OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the Deion apologists who are so hurt over the loss and Lannings speech as if Colorado hasn’t been making every week “personal”. It’s okay for them to do the theatrics but when another team does it and washes em it’s no fair. A true example of “f*ck around and find out”

💯💯💯

I've been watching football for a long time but this is the first time I've ever heard people say "the opposing team is trying to dominate because they are jealous".🤣

Every team is trying to dominate and send a message every single week. Colorado tries to dominate and send a message whenever they go out and play but when it happens to Deion it means everyone is jealous and hating.

Tosh Lupoi is a notorious **** talker. He talks about other coaches all the time. Lanning throws subs regularly also. So this “more mature culture” thing they’re pushing is jokes. They’re just not as funny as Deion so no one prints their ****.

All of this is standard trash talk all around. Colorado players were confident going into a big road game and showed it before the game and Oregon fired right back.

This coach Prime story is so funny because it's bringing people who don't usually watch or cover college football to the court and they are saying some outrageous things. Richard Sherman said that Dan Lanning was jealous and that's why he gave that pre-game speech and then subsequently beat Colorado so bad. 🤣

Dan is just coaching and motivating his team. Have you seen some of the things Kirby Smart says before games?

I also think the persecution complex that Deion Sanders debating is pretty lame. I don't get this whole "everybody is jealous and hating us while we are sitting here quietly in the corner not talking trash about anybody else"

Colorado's players are talking trash too (which is totally fine) and opposing coaches and players are doing the same. Teams are just going out there and trying to win games. No one is trying to give Colorado a uniquely bad a** kicking.

Imagine doing everything you can to draw attention to yourself and then whining that teams are trying to beat you :lol:. That’s definitely some loser blood ****. If you’re going to do all the extra ****, then stand behind it when it inevitably hits a bump in the road too.

Bud Elliot made a good point:

Colorado is a 1-11 team from a year ago that will go 7-5/8-4 this year. But with all the extra **** around the program they’re being treated like a marquee matchup for every single team on their schedule regardless of their record.

The result is they’re going to get the blue blood treatment teams like Bama, Ohio State, SC, Michigan, Texas etc. experience where any opponent they face they’re going to get their best shot. The other teams on this list are used to that, it comes with the territory, but Colorado (and this is true of 7-5 8-4 teams in general) is not used to or built for taking every opponents best shot week after week. They don’t have the depth in the roster for it. Teams are sharing gameplans, teams are looking ahead to their matchup vs you? This is what the CU coaches asked for.

They’re not going to benefit from catching someone sleeping like most mid teams do. Maybe the TCU game was that, but every opponent they’ve faced since then will give them their best.

I love Prime. I got the shoes and the jerseys. Hell, he the reason why I played football and specifically corner but he gassing up his kids to write checks they can't cash. Guys talk trash and to play football at a high level you have to have that dawg mentality in you but Shiloh, come on bro you wilin' for that pregame foolishness. CU coming out and stomping on the O. You don't need to do all that. Just come out and play ball.

I'm an old, washed guy so I just don't understand all of the foolishness and theatrics but if I was that age and it was all about clicks and social media hype I would be doing the same thing.

On the 247 recruiting podcast today Andrew Ivins and Cooper seem to imply that the reason Cormani McClain isn't playing is character / maturity issues. I've never heard this before although I do remember him having a crazy recruitment.

Ya'll doing a lot of overthinking with Deion and Colorado. The hate was gonna come whether they talked or not. A black coach and a black QB in college football in gonna come with some extra talk. Especially if it's Deion Sanders and his son. The funny thing is Deion never talked bad about any of these coaches or teams, they always spark it and he'll respond then folks react like "Oh Deion running his mouth...".

These coaches saw him get Travis Hunter to come to a HBCU and it scared the **** outta them. Then he goes to a sorry program, flip the team as best as possible and start 3-0. They know kids are gonne be drawn to play for him so this is early frustration from some of coaches and weirdo elitist fans.

Definitely a downgrade based on the schools but if you pay me double and my expectations will be lower in comparison?

giphy.gif

but that's why I'm not a head coach

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom