Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

I hear to many excuses in here for Nelo. Fact is he got worked and if gets a rematch he will get reworked. Imo just stay in 168 and fight the young guys. He will have better success. Or move down to 160.

1652028228455.jpeg
How much did those ringside seats go for?

ESPN got folks thinking Crawford really can hang with the big dogs :lol:

Everybody says Spence hits like a 168 light heavyweight so I dont think he'll have a problem with a bigger slower and predictable Canelo

and some has said canelo hits like a heavyweight :lol: we really gon’ just believe everything said out there?

bud has ko’d 9 out his last 10 fights (9 in a row actually) while spences last 5 fights, 3 were won at the cards, one was split, this is why bud is ranked higher

its funny though, we simply think bud could is the best at 146 but you seem to think spence can beat the top super middle when he hasnt even beaten or has a better resume than the top as his weight class… the dude who couldnt ko mikey garcia, a dude a whole division lower than him?

You know for sure or taking a guess? I would think more because of Canelo and Cinco De Mayo

Yeah this wasn't a good gate for a Canelo Cinco De Mayo weekend fight, they prolly won't release the gate numbers but its prolly more so around a $10 mil gate vs the last 1 vs Plant which was over $18mil. Even all the Vegas hotel prices were a lot lower this past weekend than most other cinco de mayo fight weekends

you think its bivols recognition (or lack thereof) is the culprit of the lower gates?

purses for the fight:

Alvarez has a guaranteed purse of $15 million with a reported cap of $40 million, or 70 percent of PPV sales. For the two fights combined, Alvarez could reportedly earn up to $100 million.

For Bivol's part, the Russian will have a guaranteed purse of $2 million and 30 percent of PPV sales.

I agree with most of your post.

However, its blatantly obvious that hes always avoided the top fighters in and around his weight class, until last night and we saw what happened. Check his resume. This is the first REAL threat that he has fought in his physical prime without any catchweight rules or stipulations attached. I give him all the respect for that.

Hes still a hype job though.

I'd argue Billy Joe Saunders was considered a top fighter before he fought Canelo. Undefeated, always considered to have great movement, and was evasive. Things that people thought would give Canelo problems, and they did until Canelo broke him down.

you think its bivols recognition (or lack thereof) is the culprit of the lower gates?

purses for the fight:

Alvarez has a guaranteed purse of $15 million with a reported cap of $40 million, or 70 percent of PPV sales. For the two fights combined, Alvarez could reportedly earn up to $100 million.

For Bivol's part, the Russian will have a guaranteed purse of $2 million and 30 percent of PPV sales.

I think its a combination of Bivol being only known by hardcore boxing fans and also Hearn not doing the best promoting in American market. Those purse numbers are from misinformation sites that are generated by algorithms btw. Canelo's guarantee is WAY higher than $15 mil or he wouldn't have signed with DAZN again

i dont think his confidence is going to waiver either, it was shutout in our eyes but his reaction after the fight looked like he felt he won plus he already has the vegan excuse, its gon' be all carne asada from now on :lol:

That was a total act :lol: He knew he lost, even with the judges in his pocket. He was frustrated allllll fight, and even almost suplexed Bivol lol.

and some has said canelo hits like a heavyweight :lol: we really gon’ just believe everything said out there?

bud has ko’d 9 out his last 10 fights (9 in a row actually) while spences last 5 fights, 3 were won at the cards, one was split, this is why bud is ranked higher

its funny though, we simply think bud could is the best at 146 but you seem to think spence can beat the top super middle when he hasnt even beaten or has a better resume than the top as his weight class… the dude who couldnt ko mikey garcia, a dude a whole division lower than him?
Crazy ain't it lmaoo? I just let people talk nowadays🤷🏿‍♂️😭

Spence isn't going for KOs

The man tells yall all the time Sugar Ray Leonard is his favorite fighter and Sugar Ray wasn't a knockout artist

Errol's people understand he's coming back from a near life ending car accident and a major eye surgery so lets be an intelligent fighter and make MF'ers decide if they wanna keep taking these body blows in rounds 10-12

Go watch Tyson vs Spinks and watch how Spinks crumbles like a pound cake when he was on the ropes and Tyson hit him with that body blow

Errol on a different level

Spence isn't going for KOs

Spence has been stopping the majority of his opponents in recent years, and he aims to continue his knockout streak with Garcia.

