OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michigan as No. 2 is weighing on the university aint it… can y’all live up to that…

It’s hysterical that Oregon and Washington are “****ing over their neighbors” by leaving the conference when we didn’t hear anything about that when USC and UCLA left. Those two took all the marketability of the conference, but Oregon and Washington are suddenly the bad guys. I get that someone doesn’t like those two schools, but don’t be such a homer.

The more “most America **** ever” aspect of this is that one of the neighbors got a profitable invite that the other neighbor eventually got, and the original neighbor doesn’t like it one bit because it was supposed to be their thing.

Being 4th or 5th team at best didn’t seem to be an issue when USC and especially UCLA made the jump.
You’re not listening or paying attention. USC absolutely said **** you to the PAC. That was the whole point. It was intentional as a **** you to them. No one is debating that. But we are talking about Oregon and Washington and them pointing fingers when they 100% did the same thing. They kneecapped the conference each time it tried to salvage things.

UW’s President said they turned down the Apple deal because the money in it wasn’t the same as the deal they’d been shown earlier in the week. Now we know that Apple offered MORE (not by a lot but more) than they’d been shown previously. And the amount they ultimately settled on taking was the same number they’d blocked the rest of the conference from accepting 8 months earlier. They ****** them.

You keep trying to personalize it and engage things like I’m taking a shot at those schools. What I’m doing is speaking facts. I’m not taking your bait. Go find your spicy back and forth elsewhere.

You’re not listening or paying attention. USC absolutely said **** you to the PAC. That was the whole point. It was intentional as a **** you to them. No one is debating that. But we are talking about Oregon and Washington and them pointing fingers when they 100% did the same thing. They kneecapped the conference each time it tried to salvage things.

UW’s President said they turned down the Apple deal because the money in it wasn’t the same as the deal they’d been shown earlier in the week. Now we know that Apple offered MORE (not by a lot but more) than they’d been shown previously. And the amount they ultimately settled on taking was the same number they’d blocked the rest of the conference from accepting 8 months earlier. They ****ed them.

You keep trying to personalize it and engage things like I’m taking a shot at those schools. What I’m doing is speaking facts. I’m not taking your bait for a spicy back and forth.
You’re placing blame where it doesn’t belong when your school bailed on the same ****. So they should have gotten into a multi-year contract locking them into obscurity just because it was for similar money?

They said **** you to the PAC just like USC did. Listen to yourself. And I’m just using your words to re-paint the picture of how silly this sounds. You’ve been ****ting on Oregon and Washington from the jump about how they would never be welcome in the Big 10…yet here we are.

You’re placing blame where it doesn’t belong when your school bailed on the same ****. So they should have gotten into a multi-year contract locking them into obscurity just because it was for similar money?

They said **** you to the PAC just like USC did. Listen to yourself. And I’m just using your words to re-paint the picture of how silly this sounds. You’ve been ****ting on Oregon and Washington from the jump about how they would never be welcome in the Big 10…yet here we are.
USC/UCLA and Oregon/UW left the conference under different pretenses. We had a whole debate in here about what was going on and how the LA schools were being driven out and everyone in here insisted that those schools were overestimating their importance and that the PAC would just refuse to schedule them and those schools would be the ones hurt. I’m not going to gravedig or go back and forth on that. Whatever.

As it specifically pertains to UW and Oregon, what is the better long term future? 2 years of 11-1/12-0 and a potential playoff visit as the lead dog in a conference on the same level as the Big 12 and arguably ACC, then pitching yourselves as playoff teams and national title contenders when renegotiations come up; or

Going 9-3/8-4 every year for $5-14M more than you would have had before over the course of a decade? And yes, that’s a risk for USC also, but you’re dumb if you think USC’s ceiling is the same as UW or Oregon’s.

Preseason polls are a bunch of malarkey.

That said, I think Michigan can be the number 2 team this year.

It’s the team with the least amount of question marks outside of UGA. Outside of CB there’s not a position group on the roster that I’m worried about and even then Walker has one of the highest ceilings on the entire roster.

USC/UCLA and Oregon/UW left the conference under different pretenses. We had a whole debate in here about what was going on and how the LA schools were being driven out and everyone in here insisted that those schools were overestimating their importance and that the PAC would just refuse to schedule them and those schools would be the ones hurt. I’m not going to gravedig or go back and forth on that. Whatever.

As it specifically pertains to UW and Oregon, what is the better long term future? 2 years of 11-1/12-0 and a potential playoff visit as the lead dog in a conference on the same level as the Big 12 and arguably ACC, then pitching yourselves as playoff teams and national title contenders when renegotiations come up; or

Going 9-3/8-4 every year for $5-14M more than you would have had before over the course of a decade? And yes, that’s a risk for USC also, but you’re dumb if you think USC’s ceiling is the same as UW or Oregon’s.
Colorado was already gone. Arizona was already gone, most likely leading to Arizona State being gone along with them. Utah was already flirting with alternate options (which you personally said wouldn’t happen because they hate BYU too much). You think Oregon and Washington wanna stick in a 6-team league because they can make the playoffs easily and prove that the 6-team league they’re in deserve a spot? You took a snapshot of the league where it was at when USC/UCLA decided to leave and made it a lifetime memory, but didn’t realize the landscape is changing every day.

Colorado was already gone. Arizona was already gone, most likely leading to Arizona State being gone along with them. Utah was already flirting with alternate options (which you personally said wouldn’t happen because they hate BYU too much). You think Oregon and Washington wanna stick in a 6-team league because they can make the playoffs easily and prove that the 6-team league they’re in deserve a spot? You took a snapshot of the league where it was at when USC/UCLA decided to leave and made it a lifetime memory, but didn’t realize the landscape is changing every day.
Except all the remaining teams in the league were ready to sign the apple deal the morning of, until they realized Oregon and UW were just bluffing to try to get a full share from the B1G. When it didn’t work they left anyway. ASU (Michael crow) more than anyone didn’t want to leave the PAC nor did Utah. The Big 12 believed they’d lost Arizona and were panic contacting G5s. Is that my snapshot or literally what everyone has said?

But like I said whatever. Not going back and forth any further.

Back
Top Bottom