OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was going to ask how is it going to work with him taking over duties while Riley is sick? I know “technically” as an analyst he isn’t supposed to have any on field coaching. Are they trying to make him an assistant somehow?
Simmons is acting HC til Riley is 100% though Riley was physically at practice today.

They're planning to promote him to an on-field assistant position for the week if Riley can't go.

Houston and a few other schools backchanneling with our intern Kliff Kingsbury for their HC job.

Sounds like Dana is definitely out at the end of the season.

If that’s the direction they plan to go in that is not an improvement.

I’m sure Kliff is easier to deal with on a day to day basis, but he’s not a better coach than Dana.

The safe/smart play is Willie Fritz.

Simmons is acting HC til Riley is 100% though Riley was physically at practice today.

They're planning to promote him to an on-field assistant position for the week if Riley can't go.

Yikes, hope he gets better. I’ve had pneumonia and it’s absolutely terrible

I will never stand during the national anthem at a sporting event after what this maniac did.

Michigan is cooked.

Michigan isn't cooked. This is a big deal to fans and media members but a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with how little punishment Michigan is going to get for this. At worst they will lose a small number of scholarships and this assistant will likely be fired.

For perspective look at Kansas basketball. That investigation literally involved people going to prison and the only thing that came from it is Kansas vacating some wins 5+ years later (all after they won a national championship).

People who think the NCAA is going to seriously punish for sign stealing Michigan or dreaming. People are acting like this is the height of crime in college football but programs have done a lot worse and gotten a slap on the wrist.

It won't be the NCAA, but maybe the other teams in the Big Ten get the commish to ban them from the title game? TV powers will probably step in though.

It's probably more prevalent then just Michigan doing it and we think. Would be interested in seeing how much other B1G schools push.

The assistant will probably never work for any team again but I don’t think it’ll be any big penalty nor should it be, it’s just getting blown up because we’ve never seen anyone actually caught doing it like this

It's probably more prevalent then just Michigan doing it and we think. Would be interested in seeing how much other B1G schools push.

Other teams will probably tread carefully because everyone does this ****

This situation is very similar to the NIL tampering stuff that coaches complain about. Coaches will go to a press conference and whine about tampering in the transfer portal but you notice that they will never go to their athletic director or conference office and actually name names.

Coach: "tampering is a really big problem, there are opposing coaches in my player's DMs everyday!

Reporter: "seems like you have a smoking gun, who are these coaches?"

Coach: "I don't want to talk about it but it's a problem"

🤣🤣🤣

They won't do this because every team is tampering in the transfer portal and The first team to inform on another school will open up pandora's box.

On the flip side maybe this whole thing made Gattis look even better which lead to him going to Miami for a bit, Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T dacomeup dacomeup you guys should pursue legal action

atty-hb.gif

Reporter’s note from USC practice yesterday:

“Our brief media session ends before it really gets going and the team plays 50 Cent's "Many Men" as we walk out, famously blasting over Riley in the post-game presser from the Utah locker room. Bold strategy.”

😂

The assistant will probably never work for any team again but I don’t think it’ll be any big penalty nor should it be, it’s just getting blown up because we’ve never seen anyone actually caught doing it like this
An ex-military dude writing bat **** crazy manifestos?

I don’t think it’s the sign stealing that’s gonna keep him from being hired :lol:

Reporter’s note from USC practice yesterday:

“Our brief media session ends before it really gets going and the team plays 50 Cent's "Many Men" as we walk out, famously blasting over Riley in the post-game presser from the Utah locker room. Bold strategy.”

😂

I can imagine Lincoln hitting this part so hard

"Cuz he got shot like I got shot but he ain't fu*kin breathin!"

20231026_100539.jpg

This Michigan stuff is such a non story. Everybody is doing it and now they’re just trying to cover their tracks since Michigan got caught.

The good thing about this Michigan stuff is it may lead to them finally implementing technology on the sidelines/headsets
This. All of this. Because the NCAA is such a reactionary organization things like this take place. If they had implemented headsets (green dots) years ago like coaches were asking for this never would have happened. Same thing with NIL.

NCAA is such a joke and has been for years. They never wanted to make tough decisions. They've pushed away these types of issues time and time again and then it comes to light, usually by someone other than the NCAA and they look dumber and dumber.

Back
Top Bottom