OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, it feels like week 4 again in here when CU lost to Oregon and people came out of hiding and were celebrating like it was January 6th all over again. :lol:
I was on the winning side back then. Not too worried about CU. After week 2, I was satisfied with the season because the three things I needed to see movement or some progress I saw.

1. Local enthusiasm for CU football. CU has a deep and wealthy Alumni and supporter base that all but abandoned the team after Slick Rick left. The scandals and negative product had people saying that CU should give up football. Getting those people back in the fold will be critical to lure recruits and play the NIL game. Most people outside of the state don't know how bad things had gotten.

2. An actual direction for CU football. The fact that the AD and boosters are actually making financial commitments to CU athletics is a a direct result of having a team that has a direction.

3. Commitment to attract diverse people to Boulder. Even when CU was winning in the early 90s there was a huge problem with the mostly white and affluent community of Boulder and their acceptance of the diverse student athletes. This will be the make or break for CU but I hope that the more diverse people that visit Boulder the more the community will embrace diversity

Deion Sanders didn't get enough criticism for this. Why is Travis Hunter playing basically every offensive and defensive snap in a game you are down 50 in the fourth quarter? Also, Deion has kept Shadeur too much in a lot of these games where Colorado is getting blown out. It was inevitable he would suffer a serious injury.

UMD needs to go back to the ACC, the Big 10 thing never gon work when it comes to results …They legit losers n cupcakes now, hate to see it :smh:
They’re basically in the same spot in football in the Big 10 as they were in the ACC. Not gonna be better than OSU/Michigan/PSU just like they weren’t gonna be better than Clemson/FSU/etc. Middle of the pack.

At least they’re getting more bread :lol:

They’re basically in the same spot in football in the Big 10 as they were in the ACC. Not gonna be better than OSU/Michigan/PSU just like they weren’t gonna be better than Clemson/FSU/etc. Middle of the pack.

At least they’re getting more bread :lol:
Less bread but they would be in a better position on the field in the ACC based on style of play and quality of top teams, I don’t think that’s a stretch to say

The league is just a bad fit for them, it was pure money move plain and simple

If you don’t want to play in one, single game why not just shut it down right now with a bigger sample size of games to get hurt in? The logic never makes sense to me.

Baby Tua is literal trash
UMD always has weapons but never anybody to get the ball to em consistently, it never fails :lol: :smh:

All the dudes that make it in the NFL are WR’s, RB’s and DB’s, and LB’s or edge rushers…They suck at every other position so that’s why they max out at 6-7 wins

Why would he? :lol:
the same reason he's playing today.

must be that new evidence that made UM go ahead and accept the suspension. Harbaugh prolly on tape saying, "somebody get me that kid that we pay to buy tickets to other games to steal signs. he knows we do this every monday at 3."

Under what circumstances could Miami fans fill the stadium? Would it literally need to be an undefeated Miami team playing FSU/Florida who is also ranked highly?

Besides already being bowl eligible, what else are they playing for that fans would want to show up? and EYE think fans aren’t happy with Cristobal especially after what he did/said after the game earlier this yr where the player fumbled when all they needed to do was take a knee

If you don’t want to play in one, single game why not just shut it down right now with a bigger sample size of games to get hurt in? The logic never makes sense to me.

My only guess is that the optics of shutting it down mid season would be a bad look. He could’ve called it quits a few games ago. The media would go crazy with the “he quit on his team” narrative

Besides already being bowl eligible, what else are they playing for that fans would want to show up? and EYE think fans aren’t happy with Cristobal especially after what he did/said after the game earlier this yr where the player fumbled when all they needed to do was take a knee
Mario being an idiot there isn't why fans don't show up. Not being good and stadium location are more of a factor.

Under what circumstances could Miami fans fill the stadium? Would it literally need to be an undefeated Miami team playing FSU/Florida who is also ranked highly?

Stadium literally has been packed when the team was good in 2017. Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, etc.

Back
Top Bottom