OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The juicy hire I can’t wait to see is ucla when chip is gone.
According to my sauces, it’s going to be a splashy hire no doubt.

My guess is Lane.

The smoke I’ve been seeing around UCLA is Smith or Fisch. Idk that Smith would leave his alma mater right now though.

Still gotta see if UCLA even fires Chip though.

Is that a better job than Ole Miss?

Press-X-To-Doubt-Feature-Image.jpg

Lane going from Ole Miss to UCLA seems like a step back.

But if he wants back in Cali yeah that makes sense. Plus he could have the opportunity to stick it to USC yearly if he could actually build a program there.

UCLA is a basketball school. When’s the last time they were relevant? What are we doing here? Are we too young to remember clowning them for this?

ktm2os-b78576852z.120091124033050000gk5l1sai.1.jpg

UCLA football is an afterthought.

As a casual UCLA football/basketball fan, no one cares about UCLA football. :lol:

Our upside is being like a top 20-25 program. Should be even lower now that they will be in the Big Ten.

I honestly don’t even know other than they’ve just flat out hired bad football coaches over and over again.

They’ve obviously got more money/resources/a bigger brand at their disposal than Ole Miss.

Do they just not care about football?

UCLA has historically won more, been easier to win at, has a better recruiting territory, has recruited consistently like a top 10-20 school even while losing when under anyone but Chip, and Westwood is a more desirable place to live than Oxford.

What you see right now under Lane is Ole Miss’s ceiling.

I honestly don’t even know other than they’ve just flat out hired bad football coaches over and over again.

They’ve obviously got more money/resources/a bigger brand at their disposal than Ole Miss.

They’re a basketball school. They have some very rich and powerful boosters though, Casey wasserman, they just haven’t hired a coach in the past 20+ years that can bring it all together.

Lane going from Ole Miss to UCLA seems like a step back.

But if he wants back in Cali yeah that makes sense. Plus he could have the opportunity to stick it to USC yearly if he could actually build a program there.
Lane tried to get the SC job back in 2021.

I don't think UCLA has a bigger football brand than Ole Miss. Obviously the university has a bigger brand and national profile than Ole Miss but not football wise.

Ole Miss has a much greater commitment to football and they have the luxury of being the biggest show in town by a wide margin, Ole Miss is a big fish in a small pond

In the Los Angeles sports market, UCLA football probably isn't in the top 10. Also, college football isn't in the lifeblood of LA in the same way it is Mississippi.

It’s better to live in LA than Mississippi for sure. Not a better football job though
Going back to 2005 (Ed O’s first year) Ole Miss has finished higher than 5th in the SEC west 6 times (including a tie for 5th.)

They’ve won the division once since 1963.

Why is it a better job?

UCLA has historically won more, been easier to win at, has a better recruiting territory, has recruited consistently like a top 10-20 school even while losing when under anyone but Chip, and Westwood is a more desirable place to live than Oxford.

What you see right now under Lane is Ole Miss’s ceiling.
I kind of lump UCLA in with A&M where it’s like “everything you need is there, why can’t they get their **** together?”

Ole Miss feels like they’re operating at their ceiling.

They can’t out-spend the SEC. They can’t out-recruit the SEC.

Lane Kiffin literally tells you in pressers every week why that job sucks and he’s tried to leave every single offseason since he’s been there :lol: :lol:

I kind of lump UCLA in with A&M where it’s like “everything you need is there, why can’t they get their **** together?”

Ole Miss feels like they’re operating at their ceiling.

They can’t out-spend the SEC. They can’t out-recruit the SEC.

Lane Kiffin literally tells you in pressers every week why that job sucks and he’s tried to leave every single offseason since he’s been there :lol: :lol:

I was actually texting with an SC booster last season about Lane and he said a bunch of them still hang out with him and he’s having a great time dating on campus :lol:

The smoke I’ve been seeing around UCLA is Smith or Fisch. Idk that Smith would leave his alma mater right now though.

Still gotta see if UCLA even fires Chip though.
Smith is a good guess. Heard about that as well. I think he has no choice but to leave Corvallis one day.

Going back to 2005 (Ed O’s first year) Ole Miss has finished higher than 5th in the SEC west 6 times (including a tie for 5th.)

They’ve won the division once since 1963.

Why is it a better job?
Because they actually care about football. The last two coaches that Ole Miss had would be the best two coaches that UCLA has had this century.

Because they actually care about football. The last two coaches that Ole Miss had would be the best two coaches that UCLA has had this century.
Jim Mora at UCLA beat Lane at USC (sanctions but 🤷🏾‍♂️)

I think Lane has something like only 3 wins against ranked opponents in his career as a head coach? (The only time he’s beaten a P5 opponent that finished with 9 wins, was Stanford in 2011.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom