OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone tag the resident OU fan to explain this after all his *****ing about traitors, our coaches, and our trainers?

IMG_2602.jpeg

Thoughts on Northwestern coach getting fired over hazing allegations:

That kind of behavior is barbaric and shameful and shouldn’t be tolerated in 2023. If the coach had an6 knowledge of it then he deserved to get canned.

However, I do find it somewhat cowardly to come forward with anonymous accusations like that, without being willing to face any public scrutiny for doing so. You’re destroying a man’s career without knowing for sure whether he knew what was happening and you can’t even put your name to it?

Who is this player?

Was he upset about playing time?

Does he have an axe to grind for any reason?

We may never know.

Would love to Sherrone get that look, but I'd imagine that they'll go the sitting HC route. If so I'd think that Elko would be a no brainer under normal circumstances, but I wonder how much any hire concerns themselves with possible sanctions that may come down.

Would love to Sherrone get that look, but I'd imagine that they'll go the sitting HC route. If so I'd think that Elko would be a no brainer under normal circumstances, but I wonder how much any hire concerns themselves with possible sanctions that may come down.

From the sound of it, the Michigan job is Sherrone’s if Jim ever does leave, so he can afford to be a little more picky I think.

Same goes for Hartline probably.

Man I don’t know, I feel like Northwestern is a career killer for any young guy. I wouldn’t touch it if I had aspirations to go to a big P5 job

“You know that’s fish right?”

I don’t care what that meat is, that **** ain’t even cooked super rare. At least he didn’t make shoe leather like he does with his brisket.
“I don’t care what that meat is.”

Whataburger diet ain’t given you a smooth **** in months huh?

Shaw as a “bridge” guy I think is their best route.
Everybody keeps saying Shaw. Would he take that job? Part of the reason he left Stanford was he didn’t have full control over staffing and he felt frustrated with NIL and the limited flexibility in recruiting.

Everybody keeps saying Shaw. Would he take that job? Part of the reason he left Stanford was he didn’t have full control over staffing and he felt frustrated with NIL and the limited flexibility in recruiting.

Did he really “leave”? That divorce felt pretty mutual on both sides.

I don’t see why he wouldn’t, he’s not going to get a look anywhere better, and unlike Stanford you can get transfers into NW.

I get what you're saying but Northwestern is a better job than Stanford solely because it's in the Big 10. He'll get paid more, NW has better facilities. The worst Big 10 job is better than most Pac-12 jobs.

From the sound of it, the Michigan job is Sherrone’s if Jim ever does leave, so he can afford to be a little more picky I think.

Same goes for Hartline probably.

In that case I'm definitely waiting that Michigan job out if I'm him.

Jim is definitely going to say or do something that will result in his exit in the next 3-4 years

(or some NFL team will finally hire him away)

Question brought up on one of the FSU boards today:

"What is one player that played for a rival school you can’t help but love?"

Mine were:

Percy Harvin, Reggie Nelson
Sean Taylor, Duke Johnson
Sammy Watkins, Nuke Hopkins, Deshaun Watson

MSU: Charles Rogers (RIP), Denicos Allen

OSU: MH Jr, Braxton, JK

ND: Mayer, Quenton Nelson, Jaylon Smith

I get what you're saying but Northwestern is a better job than Stanford solely because it's in the Big 10. He'll get paid more, NW has better facilities. The worst Big 10 job is better than most Pac-12 jobs.
This is totally irrelevant to the Shaw topic but just to touch on it, I think there’s a misconception around Stanford.

They have REALLY good facilities. REALLY REALLY good. People forget Phil Knight is a Stanford booster too. Their field conditions are *** but Northwestern’s stadium is old as **** too. And a lot of the tech other schools are implementing on the field now, Stanford had first, like the catapult vests, tackling robots, and anti concussion helmets. (I’ll resist from mentioning the roids their guys got before they went to market too.)

The academic recruiting issues were definitely a handicap for Shaw, because while they’d get top 15-20 classes, they were limited in WHO they could take and when, as you pointed out with transfers and also with not taking early entrants. But, while it won’t benefit shaw at all, you should look at their recruiting since Taylor took over. Stanford has largely changed their approach, they’re admitting kids earlier than ever before, and they took 4 transfers last year. This year they’re definitely going to take more, and are currently killing it in recruiting (assuming they hold on to those kids.)

Being in the PAC sucks, but Stanford also isn’t hurting for money at all. They’re one of the wealthiest schools in D1. Shaw was being paid $9M at Stanford (and that’s an older deal) and Fitz was getting what $5M?

This is totally irrelevant to the Shaw topic but just to touch on it, I think there’s a misconception around Stanford.

They have REALLY good facilities. REALLY REALLY good. People forget Phil Knight is a Stanford booster too. Their field conditions are *** but Northwestern’s stadium is old as **** too. And a lot of the tech other schools are implementing on the field now, Stanford had first, like the catapult vests, tackling robots, and anti concussion helmets. (I’ll resist from mentioning the roids their guys got before they went to market too.)

The academic recruiting issues were definitely a handicap for Shaw, because while they’d get top 15-20 classes, they were limited in WHO they could take and when, as you pointed out with transfers and also with not taking early entrants. But, while it won’t benefit shaw at all, you should look at their recruiting since Taylor took over. Stanford has largely changed their approach, they’re admitting kids earlier than ever before, and they took 4 transfers last year. This year they’re definitely going to take more, and are currently killing it in recruiting (assuming they hold on to those kids.)

Being in the PAC sucks, but Stanford also isn’t hurting for money at all. Shaw was being paid $9M at Stanford and Fitz was getting what $5M?

SARMS I’m guessing?

I don’t think most cfb players are on anything too exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom