OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Allow one transfer no penalty, anything after that (barring an unforeseen circumstance) make ‘em sit.

I think both kids in question have valid arguments. The Walker kid never even played at his first school (Covid season cancellation), then went to KSU where he played and then transferred to UNC. Jackson is transferring to be closer to a sick parent (though I will say he hadn't done himself any favors).

Both kids also transferred before the new rulings came down from the NCAA where they were going to be more stringent on 2x non GT transfers

Dialing up the Johnny Football doc right now...

This ****in kid and his demons, man... :smh: :smh:

I think both kids in question have valid arguments. The Walker kid never even played at his first school (Covid season cancellation), then went to KSU where he played and then transferred to UNC. Jackson is transferring to be closer to a sick parent (though I will say he hadn't done himself any favors).

Both kids also transferred before the new rulings came down from the NCAA where they were going to be more stringent on 2x non GT transfers
We both know that Jackson argument was BS :lol:. Cory Fuller tampered to get him to transfer and play with his boy. Not denying that his mom is sick, but the fact that he was legit on the verge of transferring BACK to Miami. No way in hell should they have granted his.

If a coach or any member of the staff can leave with no penalty, why would it make any sense to penalize the athlete that wants to transfer?
Agree with this logic generally (though coaches may have different contractual obligations where they’re required to get bought out of deals, etc), but the NCAA’s argument is obviously that you don’t want student athletes transferring every year because presumably you would have a lower chance of ending up with a degree. And in a NIL world, new boosters will just be throwing you money to jump around after each season. Not saying that I agree with it completely, but that’s definitely the foundation of an argument. Being granted a free transfer after a HC change on top of another free transfer seems pretty fair IMO.

Adding 3 is random, might as well go for 4 or better so those schools out west can at least have a month stretch of reasonable travel before they make the cross country trips

It’s all a numbers game anyway, since some schools bound to leave the ACC minus well have extra replacements

might as well have unlimited transferring. The sport will never be the same and to have that rule seems silly.

Blow it up

might as well have unlimited transferring. The sport will never be the same and to have that rule seems silly.

Blow it up
And not only do we know the NCAA is too incompetent to enforce anything the right way, they barely are relevant in anything going on :lol: …Players, coaches, schools already moving however they want

Man Clemson, FSU, and Miami better get outta there :lol:

The only school actively trying to get out right now it sounds like is FSU and their gameplan that I’ve seen is to raise money via private equity to front the buy out from the grant of rights.

dacomeup dacomeup can speak on Miami and what they’re up to better.

But it does sound like the GOR is a hindrance.

The only school actively trying to get out right now it sounds like is FSU and their gameplan that I’ve seen is to raise money via private equity to front the buy out from the grant of rights.

dacomeup dacomeup can speak on Miami and what they’re up to better.

But it does sound like the GOR is a hindrance.
Oh I don’t know ****. :lol: Outside of the obvious that there are several teams working on their next move behind closed doors. FSU is just the loudest one

Saudi Methodist Universty

make-it.gif

That Texas oil money too real mane

The only SMU fans I know are people that actually attended SMU or live in the ritzy neighborhood that SMU is in.

They Probly see where all this is going …3 or 4 super conferences and wanna take the gamble the ACC can hold it together instead of being completely left out
They can afford to float a few years to find out.

Well worth the gamble to MAYBE have a seat for the future.

They’ve been trying for years and the Big Xii stonewalled them.

Back
Top Bottom