Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

Screenshot_20221021-144156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221021-144156_Chrome.jpg

Let's stop falling for the Okey Doke fellas. If there was no budget for the fight in january, what changed now?

Wheres the evidence that its crawfords fault that the fight didnt get made?

All I see is a dude that's moving on with his career and not wasting time.

Now let's look at the pbc track record of NOT making the best fights possible. Is crawford supposed to join the majority of pbc fighters who are either inactive and fighting once a year if that all because hes waiting on a soence fight which will never happen and was never going to happen all along simply because haymon and or whoever controls his career doesnt believe he can beat crawford?

Everyone knows that this ISNT a big money fight and is going and wont be profitable. The PBC budget dried up YEARS ago. Anyone who isnt seeing this will be tricked into believing crawford is to blame. Is he supposed to just go along with whatever the contract says just to make the fight happen to make us happy lol? Are we forgetting that less than a year ago, Tim Smith admitted that the fight isnt happening because there is no budget for it?????? Are we going to convienently forget that just to blame crawford, and not al haymon for blowing through the budget because he doesnt know what hes doing and never did lol?

If errol spence and terence crawford were both signed to top rank, (the same top rank ran by the man everyone hates but always seems to make the best fights happen), then this fight wouldve happened years ago and they probably would've fought twice maybe even 3 times by now. But errol is stuck in that PBC contract where he has no say in anything in his career where his boss ran through the money and cant even afford to pay fighter purses which is why dudes are inactive over there. Adrien Broner might be a joke in and out of the ring, but listen to the dude when he speaks. He hasnt just been going off on random rants about PBC for the past few years for no reason. But hey let's just ignore these facts and blame bud🤷🏿‍♂️

Everything is conjecture without knowing the contract specifics, that's the problem, no one knows unless someone spills the beans. From the outside looking in it looks like Crawford is the one who has a problem with the terms, I say this because he already had a fight lined up instead of pursuing this one.

The question is which of these 2 scenarios is it? Does Crawford think he's worth more than what they are offering and the pay is too low in his eyes? Or are the terms too one sided and they are low balling Crawford? Remember that Crawford did 135k buys vs Spence's 240k in each of their last fights.

This situation is why I'm always in favor of doing 40/40 split with the winner getting the other 20% and better terms for a rematch in these type of fights.

Everything is conjecture without knowing the contract specifics, that's the problem, no one knows unless someone spills the beans. From the outside looking in it looks like Crawford is the one who has a problem with the terms, I say this because he already had a fight lined up instead of pursuing this one.

The question is which of these 2 scenarios is it? Does Crawford think he's worth more than what they are offering and the pay is too low in his eyes? Or are the terms too one sided and they are low balling Crawford? Remember that Crawford did 135k buys vs Spence's 240k in each of their last fights.

This situation is why I'm always in favor of doing 40/40 split with the winner getting the other 20% and better terms for a rematch in these type of fights.

Man it doesnt take that long to negotiate a fight if two sides REALLY want to get a fight made. I couldnt care less about their past ppv numbers. Neither fighter is a ppv draw regardless of what the numbers say. Crawford said he spoke to haymon about the fight since JUNE AND agreed to ALL of the terms for the fight including the split. How can people criticize a dude from announcing a different fight in october lol? I'll ask again, is he supposed to just sit and wait around for **** to start moving like the rest of the PBC roster? Hes 35. Hes been persuing the fight since 2018 while errol ain't been in a hurry Perdue anything besides overmatched pbc fighters.

Notice Errol spence has said nothing about the terms of the fight. Why? Because he doesnt even know the terms of the fight because hes in the PBC deal where all he does is fight and control nothing. But hey let's keep blaming Bud for this.

Last edited:
Man it doesnt take that long to negotiate a fight if two sides REALLY want to get a fight made. I couldnt care less about their past ppv numbers. Neither fighter is a ppv draw regardless of what the numbers say. Crawford said he spoke to haymon about the fight since JUNE AND agreed to ALL of the terms for the fight including the split. How can people criticize a dude from announcing a different fight in october lol? I'll ask again, is he supposed to just sit and wait around for **** to start moving like the rest of the PBC roster? Hes 35. Hes been persuing the fight since 2018 while errol ain't been in a hurry Perdue anything besides overmatched pbc fighters.

Notice Errol spence has said nothing about the terms of the fight. Why? Because he doesnt even know the terms of the fight because hes in the PBC deal where all he does is fight and control nothing. But hey let's keep blaming Bud for this.

Why was the fight not announced then if he was ready to go? Crawford says this, Spence says Crawford is dragging his feet and is waiting on him in a previous tweet.

You said facts, all of this is conjecture with no backing. It's all he said, she said until someone shows an email/text message/contract. No one knows the terms, no one knows which side has agreed and which side hasn't. So either one side is lying or they are working together to create drama and sell this fight in the future. I'm unbiased enough to recognize it could be any of those.

i got no dog in the fight and just want to see this get done

but from previous reports is that bud actually agreed to take less with getting a net revenue and no split but haymon didnt want to show him the numbers on expense and the books

IF TRUE then i cant blame bud for not signing, if i am only getting a percentage but you’re not going to tell me what percentage is based from then im definitely gon’ feel like i am being ripped off

i blame haymon for that kind of shenanigans but i think these fighters maybe needs to just get on the phone or talk in person and so bud could explain his side and what haymon is doing then spence can for haymon to get over himself

i dont know how this fights going to get done outside of both boxers just forcing their promoters hand

i got no dog in the fight and just want to see this get done

but from previous reports is that bud actually agreed to take less with getting a net revenue and no split but haymon didnt want to show him the numbers on expense and the books

IF TRUE then i cant blame bud for not signing, if i am only getting a percentage but you’re not going to tell me what percentage is based from then im definitely gon’ feel like i am being ripped off

i blame haymon for that kind of shenanigans but i think these fighters maybe needs to just get on the phone or talk in person and so bud could explain his side and what haymon is doing then spence can for haymon to get over himself

i dont know how this fights going to get done outside of both boxers just forcing their promoters hand

Finally someone here understands what's going on.

The fight ain't happening. Ever. Theres no money in the fight and Errol is the underdog. Why would haymon sign Errol up to lose his titles? Like I said all you have to do is look at the history of how things are done over there. From floyd waiting manny out for 7 years, to wilder not being allowed to fight an undefeated AJ all to hand pick a Fury they thought was compromised. A plan that backfired.

At this point I think Spence moves up and they position him to fight Mell eventually, and Bud probably signs a deal with DAZN so they can build towards a Ortiz fight.

These two are never going to fight, the money to make both sides happy clearly isn’t there.

Predicted it in july

he is also saying it will happen in February and floyd said weeks ago it wouldnt happen till next year

my thing is PBC pretty much told crawford to come to there side and the fight could be made and nothing. hell haymon doesn’t even let his top guys fight each other that should tell you everything you need to know.

For Lulz And Entertainment It Would Be Comical If Crawford Takes An L In This Fight On Black Lives Matter Network.

Back
Top Bottom