Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

No Shame In Canelo Losing This Fight.

definitely huge props to him for taking this fight even though i think he thought this was the easier path to the bigger payday but he still fought one of the best in the division

but this might help him as his future opponents might see him as beatable now?

Dont know why Canelo thinks he could just step up another division and win easily instead of staying in his division... props for him taking the challenge but dont see why he would think that would be beneficial for him...benavidez or charlo would be great for his career and might be more realistic for him... i still think he washes triple g.... dont know why that 3rd fight is so hyped and is expected smh

Score cards were a joke. It’s sad that it’s basically an open secret that judges will rig the fight for Canelo. Like Bivol going into this saying he doesn’t care if he wins as long as he feels like he did because of how hard getting a decision against Canelo is. A big part of why I don’t follow boxing like I used to. Glad I caught this L though.

Dont know why Canelo thinks he could just step up another division and win easily instead of staying in his division... props for him taking the challenge but dont see why he would think that would be beneficial for him...benavidez or charlo would be great for his career and might be more realistic for him... i still think he washes triple g.... dont know why that 3rd fight is so hyped and is expected smh
I don’t think he ever thought it’d be easy. Anybody great in any sport always want to challenge themselves.

Score cards were a joke. It’s sad that it’s basically an open secret that judges will rig the fight for Canelo. Like Bivol going into this saying he doesn’t care if he wins as long as he feels like he did because of how hard getting a decision against Canelo is. A big part of why I don’t follow boxing like I used to. Glad I caught this L though.
Bivol won. Forget what the scorecards said. The right man won the fight.

BCF5185E-CAFA-4B1D-8DBD-670925A7234A.jpeg

I mess with Bud but c’mon :lol:

I mean P4P one of those truly arbitrary things but Canelo has to drop in rank after losing a challenge right?

Bivol has to enter somewhere after putting on a clinic like that.

Bump Crawford and Spence up, ink the fight, and the P4P naturally sorts it self out in an ideal world.

I mean P4P one of those truly arbitrary things but Canelo has to drop in rank after losing a challenge right?

Bivol has to enter somewhere after putting on a clinic like that.

Bump Crawford and Spence up, ink the fight, and the P4P naturally sorts it self out in an ideal world.

P4P is relative to your actual weight class, Canelo has fought at 175 twice. I don’t think you should be punished for jumping up a weight class, and challenging yourself.

Boxing clinic last night. I scored it 118-110 with one swing round that could've made it 117-111. The Most surprising thing about the fight was the judges actually giving bivol the decision. I was going to put heavy money on bivol but at +500 but i was sure he wouldnt be able to win a decision. Bivol said years ago that he would beat canelo easily and would even go down to 168 to do it.

I'll keep saying it, the fact that a washed drunk kovalev was out pointing canelo easily with a simple jab should've been a sign of how this fight was going to go against a technician like bivol who is in his physical prime. Canelo is and has always been a product of massive media machine hype. The fact that a fighter with so many close fights and questionable scorecards was being looked as some unbeatable fighter is proof of that. Good fighter though.

This is exactly what the sport needed. Maybe now all the fighters at 160-168 will man up and fight each other instead of waiting to win the canelo sweepstakes

So what's Canelo's natural weight division?

He fought Floyd at 152 and fought this dude at 174

So what's Canelo's natural weight division?

He fought Floyd at 152 and fought this dude at 174

Im not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say middleweight.

He got popped for clenbuterol at 160 so 99.9% sure he didnt make 152 naturally🤷🏿‍♂️

Bivol realized after the first few rounds Canelo couldn't hurt him. It was easy street after that.

Usyk at 201 would've been bad for Canelo. Very bad. :lol:

Bivol would beat canelo in any weight class and even if they were the same natural weight. The same way Errol spence would beat mikey garcia. Oleksandr usyk vs Anthony Joshua, etc. Styles make fights.

Just a few months ago I watched people say canelo would beat beterbiev and also a prime andre ward lol. Kool aid sipping.

Beterbiev would beat canelo into submission and a prime andre ward would 120-108 him. Media hype is a real thing.

They tryna hype Canelo up like he some Mexican legend let alone boxing legend lol.

Canelo ain't sniffing Chavez, DLH, Mayweather, Hagler, Trinidad, or Pacquiao.

Now let's see if Canelo will take on Benavidez, Andrade, or Charlo and fight mfrs his own size. We all know Canelo's 5'9" *** should be at 160-168 tops.

#nbf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom