OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems like it's been a back and forth battle for months now. Georgia was in the lead for a while, then Ohio State, then Georgia was in the driver's seat again and now Florida State and Auburn are in it. According to Steve Wilfong it seems like FSU might be the pick.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I've seen so many schools feel so good about their opportunity to sign a prospect. Either none of these writers have a good read on things or KJ's team is telling everyone what they want to hear.

I hope Georgia gets him but we don't need him as badly as Florida State or Auburn. We'll see

I’ve been hearing FSU since late June, but I never believed it. And I’m still up in the air on that. Kirby has been after this kid as a cornerstone piece in the ‘24 class for a while now and with the way they’re rolling I find it hard to go against that

Kid is playing his recruitment perfectly

Last edited:
I had to dig in the crates for this one. In defense of extending Larry Scott:

Good for KJ. He mentioned that Florida State was his dream school so I'm happy to see a young man fulfill a lifelong dream of his.

That being said, I have a feeling that this isn't over. Schools are going to continue to recruit KJ and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes down to signing day.

Delusional.

Capture.PNG

Delusional.

Capture.PNG
But there’s the optimistic argument that in what’s probably going to be the best PAC 12 season in 20+ years, and maybe ever, you could in theory have 4-5 teams in the playoff race and 4 Heisman candidates in a fun offensive league and the PAC is the most TV appealing conference going into the postseason.

Where it gets delusional is the MLS with Messi as a draw JUST hit 1M subscribers. 1.7M subscribers for the PAC is possible but Kliavkoff was banking on the 10 non LA schools and college football being 5x more attractive than the MLS (a national product) with Messi. Ehhhh… very doubtful.

That said, Oregon, Washington, and Stanford all have larger TV viewerships than any other team in the Big 12. Those 3 schools alone I believe would almost equal the Big 12. Why then is the Big 12 getting tv offers $100M larger than the PAC? In theory Kliavkoff was right in asking for more than the BXII.

I think his miscalculation was not realizing Fox and ESPN were plotting to kill off the PAC.

Last edited:
Good for KJ. He mentioned that Florida State was his dream school so I'm happy to see a young man fulfill a lifelong dream of his.

That being said, I have a feeling that this isn't over. Schools are going to continue to recruit KJ and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes down to signing day.

Yeah. And probably wanted to start immediately instead of having to wait his turn

Where it gets delusional is the MLS with Messi as a draw JUST hit 1M subscribers. 1.7M subscribers for the PAC is possible but Kliavkoff was banking on the 10 non LA schools and college football being 5x more attractive than the MLS (a national product) with Messi. Ehhhh… very doubtful.
Virtually impossible. MLS hit those numbers worldwide. That’s not a US figure.

Nothing would surprise me with what is being “promised” and what is being delivered… And I’m sure he has people in his life that are giving absolutely awful advice

I went to BRO and apparently the rumor is true. But they’re saying it’s more so that the moore camp is being resistant to work/appearance requirements to receive nil so he hasn’t been getting all of it.

Back
Top Bottom