OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to if y’all are getting everyone

giphy.gif

RIP man. Really sad news. I sometimes wonder how things would have gone for him had he gotten to play for Brady Hoke and not Rich Rod's system.

RIP man. Really sad news. I sometimes wonder how things would have gone for him had he gotten to play for Brady Hoke and not Rich Rod's system.

Petrino is a pretty ****** guy as a person, but I’ve always thought he got the most out of his QBs and was one of the better play callers in CFB.

Hoke and Al Borges would have done Mallet no favors.

Last edited:
Petrino is a pretty ****ty guy as a person, but I’ve always thought he got the most out of his QBs and was one of the better play callers in CFB.

Hoke and Al Borges would have done Mallet no favors.
Petrino is/was really good at crafting an offense around his QBs (It's why I'm worried it's gonna work at A&M and we'll lose a treasure trove of potential jokes.)

I just always thought because Hoke ran that traditional under center offense it favored Mallett more than Rich Rod's stuff.

Petrino is/was really good at crafting an offense around his QBs (It's why I'm worried it's gonna work at A&M and we'll lose a treasure trove of potential jokes.)

I just always thought because Hoke ran that traditional under center offense it favored Mallett more than Rich Rod's stuff.

I just don’t see those two personality wise working out.

Petrino’s downfall as a coach has been his personality, it’s why he couldn’t retain or hire decent assistants at Louisville the second time around.

For Petrino to work as an OC it would have to be at a place with a defensive minded HC who would be willing to be hands off with the offense. That’s not A&M.

Damn that breaks my heart. I remember when tOSU played them in the sugar bowl and was up big but he went off the second half. Not a huge game but dude had so much heart

Wow. RIP man.
Still remember buying the issue of Texas Football Magazine with him, GJ, and John Chiles on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom