OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jim Mora at UCLA was better than and beat Lane at USC (sanctions but 🤷🏾‍♂️)

I think Lane has something like only 3 wins against ranked opponents in his career as a head coach? (The only time he’s beaten a P5 opponent that finished with 9 wins, was Stanford in 2011.)
So you’re gonna tell us that Jim Mora is a better coach than Lane Kiffin? Not really much more for me to argue here if so.

EYE think Lane's a wonderful meme but he's a dude with a ceiling, and I don't think it's just because of Ole Miss.

I might be wrong but I'll die on that hill.

So you’re gonna tell us that Jim Mora is a better coach than Lane Kiffin? Not really much more for me to argue here if so.
I edited that to just beat*

And no. I think the point is that Lane Kiffin is not proof that Ole Miss cares about football. He’s just the best they can do.

UCLA went out and beat Florida for the best HC candidate available in 2017. He hasn’t worked out but he was a bigger and better hire than any Ole Miss has ever attempted to make. In 2017, Lane wasn’t anywhere close to as well regarded a college coach as Chip was.

A UCLA fan literally came in here earlier and said that they don’t care about football. nako xl nako xl sticking up for them ahead of their rivalry game this weekend is adorable.
1. I said they’re a basketball school first and haven’t found a coach who can make everything coalesce at the right time.

2. They had that in the 80s and 90s and won 7 pac 10 championships in an about 13 year span. Ole Miss has won ONE division title in 60 years.

3. That same ucla fan called himself a casual.

EYE think Lane's a wonderful meme but he's a dude with a ceiling, and I don't think it's just because of Ole Miss.

He’s beaten one 9 win team in his career. Maybe 2 if LSU wins out this year.

That 2011 USC team is doing ALL of the heavy lifting for Lane’s career.

Oh boy here we go hyping Lane up again

Man’s has not one single signature win in his career but because Ole Miss is playing good ball in the weakest SEC west we’ve ever seen he’s great :smh: nasty work

Mercer
Tulane
Ga Tech
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
Vandy
A&M
UGA
ULM
Miss State

Stop it

Lane's been great at beating up the middle/bottom of the SEC and beating/trolling Jimbo.

There's something to be said for that, but I don't think he's a no brainer WHY ARENT YOU HIRING THIS GUY candidate.

Oh boy here we go hyping Lane up again

Man’s has not one single signature win in his career but because Ole Miss is playing good ball in the weakest SEC west we’ve ever seen he’s great :smh: nasty work

Mercer
Tulane
Ga Tech
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
Vandy
A&M
UGA
ULM
Miss State

Stop it
Lane is Lane. Does anyone think he's a top 20 coach? Probably not.

But in this situation, for UCLA, it would be a home run hire for that program. Hell of an offensive coach and recruits. Had to recruit Cali when you are the head of a football program in Mississippi.

And I would love to see him try and troll Lincoln each week. Would be fun to see.

I can see why you might feel this way. He does have a goofy, unserious demeanor and I'm not sure if he would be a good CEO of a program like Texas A&M. As Bud Elliott mentioned yesterday, the Aggies have a lot of traditions and goofy stuff that go with the job. I'm not sure if Lane would be down for all of the extracurriculars.

Also, Lane does not like to recruit. That is by far the biggest fault as a head coach. Even at a program like Texas A&M with great resources, you still have to recruit like a madman.

Lane has done a great job of closing the talent gap by out scheming opposing teams on offense. Ole Miss are one of the least talented teams in the conference yet Lane has his team in position to beat basically everyone except for Alabama and Georgia. There's certainly something to be said for that.

Screenshot_20231114_130041_Chrome.jpg

Honestly, Lane seems like one of those guys who would much rather be a pro coach where his only responsibility is to call offensive plays and scheme guys open. He wouldn't have to worry about being a CEO or talent acquisition.

C
I edited that to just beat*

And no. I think the point is that Lane Kiffin is not proof that Ole Miss cares about football. He’s just the best they can do.

UCLA went out and beat Florida for the best HC candidate available in 2017. He hasn’t worked out but he was a bigger and better hire than any Ole Miss has ever attempted to make. In 2017, Lane wasn’t anywhere close to as well regarded a college coach as Chip was.
context. Kelly went to UCLA because he didn’t want to work and he knew that **** would have him out at Florida swiftly, where they fire HCs as soon as it’s clear that it’s not going to work. But sure, let’s pretend that those factors don’t mean anything.

Overall, what’s the point of firing these guys so early in the season? When does A&M realistically think they’re going to hire a replacement?

LSU hired Brian Kelley and announced on November 29th.

That seems to be the plan.
That’s still 2 weeks later from now though, pretty much all of the regular season is over with just the bowl games left at the end of November. I was just thinking it’ll be a lot harder to hire somebody they might want while the season is still happening.

Also, Lane does not like to recruit. That is by far the biggest fault as a head coach. Even at a program like Texas A&M with great resources, you still have to recruit like a madman.

What...?

Lane has always been a great recruiter :lol:

Back
Top Bottom