OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20231121_135316.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Out of curiosity and boredom, who would you guys consider a good DC hire for Riley? The people reportedly contacted:

Jim Leonhard (prev Wisconsin)
Jimmy Lake (prev UW)
Geoff Collins (prev GT HC)
Andy Avalos (prev Boise HC)
Scott Symons (SMU)
Trent Bray (Or. St.)
Elijah Robinson (A&M) /Fran Brown (UGA)

There are other names being linked by the beat reporters like Pete Kwiatkowsi at UT, Scalley at Utah, NC State, and Nebraska's DC's also.

Out of curiosity and boredom, who would you guys consider a good DC hire for Riley? The people reportedly contacted:

Jimmy Lake (prev UW)
Scott Symons (SMU)
Trent Bray (Or. St.)

There are other names being linked by the beat reporters like Pete Kwiatkowsi at UT, Scalley at Utah, NC State, and Nebraska's DC's also.

Leonhard. That’s it.

If you’re not depending on him to recruit then Leonhard. I’d probably go with Collins based on what I know about SC and Riley.

If you’re not depending on him to recruit then Leonhard. I’d probably go with Collins based on what I know about SC and Riley.
What do you mean? If you're saying what I think you're saying, my thought on Collins since he sounds like he's the thirstiest for the job, is it would be good to have an actual other head coach on the staff running the defense.

Gary Patterson helped work with our defense during spring camp and decided not to stick around longer than that. As washed up as HE is, I was excited at the prospects of having a defensive HC on staff telling Riley and Grinch what they're doing wrong. I think Collins presents that.

I think Lake would too though.

I’m probably wrong - but I don’t want a DC that doesn’t wanna recruit.

Leonhard on my skeptical list just for that.

An offensive HC hiring a guy like ERob (who has never called plays), after just firing the DC he brought over with him seems kinda dangerous.

If he goes to Bama I hope he don't think his numbers would be better. A&M starting QB is better than Milroe. Not saying Milroe is bad but Connor is better
His couple games with Conner were great.

He’s probably gone, but hopefully he’ll at least hear a new guy out. He was the one recruit in that 2022 group that was supposedly a through and through Jimbo guy for whatever reason.

Needs to go where he believes he’ll be most productive. He’s gone in a year regardless.

Hope he stays. But doubt it.

As some others have mentioned, a lot of those later rankings are to help the committee justify what they want to do. Bama and Georgia benefit from Tennessee being ranked.

I 100% agree it’s to boost them and it’s very obvious. Perfect example:

Oregon state #11 loses by 2 to Washington for their third loss and drops 5 spots

Tennessee #18 gets stomped by UGA for their 4th loss and drops 3 spots remaining ranked

Jimmy Lake (prev UW)
Scott Symons (SMU)
Trent Bray (Or. St.)

Leonhard in the short term, but I feel like he’d be a candidate to dip on you guys after a year tho. Would he be bringing in his own guys?

Lake or Collins would be solid hires and solid bets to hang around a bit since I don’t think either of those two are going to get a HC opportunity again anytime soon.

If he goes to Bama I hope he don't think his numbers would be better. A&M starting QB is better than Milroe. Not saying Milroe is bad but Connor is better
His numbers could stay the same and he’d still get drafted higher coming out of Bama vs. A&M. Jimbo destroyed the draft stock of at least a dozen of our players, and I kinda hope they all go elsewhere to get back on top of the money they deserve.

What do you mean? If you're saying what I think you're saying, my thought on Collins since he sounds like he's the thirstiest for the job, is it would be good to have an actual other head coach on the staff running the defense.
I’m not worried about him being thirsty for the job. He’s willing to grind recruiting too. Everything I’ve heard about Leonhard suggest he’s more of a 9 to 5 coach. Lincoln has job stability I wouldn’t be worried about bringing in another HC.

Back
Top Bottom