• USA

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still not sure why they changed the offside rule. It used to be where your feet were, not the entire body. If it were based on position of feet, neither of these would've been offsides.
that makes it controversial. does it only happen on WC? because if this thing happens on any other tourney, these wouldn't be called.

She's not even from there though...weird behavior :lol:>D

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh has been continuing to throw passive aggressive shots and sarcasm for a week now to disprove the general sentiment throughout football fans. He thinks that rooting for a team to win means that everyone has to be out in the streets celebrating and dancing for them (which some people are doing, as shown below)

Here's an article of rival North Africans, Arabs, and Africans in general rooting for the Moroccan national team despite having political conflict with Morocco:

https://yen.com.gh/world/africa/224436-morocco-wins-africa-support-world-cup-clash-france/

Sultani is one of many Tunisians supporting the team -- with little regard for a diplomatic stand-off between their two governments over the disputed Western Sahara territory.

"The countries of this region can't compete with France economically, militarily or geopolitically," Jouili said. "But they can stand up to France for 90 minutes on a football pitch and even beat it," he said, alluding to Tunisia's victory over France during the group stages.

"Political problems end when the match starts," said Tunis lemon merchant Hamza Ayari, aged 35. "What's important is to see the Arab team win".

In Senegal, Rabat is often accused of abuses against African migrants who travel north through Morocco on the way to Europe. But Senegalese President Macky Sall -- who also heads the African Union -- hailed the team's "historic" qualification for the semi-final.

Civil society figure Alioune Tine also urged Senegalese to support the team and hang out Moroccan flags. "Bringing the World Cup to Africa is now close to reality," he wrote on Twitter.

In Nigeria, national star Jay-Jay Okacha, who used to play for Paris Saint Germain, said that "the French team are dominated by players who have their roots in Africa, but Africa will be solidly behind Morocco to go past them and get to the World Cup final".

That sentiment reaches even as far as South Africa, which failed to get beyond the group stages when it hosted the tournament in 2010.

"I've become a big supporter of the Lions of the Atlas," said young fan Monthati Molosankwein in Johannesburg. "Even if they only have a slim chance against the title-holders France, nothing is impossible".

Still not sure why they changed the offside rule. It used to be where your feet were, not the entire body. If it were based on position of feet, neither of these would've been offsides.
technically it’s not entire body now just any body part that can legally play the ball if that’s offside or not . It’s why we see all these lines being drawn at the shoulder

20221214_124327.jpg

:lol:

Not really :lol:, they just played a high line defence to perfection and kept trapping Argetina offside extremely effectively.

They'll be showing coaches that example in the future when there's courses on high lines and offside traps, **** was textbook
a bit of good fortune too
martinez timing was terrible that match

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh has been continuing to throw passive aggressive shots and sarcasm for a week now to disprove the general sentiment throughout football fans. He thinks that rooting for a team to win means that everyone has to be out in the streets celebrating and dancing for them (which some people are doing, as shown below)

Here's an article of rival North Africans, Arabs, and Africans in general rooting for the Moroccan national team despite having political conflict with Morocco:

https://yen.com.gh/world/africa/224436-morocco-wins-africa-support-world-cup-clash-france/

Sultani is one of many Tunisians supporting the team -- with little regard for a diplomatic stand-off between their two governments over the disputed Western Sahara territory.

"The countries of this region can't compete with France economically, militarily or geopolitically," Jouili said. "But they can stand up to France for 90 minutes on a football pitch and even beat it," he said, alluding to Tunisia's victory over France during the group stages.

"Political problems end when the match starts," said Tunis lemon merchant Hamza Ayari, aged 35. "What's important is to see the Arab team win".

In Senegal, Rabat is often accused of abuses against African migrants who travel north through Morocco on the way to Europe. But Senegalese President Macky Sall -- who also heads the African Union -- hailed the team's "historic" qualification for the semi-final.

Civil society figure Alioune Tine also urged Senegalese to support the team and hang out Moroccan flags. "Bringing the World Cup to Africa is now close to reality," he wrote on Twitter.

In Nigeria, national star Jay-Jay Okacha, who used to play for Paris Saint Germain, said that "the French team are dominated by players who have their roots in Africa, but Africa will be solidly behind Morocco to go past them and get to the World Cup final".

That sentiment reaches even as far as South Africa, which failed to get beyond the group stages when it hosted the tournament in 2010.

"I've become a big supporter of the Lions of the Atlas," said young fan Monthati Molosankwein in Johannesburg. "Even if they only have a slim chance against the title-holders France, nothing is impossible".

theres no argument
not sure why yall entertained that so much
not debating anything with people who dont watch football

whole board is filled with people who root for other countries.

theres no argument
not sure why yall entertained that so much
not debating anything with people who dont watch football

whole board is filled with people who root for other countries.

Yeah we were getting Osh'd as usual. Dude really tried to tell me what people in my own ancestral countries think and feel, and then when I proved him wrong, he just dismissed the entire World Cup as pointless.

Let's be clear, I did not say it was impossible for *insert african* to be rooting for Morocco for *insert reason*.

I said I found it highly unlikely that the general west, east, south african feel a real sense of identity and representation from Morocco
and that is driving the african rooting interest.
Morocco is a crazy underdog story, I imagine many people will be rooting for them because of this.

but to say that Africans auto rooting for Moroco out of a sense of landmass loyalty
is honestly a bit insulting, and reductive.

it's like when when non africans think africa is a country instead of a continent.

it's a giant continent with really big regional diversity, nobody thinks that europeans are rooting for France out of euro solidarity.
why would people expect the same from africans?

There are a variety of reasons and african might root for morroco,
but where I am, nobody really cares that much beyond hard core soccer fans.

but if that was Ghanna, Cameroon, South Africa, it would be a giant deal with my community.
and youd have more than that lil 30 person parade in that video. :rofl:

Yeah we were getting Osh'd as usual. Dude really tried to tell me what people in my own ancestral countries think and feel, and then when I proved him wrong, he just dismissed the entire World Cup as pointless.

what on earth are you babbling about?
I didn't do anything of the sort.

and this is rich coming from a dude trying to tell me what Nigerians thinks and feel.

get a grip.

I feel like offsides should be your feet or your shoulders which ever is applicable

Also kinda been thinking who ever wins the penalty should take it

There was something else too but I forget 🤔

also let's be clear about this article you posted.

You have quoted a Tunisian (North Africa)
Statement Algerian (North Africa)
and Senegalese government official.
A nigerian soccer player
and a South African.

You have a sample size of THREE sub saharan african people
and a lil parade of 30 people and unless you are a mind reader, you have no clue if they feel that Morocco represents them

and you have decided this makes you correct. :rofl:

this is absurd,

I'm not claiming to have some clairvoyant knowledge of all africans, im giving my anecdotal experience and feelings.
Im sorry im not going to susbstitue that for 3 africans and lil parade

I know more than 3 africans and nobody gives a **** about morocco beyond the underdog status. :lol:

Im torn.
My rooting flow chart says root for france as they more black africans.

but morocco is a huge underdog and it would be a big upset.
but if I have to listen to "morroco represents africa" talk for another 90mins I might go crazy

decisions, decisions. 🤔

Kylian allez. Time to let the world know what time it is.

Morocco can't win simply because they will be sent to slaughter by these crooked referees in the final. We know how they get down against African teams.

Back
Top Bottom