OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just seems like most of the coaches who left there quickly have been doing pretty well. Lanning is in prime position to make a run at the PAC/Playoff if he can beat Washington.

Do you guys think long term success isn’t sustainable there? I understand the pestering from Phil being an issue too.
Which other coaches are doing well?

Chip is about to be fired. Helfrich was the bears OC for two years and hasn’t gotten a non tv job since. Taggart is the Ravens RB coach and Cristobal is prob going into a must show improvement situation next year.

Guys who excel at Oregon tend to fall off after 🤷🏾‍♂️

Chip is about to be fired. Helfrich was the bears OC for two years and hasn’t gotten a non tv job since. Taggart is the Ravens RB coach and Cristobal is prob going into a must show improvement situation next year.

No I meant doing well while they’re at Oregon

Chip (46-7)

Helfrich (37-16)

Willie (7-5)

Mario (35-13)

I know the PAC was pretty well down during some of this time. But it seems like when the coaches leave the wheels aren’t falling off

No I meant doing well while they’re at Oregon

Chip (46-7)

Helfrich (37-16)

Willie (7-5)

Mario (35-13)

I know the PAC was pretty well down during some of this time. But it seems like when the coaches leave the wheels aren’t falling off
We’re now comparing coaches across different eras of CFB, who had really different strengths and weaknesses because nako xl nako xl hates Oregon and wants to diminish Lanning’s ability.

This literally has nothing to do with Mario. You know I haven’t even watched a game in weeks. You’re irrational when it comes to Oregon.

Your response to ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis about what’s fraudulent about Lanning became about Taggart and Cristobal.
Not at all. I said there are inherent advantages at Oregon over the rest of the conference that he loses if he joins the SEC. I used Mario as an example.

I didn’t mention Taggart. You’re projecting a little there.

Not at all. I said there are inherent advantages at Oregon over the rest of the conference that he loses if he joins the SEC. I used Mario as an example.

Advantages in what, recruiting? Is that really A&M’s problem?

Or is the fact they are one of the few physical teams in what is a conference that plays mostly a soft brand of football?

I get the latter point but I also don’t think the SEC is nearly as physical as it used to be, and I don’t think getting the athletes to win at the LOS should really be a problem for A&M.

Last edited:
This is kind of crazy looking back at things. Jayden Daniels was throwing TD passes to Brandon Aiyuk in 2019, he played with Ricky Pearsall in 2021

Huh?

You mentioned Taggart here. What am I projecting?

Advantages in what recruiting? Is that really A&M’s problem?

Or is the fact they are one of the few physical teams in what is a conference that plays mostly a soft brand of football?

I get the latter point but I also don’t think the SEC is nearly as physical as it used to be, and I don’t think getting the athletes to win at the LOS should really be a problem for A&M.

The physicality in the SEC is partly the kind of bodies you can get. The SEC is able to recruit kids in their backyard that due to shifting demographic dynamics simply don’t exist anywhere in the PAC 12 except for LA and even that is changing.

When Oregon is the only school getting those kids and stacking them class after class that’s a distinct advantage over the rest of the conference. When I say they’re the only SEC team in the conference, it’s not just because they were doing NIL before it was legal. I’m also talking about the philosophy and make up of their roster. USC is the only other school which could field a roster like that and they’re coming off 10 years of sanctions and Helton.

When you go to A&M and three other schools just in your division have the exact same talent and bodies, you’ve lost that inherent advantage you had as a coach at your last job.

Huh?

You mentioned Taggart here. What am I projecting?
I responded to Dre asking why I think Lanning is fools gold.

I then responded to a completely separate post by witness asking why Oregon has been a stepping stone for coaches careers.

Two separate questions with two separate answers. What’s your confusion?

I responded to Dre asking why I think Lanning is fools gold.

I then responded to a completely separate post by witness asking why Oregon has been a stepping stone for coaches careers.

Two separate questions with two separate answers. What’s your confusion?
And I was responding to witness based on your exchange where he was listing out Oregon’s recent coaches. There’s literally no projection. You’re just lazily using correlation to show causation without exploring the actual coaches and what their respective strengths and weaknesses were.

Let's not forget, Oregon is B1G next season, so maybe I'm a fool, but I believe him. The landscape is changing dramatically and the SEC of today may not be the SEC of tomorrow. Makes sense to want to see it through right now.

Back
Top Bottom