re only going to make 50 million, so we can only pay this amount”

If they aren’t going to make any money, why release a game? It’s a waste of time.

Them not making money sounds like a personal problem.

Since it’s not feasible, since they won’t make money, since they can only pay $500 and nothing more, they can do college football, and the players who are smart enough to realize that $500 isn’t enough a favor, and not release it.

Y’all do understand with most of the new laws, EA can’t do the player “#77” or like player “#99” like they did with Jordan or Barry Bonds, they’d definitely get sued again.

Again, they may as well scrap the game. $500 ain’t s****

Yes they can. It would just be RG #76 and that player would not have the likeness or attributes of their real life counterpart. It would just be a randomly generated player.

The issue in the past was that they were using a player's likeness (a players physical attributes, play style and looks) and calling him QB #15 instead of Tim Tebow. To get around this they would just make up random players and then fans would go and download new rosters that same day.

EA didn't stop making the game because they weren't making money. After the NCAA lost the O'Bannon lawsuit there was no mechanism for EA to pay players so they stopped making the game all together. Now that there is a mechanism to pay players through NIL, they are offering players and opportunity to make somebody but the players don't have to accept it. Regardless, the game is coming out because the option is there.

This is a feudal threat and most college football players won't practice and Peyton the boycott because they understand the reality of the situation. Most of them are just happy to be in the game and get a small amount of money because that is what they're likeness is worth.

No one is clamoring for the game, except Electronic Arts.

Yes, the only reason the game is coming out again is because EA wants it, not because college football fans have been asking for it for a decade. This new game is being shoved down the throats of college football fans. 😂

All right, I can tell this is no longer the conversation among adults who understand what is going on here. ✌🏿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom