OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Emotional day for the family. Senior Day. Can’t believe how fast 4 years went by. From tearing his Achilles a week into freshmen of being on campus to starting as a senior and being part of Ivy League champion team. Long battle back. Very proud. One more game on the road against Yale. Can’t wait for The Game

IMG_0283.png

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

Never saw Lanning staying at Oregon long. Waiting his time for a primo SEC job was what I expected.

Oregon can match the A&M money. I just don’t know why he would leave a good situation at Oregon to go to a tougher league. A&M boosters and fans expect results that are damn near impossible for the program to achieve.

Oregon can match the A&M money. I just don’t know why he would leave a good situation at Oregon to go to a tougher league. A&M boosters and fans expect results that are damn near impossible for the program to achieve.
Expecting to be better than 8-4 is damn near impossible?

Why?

Why?

Maybe I’m wrong, but the vibe that I get from A&M folks (including a couple of boosters I know in DFW) is that they want 10 win seasons, SEC championship appearances and to be in a position to knock off the Alabama’s and Georgia’s every now and then. I think that’s fair given the amount of money they’re spending but it’s not going to be any easier with Texas and OU coming in. The occasional 10 win season should be enough to keep folks happy but it’s going to be very difficult to achieve that on a regular basis unless A&M has a home run hire.

Why?

Maybe I’m wrong, but the vibe that I get from A&M folks (including a couple of boosters I know in DFW) is that they want 10 win seasons, SEC championship appearances and to be in a position to knock off the Alabama’s and Georgia’s every now and then. I think that’s fair given the amount of money they’re spending but it’s not going to be any easier with Texas and OU coming in. The occasional 10 win season should be enough to keep folks happy but it’s going to be very difficult to achieve that on a regular basis unless A&M has a home run hire.

This is the million dollar question: what are the expectations of the Texas A&M fan base? And what should the expectations be?

I get the vibe that the influential people around the Texas A&M program believe that they should be a top-tier SEC program, up there with Georgia, Alabama, LSU (and Texas going forward). They have all of the advantages a program would need to be elite: facilities, NIL, commitment to football, proximity to talent.

It makes you wonder why they have an accomplished anything in the modern era of the sport given all the advantages they have.

LSU wasn’t anything until they hired Saban.
Florida was a punching bag until Spurrier.
Clemson was an afterthought before Dabo.

Why can’t Texas A&M win?

It’s not external. They have EVERYTHING. Jimbo is flat out proof of concept they can recruit and attract talent as well as anyone in America.

what happens in Austin or Oklahoma doesn’t really impact A&M all that much. When Texas was great, A&M was largely an 8-4 program. When Texas has been bad, A&M has largely been an 8-4 program.

They’re bad at hiring coaches and they’ve made mistakes with the last two guys doubling down too quickly before anything had really even been accomplished.

I do not care what happened 30 years ago. Honestly, I don’t care what happened 15 years ago. Because it doesn’t matter.

A&M’s issues are all internal-facing problems. Poor leadership. Poor accountability. Poor talent identification and so desperate for success they allow themselves to be leveraged through the roof by coaches who haven’t earned anything.

I have no faith they’re going to make a great hire.

Back
Top Bottom