OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s gonna be some cannibalization across those top 3 teams pretty soon but it’s definitely a possibility.
With the likes of Oregon, UW, USC and Utah playing each other in the next month some of those teams could have 2 losses by end of October. WSU also seems like a dark horse in the division. Hard to see a 2 loss team making the playoff. But if a 2 loss Pac 12 team was to win the conf championship over a 1 loss team things could get interesting.

Also, could we possibly have 2 PAC teams in the playoff? :nerd:
There’s gonna be some cannibalization across those top 3 teams pretty soon but it’s definitely a possibility.

Naw.

Colorado lost 1 game badly and got dropped out of the poll completely. USC won a road game that they led the entire way by only 2 TDs and they got dropped 3 spots. Meanwhile Florida got put back into the top 25 after beating Charlotte 22-7. Ole Miss is ranked!

The PAC just isn't respected by any media. They'll be punished for those losses like USC was for losing the conference championship while SEC teams will be rewarded for good losses against other SEC teams. No chance two PAC teams get in. The 2nd place pac team will be jumped by the 2nd place SEC team.

Naw.

Colorado lost 1 game badly and got dropped out of the poll completely. USC won a road game that they led the entire way by only 2 TDs and they got dropped 3 spots. Meanwhile Florida got put back into the top 25 after beating Charlotte 22-7. Ole Miss is ranked!

The PAC just isn't respected by any media. They'll be punished for those losses like USC was for losing the conference championship while SEC teams will be rewarded for good losses against other SEC teams. No chance two PAC teams get in. The 2nd place pac team will be jumped by the 2nd place SEC team.
Colorado was down 5 TDs at the half after needing 2OTs to beat Colorado State :lol:. They had more eyes on them than anyone in the country, so I don’t think that’s a good example. Agree on the Florida point though, but they beat a Top 10(ish?) Tennessee last week, so I don’t think only bringing up the unimpressive Charlotte performance is fair.

It’s way too early to talk about what the second place SEC team is going to be because that could be a 2 or 3 L team at this rate.

Colorado was down 5 TDs at the half after needing 2OTs to beat Colorado State :lol:. They had more eyes on them than anyone in the country, so I don’t think that’s a good example. Agree on the Florida point though, but they beat a Top 10(ish?) Tennessee last week, so I don’t think only bringing up the unimpressive Charlotte performance is fair.

It’s way too early to talk about what the second place SEC team is going to be because that could be a 2 or 3 L team at this rate.

Yeah and if you look Oregon only moved up 1 spot after doing that to Colorado so it shows what they really thought of Colorado. As for USC dropping, I think it’s a combination of them not looking dominant and the teams behind them having better wins. They didn’t look bad but they didn’t put up their usual amount of points that we have seen which goes to show scoring like that is a gift and a curse, trust me anytime OSU had a low scoring game last year you’d think they lost. OSU moved up because they had a top ten win (though I don’t think they’re the 4th best team in the nation, I still think 8-10). Washington looked great and Penn State shut out a (at the time) top 25 Iowa team even though we all know they were overrated.

I think if Washington, USC, and Oregon all win against each other and finish with 1 loss (a close respectable loss) you could see two PAC teams in. Then again, you always have to factor in what the rest of the country does

Got tickets from a college buddy for the usc game this weekend. :smokin

The catch is both of my kids gotta come along… looks like I’ll be spending most of the game in the practice field facility next to the stadium supervising my kids on the bounce houses.
You’re going to enjoy watching the 2nd half from your couch.

I saw Dylan Morris is still on your roster and the backup. That’s reassuring.
And he has another year left
sadcam.png

Naw.

Florida got put back in the top 25 after beating Tennessee, no? They moved up a spot (undeservedly) after an embarrassing win over Charlotte.

All of this is standard trash talk all around. Colorado players were confident going into a big road game and showed it before the game and Oregon fired right back.

This coach Prime story is so funny because it's bringing people who don't usually watch or cover college football to the court and they are saying some outrageous things. Richard Sherman said that Dan Lanning was jealous and that's why he gave that pre-game speech and then subsequently beat Colorado so bad. 🤣

Dan is just coaching and motivating his team. Have you seen some of the things Kirby Smart says before games?

I also think the persecution complex that Deion Sanders debating is pretty lame. I don't get this whole "everybody is jealous and hating us while we are sitting here quietly in the corner not talking trash about anybody else"

Colorado's players are talking trash too (which is totally fine) and opposing coaches and players are doing the same. Teams are just going out there and trying to win games. No one is trying to give Colorado a uniquely bad a** kicking.

Last edited:
Imagine doing everything you can to draw attention to yourself and then whining that teams are trying to beat you :lol:. That’s definitely some loser blood ****. If you’re going to do all the extra ****, then stand behind it when it inevitably hits a bump in the road too.

Imagine doing everything you can to draw attention to yourself and then whining that teams are trying to beat you :lol:. That’s definitely some loser blood ****. If you’re going to do all the extra ****, then stand behind it when it inevitably hits a bump in the road too.

I love the Deion apologists who are so hurt over the loss and Lannings speech as if Colorado hasn’t been making every week “personal”. It’s okay for them to do the theatrics but when another team does it and washes em it’s no fair. A true example of “f*ck around and find out”

Back
Top Bottom