OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

We're Only getting 2 colorways?

Animals for next year

OGs via IG
1ABEFDFC-D0F4-4364-9064-9E8EDC7DB72C.jpeg

Definitely looking forward to getting these at discount lol

Hoping for the ASGs though.

1668522362956.png

Popped into FCNY the other day. Original bday PEs and ASGs. Can't believe how well-preserved and clean both are, would definitely have expected some yellowing on the ASGs.
They'll probably crumble as you take your first steps in them.
I dont trust sneakers that are 10+ years old, regardless of condition.

I'm pretty sure lebron 2s have phylon foam, which doesn't crumble. I'd bet the zoom bags would deflate and obviously the glue is deteriorated which will lead to separation. Not sure if the plastic encasing the zoom bags would crack, very possible. Idk why y'all talkin like I bought both pairs and put em on foot :lol: I said well preserved, not wearable, just sharing a couple OG gems.

Results will vary depending on a lot of variables like how many wears, storage, humidity, among other things. I remember there was a whole "is this wearable" section on ISS. But in my personal experience and observations, and if it'll help y'all:

Glue will start to wear out around 10-12 years, causing separation
Polyurethane midsoles (jordan 2-6, 8, 9; air max 1, 90; air tech challenge; countless others) will start to crumble around 12-15 years
Encapsulated air units in af1, jordan 1 will start to deteriorate after about 15 years
Zoom bags like in SB insoles or OG 12s will deflate after about 15 years
Plastic pieces like on jordan 7 and 12 will start to crack within about 12-15 years
Don't think I've ever seen phylon (jordan 7, 10-12; many late 90s and 2000s nike bball shoes) crumble but the air units inside might deteriorate leading to other discomfort

Last edited:
I hear yall man on older sneakers. I just sold my Foamposite max a week ago from 2011. I wanted to keep them but sneakers over 11+ years I can't hold on to.
Im having the same dilemma on my silver joints.. they so crispy but i know they’re gonna fall apart soon. Wanna sell em but dont. Ughh lol

I'm pretty sure lebron 2s have phylon foam, which doesn't crumble. I'd bet the zoom bags would deflate and obviously the glue is deteriorated which will lead to separation. Not sure if the plastic encasing the zoom bags would crack, very possible. Idk why y'all talkin like I bought both pairs and put em on foot :lol: I said well preserved, not wearable, just sharing a couple OG gems.

Results will vary depending on a lot of variables like how many wears, storage, humidity, among other things. I remember there was a whole "is this wearable" section on ISS. But in my personal experience and observations, and if it'll help y'all:

Glue will start to wear out around 10-12 years, causing separation
Polyurethane midsoles (jordan 2-6, 8, 9; air max 1, 90; air tech challenge; countless others) will start to crumble around 12-15 years
Encapsulated air units in af1, jordan 1 will start to deteriorate after about 15 years
Zoom bags like in SB insoles or OG 12s will deflate after about 15 years
Plastic pieces like on jordan 7 and 12 will start to crack within about 12-15 years
Don't think I've ever seen phylon (jordan 7, 10-12; many late 90s and 2000s nike bball shoes) crumble but the air units inside might deteriorate leading to other discomfort

I'm not referring to foam. There are plastic-like pieces along the midsole. I have three pairs of OGs in my closet. If I wore them outside and legit walked around, I'd take a chance on some cracking.

Copped the navys for 156 shipped. Thanks fam

5days for my order to be processed ? I paid on 11/10 , PayPal says 11/15 payment was processed. I haven't gotten an email from the site. Some weird stuff happening with kicks lounge

Back
Top Bottom