"If you know me and you know my boxing style, you know I'm never in a boring fight. Even if it's just me beating up my opponent, or them just being hurt, I'm always going to try to stop my opponent and put on a spectacular performance," Spence said.

on why he couldnt ko mikey right out of the horses mouth

“Even the Mikey Garcia, I beat him all 12 rounds and I won every round. but the power wasn’t there. I should’ve finished him but the power wasn’t there because I was trying so hard to make weight. ”

spence clearly said he couldnt ko him but he definitely wanted to and tried

this bs that dude wasnt going for KOs and wanted to show off his skills is nonsense :lol: mikeys a smaller dude and couldnt take him out

and if we're gon' believe excuses, mikey stated he was sick coming into that fight and still spence couldnt ko him:

Garcia informed the world late Sunday evening that he was sick leading up to his March 2019 title bout against current unified welterweight titleholder Errol Spence Jr., who landed a career-high 345 punches en route to a shutout 12-round unanimous decision over the previously unbeaten fighter.

The 33-year-old posted a medical document from MedSpring Urgent Care, in Dallas, revealing that he was battling a sore throat and a 101.9-degree fever just days before he stepped into the ring against Spence.

“No excuses but just an FYI, a win over a sick lightweight [shouldn’t] be your biggest victory,” he stated on Instagram.

Last edited:
Crawford is a PROBLEM. Spence gonna be in for something he ain't ever tasted before.

tbqh, best fight at welter imo is Bud vs Boots

Spence has been stopping the majority of his opponents in recent years, and he aims to continue his knockout streak with Garcia.

"If you know me and you know my boxing style, you know I'm never in a boring fight. Even if it's just me beating up my opponent, or them just being hurt, I'm always going to try to stop my opponent and put on a spectacular performance," Spence said.

on why he couldnt ko mikey right out of the horses mouth

“Even the Mikey Garcia, I beat him all 12 rounds and I won every round. but the power wasn’t there. I should’ve finished him but the power wasn’t there because I was trying so hard to make weight. ”

spence clearly said he couldnt ko him but he definitely wanted to and tried

this bs that dude wasnt going for KOs and wanted to show off his skills is nonsense :lol: mikeys a smaller dude and couldnt take him out

and if we're gon' believe excuses, mikey stated he was sick coming into that fight and still spence couldnt ko him:

Garcia informed the world late Sunday evening that he was sick leading up to his March 2019 title bout against current unified welterweight titleholder Errol Spence Jr., who landed a career-high 345 punches en route to a shutout 12-round unanimous decision over the previously unbeaten fighter.

The 33-year-old posted a medical document from MedSpring Urgent Care, in Dallas, revealing that he was battling a sore throat and a 101.9-degree fever just days before he stepped into the ring against Spence.

“No excuses but just an FYI, a win over a sick lightweight [shouldn’t] be your biggest victory,” he stated on Instagram.
Whats the point of posting post fight interview quotes from a fight that happened before the wreck and before the eye surgery?

His trainers and his dad have forced him to commit to using his jab and destroying his opponents rib cages and breaking orbital bones

Whats the point of posting post fight interview quotes from a fight that happened before the wreck and before the eye surgery?

His trainers and his dad have forced him to commit to using his jab and destroying his opponents rib cages and breaking orbital bones

we were talking about not being able to KO mikey

you said spence wasnt going for KO

i posted proof that he was going for a KO and failed

thats the point

he couldnt even KO a smaller guy before the accident when he was 100% and no injury to his body, that says more than if he couldnt KO mikey after the accident

its a ridiculous notion, so he accidentally took out Ugas early?

i cant even believe this is a boxing argument, dont wanna KO the opponent and risk get KOd yourself with a lucky shot or get hurt or add unnecessary mileage and damage to your body

i think charlo takes it but im like 60/40 on it

just seems like charlo could go up another level but castano is probably capped off?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom